Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack $49.99 with Coupon PS3/Xbox/Wii in-store

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Logged into my RWZ account and found this coupon.

$50 Off Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack. Regular price $99.99.

For a limited time, save $50 on the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack for Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii. In store only. Offer Valid through 4/29-5/12 Must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club Member.

Store Locator

Ps3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Xbox
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...geMode=searchmode&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Wii
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. I can confirm that this coupon showed up in my RZ account. Tempted to jump on the Skylanders wagon. But I know I'll easily get sucked in and spend more money trying to complete the collection. Just got to decide between PS3 and 360. Isn't the portal wireless for the PS3 and wired for the 360? Any other major differences?

If people actually want this they should buy it before SD and the CAG flippers get ahold of them all lucky it's a one time use coupon so it wont be abused as much.

I already have it but I might want to get it for the 3 packs. I can't tell from the picture what 3 packs are in it.

also, is the starter pack sealed by itself for gifting/reselling purposes?

[quote name='Atlantik00']What's the price after coupon?[/QUOTE]
$49.99 after coupon.

Pretty good deal, I was also thinking about jumping the skylanders bandwagon finally. Still debating.

Amazon price is ~ $58 for PS3/360 versions and Wii is $60. By the time I factor in Tax on the full price and gas its not much of a deal but thanks for the post.

Edit nevermind. That was the starter pack. Good deal :) good luck getting one. I still think I am going to pass because I have so many other games to play.

Don't do it. It's like a deal on a heroin addiction starter kit. Next thing you know, you'll be posting in stock threads just to buy and collect them all. Even attempting to adopt 11 year old kids to justify your habit. Only to have Skylanders 2, not compatible with 1 (most likely) to be announced at E3.

[quote name='Serpentor']Can anyone educate me why this toy looking thing is a good buy? Is it really that fun? $50 is still a lot of money...[/QUOTE]

If you have to think about it, and you think $50 is a lot of money, it's not for you. You're gonna spend a lot more over $50.

[quote name='Serpentor']Can anyone educate me why this toy looking thing is a good buy? Is it really that fun? $50 is still a lot of money...[/QUOTE]

Personally I don't get all the hubbub. The game is like those Lego games, i.e. it's certainly not terrible but it's really too simple for anyone older than eight. Then there's the toys themselves... I get that people like to collect things but these, I dunno, they just don't seem very collect-worthy to me. The design and art style of all the characters is like something from a generic saturday morning cartoon, it's not something IMO that screams "I need these on my shelf for everyone to see!"

Whatever the case, this is a great deal if you're interested in trying it. You can "scan" the toys while still keeping them in the packaging and then sell it when you're done and (I'd imagine) make your money back in full.

[quote name='confoosious']I already have it but I might want to get it for the 3 packs. I can't tell from the picture what 3 packs are in it.

also, is the starter pack sealed by itself for gifting/reselling purposes?[/QUOTE]

That's the pack I bought on Black Friday last year. It comes with the Pirate Seas pack and the 3-pack with Drobot, Flameslinger, and Bash. That starter pack was sealed if I remember correctly.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That's the pack I bought on Black Friday last year. It comes with the Pirate Seas pack and the 3-pack with Drobot, Flameslinger, and Bash. That starter pack was sealed if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Bah, I already have pirate seas. Was the adventure pack open too?

thanks for the info.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Is this how far Spyro has fallen? holy shit[/QUOTE]

Get the fuck outta here.

[quote name='confoosious']Bah, I already have pirate seas. Was the adventure pack open too?

thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. All the packs were sealed to my knowledge.

The power portals are not compatible between systems. The character action figures are. I have 7 year old twin sons and this game is pretty epic and insanely fun for them. We have about 20 of the characters, so, yeah, it's a $200 game...and NO, it's not that good a game, I'm a CAG after all......but kudos to Activision, they got way more of my dough than I would have ever thought possible.

That said, Skylanders 2 BETTER be compatible with the portal and action figures....of course I''m sure to get nailed for $40 for the Sklyanders2 game plus another $100 for 10-12 new characters....if they make it 100% incompatible, Activision wil get $0 from me.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Get the fuck outta here.

Don't think so. All the packs were sealed to my knowledge.[/QUOTE]

I can't blame universal, though. They can't make a good game worth a shit so they used the only tool available to them: marketing. And it worked.

Collecting stuff is neat, I suppose, but there's no way all of these figures provide more utility than other games.

And I'd like to avoid BBY ;x

[quote name='LordVox']Skylanders 2 BETTER be compatible with the portal and action figures....of course I''m sure to get nailed for $40 for the Sklyanders2 game plus another $100 for 10-12 new characters....if they make it 100% incompatible, Activision wil get $0 from me.[/QUOTE]

Activision stated that the portal and characters will be backwards compatible with Giants. Whether or not the abilities and level cap will change is still TBA.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']I can't blame universal, though. They can't make a good game worth a shit so they used the only tool available to them: marketing. And it worked.
[/QUOTE]

Played it yet? Of course you haven't. Yes the marketing has worked but there is actually a good game underneath it all.

Oh and it's Activision's game, btw. Maybe you should play the game and get the facts right before you waste your time trolling (like you did with Rayman Origins). Yes, I remember you. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the response guys, appreciated. I still find it funny that you can scan the characters from the pack without opening it (to register it in the game I assume?). One last question, does this game have local co-op mode? Thanks again.

[quote name='Serpentor']Thanks for the response guys, appreciated. I still find it funny that you can scan the characters from the pack without opening it (to register it in the game I assume?). One last question, does this game have local co-op mode? Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Yes it has local co-op.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Activision stated that the portal and characters will be backwards compatible with Giants. Whether or not the abilities and level cap will change is still TBA.

Played it yet? Of course you haven't. Yes the marketing has worked but there is actually a good game underneath it all.

Oh and it's Activision's game, btw. Maybe you should play the game and get the facts right before you waste your time trolling (like you did with Rayman Origins). Yes, I remember you. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I didn't troll Rayman Origins. I bought the game and loved it. Always been a fan of Rayman. I just didn't like that it didn't have online co op. so what? That's trolling? It doesn't matter who owns the franchise now as long as it isn't insomniac. I think it's funny that someone like you who is so opposed to modern gaming likes this game which is the epitome of modern gaming. Whatever.

[quote name='Serpentor']Thanks for the response guys, appreciated. I still find it funny that you can scan the characters from the pack without opening it (to register it in the game I assume?). One last question, does this game have local co-op mode? Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

No online co-op which is unfortunate, but I can imagine it getting annoying when the person you're playing with online switches Skylanders and halts the game without you knowing. So maybe it's better without.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']someone like you who is so opposed to modern gaming likes this game which is the epitome of modern gaming. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

I said that? Go quote that I said I was opposed to modern gaming. I said that not all games have to have online multiplayer which is what your point was. Totally the same thing though.

You can scan a character to use later? So you dont have to actually have the physical character when you want to use it? If this is true, then I would get this to share between a few different friends who have kids and already have a bunch of other characters.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']do any stores accept trade ins or sell used figures?[/QUOTE]

GameStop takes them for trade in. Well at least my local store does.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']do any stores accept trade ins or sell used figures?[/QUOTE]

Only GameStop. And they probably won't give you much for them.

gamestop sells used, not sure what they offer for used trade in?

Anyone know if the Volcano thing Best Buy has is over? I might finally jump on Skylanders now.

EDIT: god dammit this is a really good deal if you can trade-in the skylander figures themselves. AHHH.

i don't have any to trade in, but I bet if I wait long enough I could land the complete set for around $50 give or take whatever "rare" ones.

Assuming they take $24 for the figures since there's 6 in the pack, at Gamestop, you still can scan them first right? How does that work? Gah, really want to get this. lol Thanks, OP. Is it too late to get Volcanic Vault over at Bestbuy?

[quote name='nakanenui']You can scan a character to use later? So you dont have to actually have the physical character when you want to use it? If this is true, then I would get this to share between a few different friends who have kids and already have a bunch of other characters.[/QUOTE]

You can't do this. The adventure packs, yes. The characters, no.

I remember how fast these bundles were selling out around christmas time. I think Whirlwind was quite valuable for some time. I think it was fetching over $100 on ebay. Anyways, this is a great deal. I'll definitely pass because I don't want to get hooked collecting the figures. Thanks again OP.

[quote name='karyadi']Assuming they take $24 for the figures since there's 6 in the pack, at Gamestop, you still can scan them first right? How does that work? Gah, really want to get this. lol Thanks, OP. Is it too late to get Volcanic Vault over at Bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

I believe so, if the stores still have them in stock, that is.

[quote name='GBAstar']beanie babies circa 2012. pass.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Why do people have to say stupid shit just because they aren't interested in a game. Just stfu and leave well enough alone.

[quote name='iamsmart']Personally I don't get all the hubbub. The game is like those Lego games, i.e. it's certainly not terrible but it's really too simple for anyone older than eight. Then there's the toys themselves... I get that people like to collect things but these, I dunno, they just don't seem very collect-worthy to me. The design and art style of all the characters is like something from a generic saturday morning cartoon, it's not something IMO that screams "I need these on my shelf for everyone to see!"

Whatever the case, this is a great deal if you're interested in trying it. You can "scan" the toys while still keeping them in the packaging and then sell it when you're done and (I'd imagine) make your money back in full.[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree. Now if they did some sort of mature rpg game with collectable figures that would be pretty cool

[quote name='bringerofdeath']yeah i agree. Now if they did some sort of mature rpg game with collectable figures that would be pretty cool[/QUOTE]

I bought it used. I intend to play through whatever they let you use Spyro for, and not do much else. Don't know if I'll ever buy a figure for it, but i'm a sucker for Spyro games.

bread's done
Back