slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
systems i own now and timed played

wont go back that far

gamecube (never)
Playstation 2 (never anymore)
DSI XL everyday around 1 to 2 hours per day)
PSP every other day maybe an hour
VITA about 1 a week (longer once i get into disgaea 3 and get done with the rpg on ds im workin on

if all i play is RPG games can someone talk me into buying a new system

A 160 gb PS3 is down to $199 + a free game via Gamestop's online store right now. Game selection is limited to either MK Komplete or Batman Arkham City but you could always sell the game and recoup some costs. MK Komplete will probably sell for more seeing as how Batman AC is getting a GOTY rerelease in May.

There's a good selection of RPGs on PS3. Everything from Final Fantasy XIII to Tales of aw;erlthsdkfhg;aeht;ae to Skyrim to a slew of PSOne titles from PSN. I'd grab one at that price in a heartbeat if I didn't already have one.

Why did you create a thread asking if it was a good idea to buy a PS3 before E3 two weeks ago, and now another one asking to be convinced to buy a PS3?

[quote name='coolz481']Why did you create a thread asking if it was a good idea to buy a PS3 before E3 two weeks ago, and now another one asking to be convinced to buy a PS3?[/QUOTE]

cause im freaking bored :p

really though cause im trying to find someone to talk me out of going and buying one thursday

got myself a vita and regret it... hope the same doesnt happen with a ps3

To quote SONY: Because it only does EVERYTHING

In all honesty neither the 360 or ps3 has a great rpg line-up compared to the ps2. And quite a few RPGs are multi-platform this gen but ps3 does have one of my favorite games the White Knight Chronicles games.

[quote name='slidecage']systems i own now and timed played

wont go back that far

gamecube (never)
Playstation 2 (never anymore)
DSI XL everyday around 1 to 2 hours per day)
PSP every other day maybe an hour
VITA about 1 a week (longer once i get into disgaea 3 and get done with the rpg on ds im workin on

if all i play is RPG games can someone talk me into buying a new system[/QUOTE]

Jrpg's, Xbox has the best with tales of vesperia. Wrpg's, they both have the same stuff more or less. Multiplayer is free on ps3 but not Xbox 360. Personally, I'd wait for the inevitable E3 price drop for either system as a price drop is certain since Nintendo is putting out a new console.

[quote name='maigoyume']To be fair the PS3 just got Tales of Graces F and Ni no Kuni is on the way.[/QUOTE]

Xbox not getting them? That said, announced games are different than released games"

Don't forget anything NISA publishes is pretty much PS3 exclusive so that's a ton of rpgs plus Valkyria Chronicles and Tales of Xillia if that's ever localized. And some multiplatform rpgs are better on the ps3 like FFXIII, Star Ocean, and Eternal Sonata.

Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2 (since you won't be able to play one on PS3), The Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim... You're not going to play any of these titles with a PS2, and they're mostly around $20.00 a pop now (excluding Skyrim). It plays Blu-Rays. You don't have to pay to play online.

Now, to talk you out of it, I find the PS3 controller to be uncomfortable for long hours of gaming. The update system on the PS3 takes forever, and is considered by most to be terrible. Finally, you can't play your MP3s off of the PS3 in the background while playing games.

bread's done
Back