GS steal of the week, 50$ extra credit on a 360/ps3 trade in, 3800 points.

Reraise

CAGiversary!
i know a few people missed this last time (me included).

Great time to take advantage of this right now. If you can find any uncharted bundles left, with the current 50$ off plus a free mk komplete/ b:ac deal going on, plus 30% bonus on ps3/360 trades this week (which im told will stack). Should be able to get a system with a few free games for almost nothing after trading.

all credit below goes to JP for managing the Gamestop trade in values and thread but I thought I would just throw this up here in case people were looking
::pS3::
Hardware
20 GB(Full Hardware BC with PS2 guts inside) - $85 (10/12/11)
40 GB(NO PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $70 (11/8/11)
60 GB(Full Hardware BC with PS2 guts inside)- $60 (4/1/12)
80 GB(NO PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $60 (11/19/11)
80 GB(Most Software BC w/ 4 USB) - $60 (3/26/12)
120 GB Slim PS3 - $80 (11/23/11)
160 GB (NO PS2 BC) - $70 (3/12/12)
160 GB Slim - $85 (11/23/11)
250 GB Slim - $85 (2/26/12)
320 GB Slim - $110 (10/12/11)

Hardware Refurb Deduction
20GB (Full Hardware BC w\ PS2 Guts Inside) - $40 (4/14/10)
40GB (No PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $40 (4/14/10)
60GB (Full Hardware BC w\ PS2 Guts Inside) - $25 (3/11/11)
80GB (No PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $65 (4/14/10)
80GB (Most software BC w\ 4 USB) - $25 (3/26/12)
120GB Slim - $90 (4/14/10)
160GB (No PS2 BC) - $60 (4/14/10)
250GB Slim -$100 (4/14/10)

::XBOX360::
Hardware
Core unit + wired controller - $35 (7/3/11)
Core unit + wireless controller - $45 (4/15/12)
Slim 4GB Console w/ wireless controller - $55 (11/25/11)
Slim 250GB Console w/ wireless controller - $100 (11/23/11)
Slim 320GB Console w/ wireless controller - $125 (1/7/12)
Hardware Refurb Deductions
Core unit + wired controller -$15 (1/9/11)
Core unit + wireless controller -$16 (1/28/12)

Thanks for those, it will help some.

Bear in mind they may not be completely accurate, for example:

I have a 60 gig bc ps3. Before i left work tonight (im a gs employee) i checked the value, system said 85$.

So factor in 30% on top plus the fifty and i should clear about 160$.

Uncharted bundle on sale for 250$. I have uncharted and batman, so trading those back at around 20 a piece means i could trade up to a 320 gig ps3 for around 50$

Fyi, a 360 elite wireless came out at around 130$ trade.

do they accept systems with broken warranty seals? my ps3 no longer reads discs and i'm wondering if i can get away with trading it in

Thanks for the trade in
ghbnjk
values OP.

[quote name='Mason202']do they accept systems with broken warranty seals? my ps3 no longer reads discs and i'm wondering if i can get away with trading it in[/QUOTE]

No harm in trying, but they usually check.

I don't see anywhere on the site about an additional 50 bucks for a hardware trade in. I have a Xbox core with wireless controller which should net me 95 after the $50 bucks. Is that right?

[quote name='thrasher086']I don't see anywhere on the site about an additional 50 bucks for a hardware trade in. I have a Xbox core with wireless controller which should net me 95 after the $50 bucks. Is that right?[/QUOTE]

It's not on the gamestop website. You need to be a Power Up Rewards member to claim the coupon for 3800 points.

Ugg... I really have to decide if I'm just going to get rid of my PS3. I don't use it at all. I just got U3 from Target, but I haven't even talked myself into playing through U1 and 2 (which are the only games I've even bothered to keep for my PS3)... Then again, if I trade it in, what good does $200 of credit at GS do for me, since I buy like 2 games a year? Decisions, decisions...

May trade in my fat PS3 for a new slim with a bigger hd. Can I redownload games bought on the PSN? What about the gift games from the network outage last year?

[quote name='nickerous']May trade in my fat PS3 for a new slim with a bigger hd. Can I redownload games bought on the PSN? What about the gift games from the network outage last year?[/QUOTE]

Yes to both, I believe.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth trading my 60GB BC Phat system for an Uncharted Bundle. I called GS and they confirmed the trade-in value is $85. With 30% and $50 PUR it would be $160 so my net upgrade cost would be about $102 with tax. I've had the Phat for 4.5 years with no problems at all. I don't use the BC or SACD capabilities either so it may be worth it. The 30% and $50 PUR will stack for sure? They couldn't confirm it for me.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Can anyone confirm that the 30% stacks? I need to be sure if I do this, my brother needs a new 360.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing before I truly consider this deal. I have both PS3 and 360 and I'm considering dumping my XBOX since I rarely play it.

i want to get the uncharted Ps3 system would i have to pay any money if i trade-in this stuff and the deals
250 Ps3 slim
uncharted 3

deals
50$ extra credit on a 360/ps3 trade in coupon
50$ off + free game
30% bonus on ps3/360 trades

Didnt gamestop had the $50 extra credit active last week too? And now they took it off and expect people to use their reward points to get it back? Way to go GS! No deal here!

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I can't really imagine that the 30% will stack after last round.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm afraid of, I desperately want to trade my 4gb Slim towards a Star Wars 360 but if the 30% doesn't stack it's not really worth it.

So what exactly is going on, will it stack? and whats the best deal we can get with a new game

( also new to trade in but do i need to give them my controller? )

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Didnt gamestop had the $50 extra credit active last week too? And now they took it off and expect people to use their reward points to get it back? Way to go GS! No deal here![/QUOTE]

Pretty much, GS steal of the week has been a joke these past few weeks.
"Buy pre-owned Medal of Honor for 7.99!" You just have to spent 3,xxx points!
Pft, rather just spend 4k points and get a blanket $5 off any pre-owned game.

I'm going to be going during my lunch break to trade in a fat white 360 I bought on ebay for $65 a few months back. I have my coupon printed and ready to go so I'll let you guys know once I get back if it stacked or not.

sorry its been awhile but where is the 50 coupon? and what does it mean 3800 points... sorry its been a LONG while was broke didnt want to look at this site hahaha.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I'm getting all excited for nothing.[/QUOTE]

You took the words out of my mouth. Dammit, I really should have acted last go around....

[quote name='benartmao']sorry its been awhile but where is the 50 coupon? and what does it mean 3800 points... sorry its been a LONG while was broke didnt want to look at this site hahaha.[/QUOTE]

The coupon is on the Power Up Rewards site. You get points for all your gamestop purchases.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']You took the words out of my mouth. Dammit, I really should have acted last go around....[/QUOTE]

And I already have Batman, MK complete, and Uncharted 3, so I was ready to trade in whichever of those I needed to also.

Just got back from Gamestop. Not sure exactly what happened but I got $75 as the base price for the original white 360 plus the $50 for the coupon for a total of $125. I think they might have raised their trade in values. Not bad especially when I got it for $65 a few months ago.

Found a gears of war 3 bundle at Target for $250 out the door therefore I:
Traded in my black 360 slim with no HD $130 with coupon, plus $4 for my $1 hdmi cable, $3 for wired headset. Sold the 320 hard drive for $70. Sold Gears of War 3 for $17. So I'm happy with this deal

I just called and they said $75 for a core fatty 360 with power cable/av and a wireless controller. Having a coworker do a trade in soon.

[quote name='gabolous']
Traded in my black 360 slim with no HD $130 with coupon[/QUOTE]

Wait, WHAT?! They raise the TIV for the 4gig Slim?

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Wait, WHAT?! They raise the TIV for the 4gig Slim?[/QUOTE]

It was a 250gb but I sold the 250 for the 320gb and just kept the hard drive before I traded it in. So idk how they figured it

[quote name='gabolous']It was a 250gb but I sold the 250 for the 320gb and just kept the hard drive before I traded it in. So idk how they figured it[/QUOTE]

Cheers, thanks for answering! I think I'll just haul my 4gig in and see what happens, the thing's completely worthless to me without an HDD.

[quote name='jmarano7836']does anyone know if the 10% extra for power-up pro also applies to the 30%? So would it be 40% on a used system?[/QUOTE]

I'm 90% sure that the 10% powerup pro will not apply to console trade ins. Only games and accessories. I've never traded a console at gamestop, but I'm 90% sure I've read this many times in previous threads.

Shit the sale is outside of the return period for my preordered NG3.

NG3 sucks. At least NGS2 sucked with girls in it. This didn't even have Rachel :(

I traded in my ps3 last month so I thought I would post just incase it would help anyone.
My model was 40GB probably of the first or second generation. The only tampering I have done with it would probably be a harddrive switch which i obviously switched back to the original when turning it in. My 40GB YLOD'd so I did the Hairdryer trick and turned in the ps3 for $100. They said the estimated value of my PS3 was 50$

[quote name='ahchamna']I traded in my ps3 last month so I thought I would post just incase it would help anyone.
My model was 40GB probably of the first or second generation. The only tampering I have done with it would probably be a harddrive switch which i obviously switched back to the original when turning it in. My 40GB YLOD'd so I did the Hairdryer trick and turned in the ps3 for $100. They said the estimated value of my PS3 was 50$[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Is there a trick for a busted blu-ray drive? I might be SOL.

Alright, so I traded in my 4gig Slim and a wireless controller and got a total of $130 store credit. This was with using the coupon.... so I think they stack? I can't really tell because all the receipt shows is Xbox slim + $50 promo = $130.

Regardless, I'm VERY happy with that amount.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Alright, so I traded in my 4gig Slim and a wireless controller and got a total of $130 store credit. This was with using the coupon.... so I think they stack? I can't really tell because all the receipt shows is Xbox slim + $50 promo = $130.

Regardless, I'm VERY happy with that amount.[/QUOTE]

Unless they upped the xbox 4gb slim TIV from $55 to $80 base.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Unless they upped the xbox 4gb slim TIV from $55 to $80 base.[/QUOTE]

Which is very possible, like I said my receipt doesn't have ANY of the breakdown it usually does when I trade stuff in.

bread's done
Back