GameStop B2G1 on PSP/PS2/GC Games ONLY! Ends Sunday 6/24

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starting 4/23, all pre-owned PSP/PS2/GC will be B2G1 free.

This DOES NOT apply to 360/PS3/Wii.

Not sure if this is regional or not, but I was putting up the signs at closing tonight.

Some store do not carry Gamecube games anymore. The store I work for, we ship out all of ours, so if you are looking for GC games, you should call your local store and ask if they still sell GC games.

I really want them to do a 50% off PS2 or GCN again... Still need a few titles for my PSP collection, might check out my local store tomorrow.

Yeah I think it's nationwide. I put up the signs for them by close as well.

This sale has some potential with the trade promo Target is having this week.

Needs to be B2G2 like it was last summer. Or even 75% off. They should start thinking about clearancing out the products now that new Wiis and PS3s are no long backwards compatible.

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']games only? or are consoles included?[/QUOTE]

Pre-owned Consoles qualify, but can not be the free item.

IE... You can buy a GameCube system, and 2 pre-owned GC games, and you'd get the cheapest of the 2 GC games for free.

Don't know if I should get some cheap PS2 games now or wait til Summer and hope for a B2G2...

Do you know how long this sale will last?

[quote name='sasukekun']Pre-owned Consoles qualify, but can not be the free item.

IE... You can buy a GameCube system, and 2 pre-owned GC games, and you'd get the cheapest of the 2 GC games for free.[/QUOTE]

Ah alright...guess I gotta head back to gamestop tomorrow, just bought a gc today lol. Thanks for the info!

That's cool, hope it is at my store. I think I can find at least 3 PSP/PS2/GCN games to make this deal worth a trip.

Saw some UMD movies that I kind of want too. Been debating if I should just get the DVD versions instead.

Edit: How long will this be running, just this week? Would be nice if it was a permanent sale kind of like they did with original Xbox games.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Perfect! I was hoping GS would do this soon, I was looking to pick up Digital Devil Saga 1, 2 and Nocturne.
Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Those games are hard to find in my area since last year.

anyone know when they will do B2G2 or 50%?
Lucky I got fire emblem for gamecube during the one day 50% sale. It was complete with booklet and box. $12.50 was still alot, but since it was complete.... i didnt want to take a chance on it.

Anyone know what is a "most have" for the gamecube and PS2?
I only have Final fantasy for the PS2.

[quote name='The Punisher']Those games are hard to find in my area since last year.

anyone know when they will do B2G2 or 50%?
Lucky I got fire emblem for gamecube during the one day 50% sale. It was complete with booklet and box. $12.50 was still alot, but since it was complete.... i didnt want to take a chance on it.

Anyone know what is a "most have" for the gamecube and PS2?
I only have Final fantasy for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

$12.50 is a pretty sweet deal for Fire Emblem.

A "must have" list would largely depend on what you're interested in. There are SO many good RPGs for the PS2. It's a bit ridiculous.

Got like 12 mostly old sports games for 30 bucks over the weekend from B2G1, I don't want to have their inventory cleared out by the time a 50 or 75% sale rolls around, but I suppose I can hold off until then on the rest of my purchases.

Most of my stores still have PS2 and GC games, although a few went through the liberty of throwing away ALL of the boxes (despite the fact that one store that did this is a larger store that easily has room for them).

Well, I'm kind of stuck with a PSP that I can't sell, at least for quite a while, probably. Any recommendations for good, cheap games?

Viewtiful Joes and Resident Evil 4 were great on gamecube.
I also thought GodHand and Kingdom Hearts were great on ps2.
just my opinions

Okay, I might look into those....wait....how much are memory cards? I just remembered those. Hmm, if it costs too much I'll just forget ti. I don't want to spend too much on a system I'm going to sell eventually anyway.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Okay, I might look into those....wait....how much are memory cards? I just remembered those. Hmm, if it costs too much I'll just forget ti. I don't want to spend too much on a system I'm going to sell eventually anyway.[/QUOTE]

Buy an microSD-duopro converter and cheap microSD memory. I bought 16G plus the converter for

picked up Phantasy Star Portable 2, Dissidia 012 and Tales of the World for $38 and some change. All games were complete and like new! =) Hooray for gamestop... for once a decent haul!

[quote name='Potatoeman']Anyone know when this deal ends?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall seeing any expiration dates on the sales displays, but I can check tomorrow morning when I open.

[quote name='shivan128']picked up Phantasy Star Portable 2, Dissidia 012 and Tales of the World for $38 and some change. All games were complete and like new! =) Hooray for gamestop... for once a decent haul![/QUOTE]

That's one heck of a pick up. Good job man!:applause:

Recommendations:

For Gamecube: Gladius, Res. Evil 4, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Fire Emblem, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime 1 or 2,
PSP: Tactics Ogre, God of War games, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Yakuza series, Castlevania Chronicles, any of those awesome 80's arcade compilations.

great sale for people who need to stock up. Good hunting to you all.

well im hoping this goes on for a week or so as i just bought some games recently online and apparently online isnt doing the sales but store is. itll still save me some either way so going to do that tomorrow.

Even if I did find any of those "high profile" titles, they would be in the horrible generic GameStop cases, missing manuals, all that stuff. Not worth the time, I'd sooner take th hit and pay premium on eBay.

Interesting timing, here I was putting together a list of GC game I want to pick up as I never owned one (and have a BC Wii). Still, knowing there was a B2G2 at one point makes me hesitant...but who knows how much longer they'll carry this stuff?

[quote name='The Punisher']Those games are hard to find in my area since last year.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thankfully a GS nearby has Digital Devil Saga 1 and Nocturne, and another one not too far off has DDS 2. It's a tad inconvenient that they're a bit far away but it works.

[quote name='nnthomas']Even if I did find any of those "high profile" titles, they would be in the horrible generic GameStop cases, missing manuals, all that stuff. Not worth the time, I'd sooner take th hit and pay premium on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've learned that GS does not do a good job with sending me complete games when I order online. Have to buy everything in store where I can see it all.

I just rolled the dice with best buy and bought a bunch of psp RPGs (B2G2). At worst, I'll just return them all if them come in generic cases... it's really the worst part about buying pre-owned games online!!

Wow, "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together" is no longer $10 for a new copy. On Gamestop's website it is $40 for a new copy and $30 for used copy. I should have jumped the last time.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Wow, "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together" is no longer $10 for a new copy. On Gamestop's website it is $40 for a new copy and $30 for used copy. I should have jumped the last time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been that price at my local GS for a while.
I es bothered.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Anyone know when this deal ends?[/QUOTE]

Just an update: AFAIK, there's no expiration date set for this sale.

[quote name='sasukekun']Just an update: AFAIK, there's no expiration date set for this sale.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine they just want to clear most of this stuff out. I believe they stopped taking Gamecube games earlier this month, so it makes sense. I'd imagine any deals further out with either be B2G2 free or 50-75% off sales, similar to the GBA stuff. Too bad this isn't working online. I have a bunch of cases/manuals I ordered awhile back in preparation in getting cheap disc only games.

bread's done
Back