Atelier Rorona/Totori 19.99 used 21.49 new 29.99 premium edition at gamestop

johnoralex

CAGiversary!
I was in local gamestop yesterday and I noticed that the price of atelier rorona and totori has dropped. As the title says it is 19.99 for used copies, 21.49 for new copies, and 29.99 for the special edition. Unfortunantly everything is sold out online, but you can check out which stores have this in stock from gamestops website.

Here is the link atelier rorona -

gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+rorona

here is the link for atelier totori -

gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+totori

Edit: links don't work and will not work, copy and paste in your browser. Thanks for the heads up whitereflection and wetrix!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never played an Atelier game before. Are they JRPGs or? I am interested in them, I just need to know more about the series first.

[quote name='johnoralex']I was in local gamestop yesterday and I noticed that the price of atelier rorona and totori has dropped. As the title says it is 19.99 for used copies, 21.49 for new copies, and 29.99 for the special edition. Unfortunantly everything is sold out online, but you can check out which stores have this in stock from gamestops website.

Here is the link atelier rorona -

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+rorona

here is the link for atelier totori -

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+totori[/QUOTE]

if i could of found them locally for 20 each probally would of grabbed them

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I have never played an Atelier game before. Are they JRPGs or? I am interested in them, I just need to know more about the series first.[/QUOTE]

They are both jrpg games from the same series with the final part of the trilogy coming out next month. Both of them have different main characters, but the take place in the same world. They are made by gust which is the same company that put out the ar tonelico series. They deal with alchemy and I think they are pretty fun. If you remotly like jrpgs I would give them a shot. At this price even if you don't like them you could sell them on ebay or amazon and cut a little profit.

Here are some reviews from rpgamer, they really liked both of them.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/atelier/ar/reviews/arstrev1.html
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/atelier/at/reviews/atstrev1.html

[quote name='whitereflection']Haha, yours don't work either.

It's the affiliate auto-parsing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had to copy-paste the links:

gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+rorona
gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+totori

3 Stores near me might have copies.. 2 have one, and 1 store has the other. Both stores are 10 minutes from my house, but are at complete opposite ends from each other xD.

30 minutes till work. This sucks.

[quote name='prettycrazy']3 Stores near me might have copies.. 2 have one, and 1 store has the other. Both stores are 10 minutes from my house, but are at complete opposite ends from each other xD.

30 minutes till work. This sucks.[/QUOTE]

This is like an SAT logic problem.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']This is like an SAT logic problem.[/QUOTE]

*looks at avatar*
You'd need an analrapist to make sense of it.

Anyway, at these prices I am curious about this series.

Man, I'm still on the fence about getting Totori. Meruru is coming out soon, I still haven't opened Rorona, and I still need to finish Xenoblade.

Picked up a gutted copy of Totori earlier today. I probably wouldn't have spotted it if it wasn't that weird $21.49 price point sticking out like a sore thumb.

[quote name='AteBit']That is a weird price for new, but I ain't complaining I shall call around and try to snag both.[/QUOTE]

Be forewarned that new isn't new. I called six gamestops when I heard about this drop a month ago, all were actually used.

[quote name='Byakurai']Man, I'm still on the fence about getting Totori. Meruru is coming out soon, I still haven't opened Rorona, and I still need to finish Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya. Since I own Rorona CE, I've been hunting a new copy of the Totori CE.

Bah, none near me.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Romeo']Are you sure the CE is exclusive, or just the shirt?[/QUOTE]

I want to know this as well.. they made it sound like the CE was exclusive but from that page, it looks like it's just the shirt.

[quote name='Byakurai']Man, I'm still on the fence about getting Totori. Meruru is coming out soon, I still haven't opened Rorona, and I still need to finish Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a favor and play Rorona but don't blast through it. If you are too low level to fight enemies it's almost impossible to get by assignment 10. Try to be around level 30 when you get there, which requires fighting a lot of enemies. This is a huge design flaw that required me to play through the game twice because I couldn't get passed assignment 10 my first try. It's not terribly long even with grinding and it's a great game I just wish someone would have told me this to begin with.

[quote name='Vinny']

I want to know this as well.. they made it sound like the CE was exclusive but from that page, it looks like it's just the shirt.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the special edition is only for the nis store. I did not see the special edition listed on amazon so I emailed them yesterday and here is my reply:

Hello John,
Thank you for contacting us.
The entire limited edition set for Atelier Meruru is exclusive to our online store.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Support Representative
NIS America, Inc.

[quote name='Vinny']Bah, none near me.:whistle2:(

I want to know this as well.. they made it sound like the CE was exclusive but from that page, it looks like it's just the shirt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='johnoralex']I can confirm that the special edition is only for the nis store. I did not see the special edition listed on amazon so I emailed them yesterday and here is my reply:

Hello John,
Thank you for contacting us.
The entire limited edition set for Atelier Meruru is exclusive to our online store.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Support Representative
NIS America, Inc.[/QUOTE]

Interesting john, that seems to be a first. Generally just trinkets have been exclusive, such as a shirt or poster.

[quote name='Romeo']Interesting john, that seems to be a first. Generally just trinkets have been exclusive, such as a shirt or poster.[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess I would say that they decided to do it this way because all of the regular edition copies of the game come with the artbook. Amazon, gamestop, and the nisa store all show the book coming with the regular edition of the game, so technically that makes the ost and shirt the exclusive parts of the game. I'm thinking about getting the special edition and selling the shirt on ebay because I wear a small and the shirt is only in large. I havn't decided if it is worth the hassle for just the soundtrack.

Not sure what was up with the In-store pickup feature, since I tried to reserve only Totori and all the confirmations said Rorona.
When I got to the 2 stores I reserved at, one had the SE of Totori waiting(sealed, woohoo) and the other had the SE of Rorona(which rang up 21.49 btw).

[quote name='Pookymeister']Not sure what was up with the In-store pickup feature, since I tried to reserve only Totori and all the confirmations said Rorona.
When I got to the 2 stores I reserved at, one had the SE of Totori waiting(sealed, woohoo) and the other had the SE of Rorona(which rang up 21.49 btw).[/QUOTE]

When you say "SE", do you mean "Standard Edition" or "Special Edition" (Premium Edition)? If the special edition of Rorona is ringing up at $21.49, I would definitely go pick it up.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']When you say "SE", do you mean "Standard Edition" or "Special Edition" (Premium Edition)? If the special edition of Rorona is ringing up at $21.49, I would definitely go pick it up.[/QUOTE]
That seems to be the case since the link mentions that it comes with an artbook and the cover it shows is the special edition.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Not sure what was up with the In-store pickup feature, since I tried to reserve only Totori and all the confirmations said Rorona.
When I got to the 2 stores I reserved at, one had the SE of Totori waiting(sealed, woohoo) and the other had the SE of Rorona(which rang up 21.49 btw).[/QUOTE]

When you say "SE", do you mean "Standard Edition" or "Special Edition" (Premium Edition)? If the special edition of Rorona is ringing up at $21.49, I would definitely go pick it up.

Edit: That is probably a stupid question...you likely most definitely just meant the standard edition.

[quote name='johnoralex']If I had to guess I would say that they decided to do it this way because all of the regular edition copies of the game come with the artbook. Amazon, gamestop, and the nisa store all show the book coming with the regular edition of the game, so technically that makes the ost and shirt the exclusive parts of the game. I'm thinking about getting the special edition and selling the shirt on ebay because I wear a small and the shirt is only in large. I havn't decided if it is worth the hassle for just the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Hm.. I don't really care for the OST but would like the artbook. Not sure I want to drop that much on it though.

I'm kicking myself for missing both Hyperdimensions (especially the second one) but at the same time, I can't imagine this being all that rare.

Heads up for anyone on the fence
2z9lm6r.jpg

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']When you say "SE", do you mean "Standard Edition" or "Special Edition" (Premium Edition)? If the special edition of Rorona is ringing up at $21.49, I would definitely go pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I meant "Special" ie. the big box with the art book. It was gutted, but I can deal with it for that price.

Receipt says Atelier Rorona Gamestop LE 270664 - $21.49

I noticed this last night and reserved the Atelier Totori Premium Edition. Went in today and picked it up. I was surprised to see the entire package was still sealed. I expected to get a gutted copy.

Idiots at local Gamestop gave me Atelier Totori instead of Rorona....gotta go back tommorrow for the switch...thanks for the heads up on the price drop.

have not seen a sealed copy of this game at any of the gamestops I've been too... I hate how they put the box on display!! grrrrrrr!

[quote name='shivan128']have not seen a sealed copy of this game at any of the gamestops I've been too... I hate how they put the box on display!! grrrrrrr![/QUOTE]

I agree it is the dumbest thing. I broke down and purchased totori this way because everything looked brand new. I hated doing it but I have a lot of gift cards from e-rewards. On another note those of you who found sealed copies of the special edition found a gold mine!

[quote name='killa5k7']Idiots at local Gamestop gave me Atelier Totori instead of Rorona....gotta go back tommorrow for the switch...thanks for the heads up on the price drop.[/QUOTE]The opposite happened to me, damn Lamestop. they didn't have any dang Totoris.

[quote name='kipz']Heads up for anyone on the fence
2z9lm6r.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's a perfect rendition of this generation of gamer. No Pew Pew = not even a shot which is unfortunate and depressing.

Which game is actually better: rorona or totori?
Better graphics? Gameplay?
And which artbook is better?
I'm new to the series.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Which game is actually better: rorona or totori?
Better graphics? Gameplay?
And which artbook is better?
I'm new to the series.[/QUOTE]

Totori would be your better choice if you were looking to just play one because it is part 2 and it has updated graphics and gameplay.

[quote name='johnoralex']Totori would be your better choice if you were looking to just play one because it is part 2 and it has updated graphics and gameplay.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I'll try to hunt down a sealed $30 Totori special ed. today rather than a rorona.

[quote name='redroversk']The opposite happened to me, damn Lamestop. they didn't have any dang Totoris.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious what would be waiting for me at the 3rd store i did in-store pickup for. All 3 stores I reserved the standard edition of totori and got emails that rorona was ready for pickup. One had the Premium Rorona(gutted) waiting and the other had the Premium Totori (sealed). I need to go to that shopping center tomorrow so maybe I will see if its still reserved and there.

I picked these up today and I paid 19.99 for a used collector's edition copy of Rorona, but the game was no where to be found so the employee handed me what I assume is a new and sealed copy of rorona unless it was traded in like that with the used box and artbook which looks never touched. I just got the used Totori whcih was 19.99 as I didn't feel the collector's edition was worth the extra $10....

If you play totori before rorona I heard that you will miss out on a lot of character stuff because totori references rorona, so you need to play rorona before totori.

bread's done
Back