* * * * - 6 votes

Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

#2971 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12640 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:58 AM

I ended up ordering Arachnophobia on Blu-Ray with some of the 454 points I had on my account.  Good thing I saw this thread as I had no idea the sale was going on.

#2972 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10586 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

I ended up ordering Arachnophobia on Blu-Ray with some of the 454 points I had on my account.  Good thing I saw this thread as I had no idea the sale was going on.

DAMN.  Yesterday was the last day to buy any physical rewards from the store, and I slept on it!

EDIT - According to the message on the site, this is what will be immediately available when the store relaunches:

Once the new program is up and running, some of our rewards that require shipping will be added back at a later date. In the meantime, you’ll continue to enjoy access to rewards like:

• The Walt Disney Studios VIP Tours and One-Of-A-Kind Experiences
  • Disney e-Gift Cards
  • Discounts on Movie Tickets
  • Printables & More!

Looks like my balance is safe for a while. :)

#2973 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:49 PM

well damn. i liked ordering posters and Funko pops. :(

#2974 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:41 PM

well damn. i liked ordering posters and Funko pops. :(

Disney knows. That's why Disney removed them.

#2975 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2047 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:25 AM

I mean it’s possible they’ll be back when the site relaunches

#2976 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:05 PM

I mean it’s possible they’ll be back when the site relaunches

Precisely. Disney is a brand, and they want to keep all their properties fresh and frequently in your mind and in your home. It's detrimental to remove posters, as they create long-term or even lifetime consumers of future products.

Yeah, I look at it from a marketing perspective. A free poster after buying a handful of their movies means you're likely to continue buying or consuming products to continue earning products that promote their licenses.

#2977 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

Certainly posters could come back, but the marketing budget is only so big. To stay grounded, look at it from the financial perspective too. Say a firm spends a lot of money to buy something expensive like 20th Century Fox so the executives order budget cuts elsewhere. Rewards programs are generally at the front of the line when it comes to those.

#2978 LiquidSnape  

LiquidSnape

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Certainly posters could come back, but the marketing budget is only so big. To stay grounded, look at it from the financial perspective too. Say a firm spends a lot of money to buy something expensive like 20th Century Fox so the executives order budget cuts elsewhere. Rewards programs are generally at the front of the line when it comes to those.

I hope they do,ive been collecting the final posters (not the teasers) for the Star Wars movies and need Rise of Skywalker.I have nearly 12K points and no where near Burbank for a studio tour. Have no idea how to spend these points other than posters or gift cards

#2979 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8621 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:09 AM

I have 14 of the marvel movie posters. all framed on walls in my house. running out of room...but still enjoy getting and displaying them.