MOVE pisses me off

mr_burnzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey, why the hell doesn't the move controllers work properly? Shooting games like house of the dead overkill and the shoot sucks on it. calibration needed all the time and it's just pretty damn annoying making it unplayable. It works okay on cabelas 2011, the fight and a few others but what the hell. Isn't it supposed to work on all games? I read the internet and people are saying change the background or your shirt. What the hell, is this 2012 or what? I gotta change my shirt to shoot zombies now? Kinda pissed cuz I supported move so I paid a decent amount for these things but fuck man.

lol i got one for the hotd games ( and beause it came in a bundle w/tw12) and its cool and all but like you said it doesnt feel that accurate when playing shooters i tend to do better just using the controller but when it does work well it can be fun.

I use the red sony hangun looking device for shooting games, the shoot works good on that. It reminds me of an old school arcade type shooter.

Thanks for the video, thomas. I should screw around with that some when I get a chance. But you pay hundreds for a console, then at least another hundred on controllers, camera and game to play but it doesn't work right off the bat. The wii was so easy and simple and now we got this..Almost threw my controller at the tv cuz I was angry when I got hotd shipped and to find out it doesn't even work without all this trouble shooting.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Thanks for the video, thomas. I should screw around with that some when I get a chance. But you pay hundreds for a console, then at least another hundred on controllers, camera and game to play but it doesn't work right off the bat. The wii was so easy and simple and now we got this..Almost threw my controller at the tv cuz I was angry when I got hotd shipped and to find out it doesn't even work without all this trouble shooting.[/QUOTE]

Might be user error? I've played most all of the worthwhile move games (RE5 Gold, HOTD, Killzone 3, Resistance 3) and the biggest problem I had was in co-op on RE5 trying to get the two motion controller and two navigation controllers assigned to the proper user.

Do you have a small TV? If you're not just flailing your arms like a monkey I don't see why you are having all these problems.

I got a 52 inch so size isn't an issue. I haven't played with the move in awhile (controllers had 2 inches of dust on them) so maybe there was something I used to do but forgot. I dunno, it's been like at least a year. I think the best fix is fixing up the back ground and maybe changing my shirt. It's just annoying when you just want to play and it gives you so much shit. I'm going to mess around with it after work and hopefully it'll play okay. TIV for this at amazon is 11 so there's that.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I got a 52 inch so size isn't an issue. I haven't played with the move in awhile (controllers had 2 inches of dust on them) so maybe there was something I used to do but forgot. I dunno, it's been like at least a year. I think the best fix is fixing up the back ground and maybe changing my shirt. It's just annoying when you just want to play and it gives you so much shit. I'm going to mess around with it after work and hopefully it'll play okay. TIV for this at amazon is 11 so there's that.[/QUOTE]

Are using just the Move controllers or the Move controllers (Navigation + Motion) combined with the sharpshooter.

I had the hardest time getting used to the sharpshooter. I kept thinking it was broken but it was more just needing to spend time getting used to holding it and using the controls properly.

I think the biggest issue with the technology is the camera IMO... it needs to be rebooted

It's just the move controllers for hotd overkill. I have a hand gun attachment but doubt that's got much to do with it. When you play and set the move controllers down, do you need to recalibrate? My aim is so skewed if I place the controller down for a moment.

[quote name='8bitArtist']make sure the room is pretty bright. a little dim lamp isnt going to cut it.[/QUOTE]
Unless the game tracks the player, you can play in the dark as long as you're not obstructing the camera's ability to see the ball.

If it works well on your other games, then it probably has something to do with House of the Dead Overkill. The vast majority of my Move games work just fine, but Top Darts is the one game that has a lot of issues that makes it the worst Move game I own.

Hearing all of these issues with House of the Dead: Overkill makes me feel a little better that I missed out on $10 deal for it.

Might just get the Wii version if no patch or something is done to fix this issue. I don't have the patience to go through what I'm reading about this game in this thread and the Newegg $10 deal thread.

When I play hotd ok. I don't really gave any problems. I do however play on a small 24 inch monitor. Because i can not find a good usb cable to reach to my 55 inch tv. I had tried one cable and the picture cut in and out. So that made tracking issues.

lmao @ the edited tag. I'm going to try to screw with it today and tomorrow and will report back with results. Busy with some crap lately.

[quote name='gsr1379']When I play hotd ok. I don't really gave any problems. I do however play on a small 24 inch monitor. Because i can not find a good usb cable to reach to my 55 inch tv. I had tried one cable and the picture cut in and out. So that made tracking issues.[/QUOTE]

A 24 inch tv with a ps3? What's the point? Why not just get a 5 dolla make you holla PSX

[quote name='camoor']A 24 inch tv with a ps3? What's the point? Why not just get a 5 dolla make you holla PSX[/QUOTE]

I have the HDMI split to a 24inch monitor and to a 55inch tv. it depends on how i feeling like playing.

If i am just having fun messing around I play on the TV with my surround sound.

If i am trying to get more serious and competitive I play on the monitor with my headset.

Hotd sucks when using the move as wand (99% of the time like the wand setup). Oddly enought it was pretty fun with the sharpshooter which I generally hate.

Haven't had any problems with shooters on rails such as HotD and DeadSpace Extraction. The only real issues I've had with Move were with No More Heroes a few times. FIX IT AND HAVE SOME FUN SHOOTING ZOMBIES.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Thanks for the video, thomas. I should screw around with that some when I get a chance. But you pay hundreds for a console, then at least another hundred on controllers, camera and game to play but it doesn't work right off the bat. The wii was so easy and simple and now we got this..Almost threw my controller at the tv cuz I was angry when I got hotd shipped and to find out it doesn't even work without all this trouble shooting.[/QUOTE]

Well the Wii was well thought out, but Sony move accessories were a tack on. But once you get it hooked up right, it works really well. Also thank god for YouTube and the people who take timeout to make those videos to help others.

that was a pain a pain in the ass but I got it to work much better. Tried dimmer lighting, no lighting and ground zero lighting but those didn't really make a difference. Aim was off and needed to calibrate after a moment or two. Tried some other crap but what worked was placing the ps eye on my dresser instead of on top of the tv. Also, I sat to play instead of standing. This seemed to fix the issue. I guess the previous set up had me standing closer to the tv but I guess I was just too far this time around. Anyways, I played thru 2 levels and hotd overkill is very nice. I'm going to say this is the most fun I had with the move since The Fight. The novelty for that game died pretty quick though. Probably going to jump on hotd 4 later on. Thanks for the input, guys.

bread's done
Back