Best Buy: Dead Rising Off the Record 10$ in store YMMV

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy in South Austin (by Slaughter) and they have a slew of Dead Rising Off the Record with a * tag on them. Asked what it meant, they said it was 50% off. It was priced at 20$, so I picked up two copies at 10$ a piece. No idea if it is just the store clearance, but it is a good deal

store 50% clearance selection is ymmv. the stickered/tagged games are usually on a table. my store had ea mma, dungeon siege 3, nier, da:awakening and other games, but nothing recent like dr:eek:tr. great find

I saw this for $17 used at GameStop and thought that was cheap (considering it came out... what, 6 months ago?) but this is even better! Course it's probably YMMV.

sheesh.. all you doubters..

DSC_0258.jpg

They probably had like 30 in stock. The price was listed at 30$ in the front of the store, but listed 20$ on the rack.. and rang up at 20$ before the discount. They also had Dungeon Siege and a few others in stock, but didnt care after seeing DR2:OTR

I love when BB's start putting out these YMMV stickered clearance sales. Probably 3 years ago one of my closest BB's had a 6/$30 sale; any game with a red sticker was included, and you had to buy them in sets of six to get the price (good way to move inventory in bulk, I guess).

My buddy and I would check in once or twice a week to see what new games were added. Over the course of about two months we had so many epic hauls, including CE's and bundles, such as BlazBlue CE, BiA: HH CE, Eye of Judgment bundle (with the camera), tons of the PS3 Singstar bundles, DA:O CE, and so many more, all for $5/ea!

Also got TONS of games to use as trade fodder to GS, BBV, etc.. when they were having trade promo's. At one point I had well over $1000 trade in credit at a local Hasting's store that was having a trade 3 for extra $20 promo.

When we got sick of spending credit at Hasting's, we would do our equivalent of the modern day BB credit>Kindle card transfer, and go shopping at the gift card rack: iTunes or XBL cards and GC's for almost any store or restaurant you could imagine; heck, they even had GC's for Southwest Airlines....good times. :)

Thanks, OP; I will definitely be checking some BB's in the near future, if others report finding sales at their's.

Considering this is a game from Capcom, how much you wanna bet they'll make a Dead Rising 2 Complete Edition in another couple months that includes the original DR2 game and this OTR one?:lol:

Don't get me wrong. I bought both DR2 and DR2: OTR(PM'd Amazon or something at BB for it). But DR2 gets annoyingly hard a bit later in the game when they introduce 'super zombies' that you can't kill and should just run away from and OTR is more of the same for the most part and repetitive as hell even on the free mode version.

Definitely gonna check tomorrow, though my stores rarely ever have clearances or anything decent. (Last good thing i found on clearance was probably Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2 during last summer, or the time they had those Guitar Hero bundles for 9.99)

I live just a stones throw away from that best buy in southpark meadows, but I already grabbed OTR when it was 20. What else was on clearance over there?

Im going to check this out today. I wanted to try one of the Dead Rising games and $10 is a good price for any!

Tried local BB. $30 for the DR game and I didnt see anything below 19.99 any where (for video games) sans pre-owned. But even those seemed over priced. Batman AC pre-owned was $45 0_o

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fyrflash1969']Just got back from Best Buy in South Austin (by Slaughter) and they have a slew of Dead Rising Off the Record with a * tag on them. Asked what it meant, they said it was 50% off. It was priced at 20$, so I picked up two copies at 10$ a piece. No idea if it is just the store clearance, but it is a good deal[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JoshTX']I live just a stones throw away from that best buy in southpark meadows, but I already grabbed OTR when it was 20. What else was on clearance over there?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LemonJelllo']Yay! Fellow Austin CAGs :D

Nice find OP![/QUOTE]

So y'all are the reason I can't find anything in South Austin. / j/k
Were there any copies left at the SPM store?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering this is a game from Capcom, how much you wanna bet they'll make a Dead Rising 2 Complete Edition in another couple months that includes the original DR2 game and this OTR one?:lol:

Don't get me wrong. I bought both DR2 and DR2: OTR(PM'd Amazon or something at BB for it). But DR2 gets annoyingly hard a bit later in the game when they introduce 'super zombies' that you can't kill and should just run away from and OTR is more of the same for the most part and repetitive as hell even on the free mode version.[/QUOTE]

You can kill those "special zombies" just as easily as a regular one. And they won't release any complete versions.

Dead Rising = best IP this generation, just waiting for my DR3 announcement

[quote name='nnthomas']You can kill those "special zombies" just as easily as a regular one. And they won't release any complete versions.

Dead Rising = best IP this generation, just waiting for my DR3 announcement[/QUOTE]
When I originally played through part of Dead Rising 2, I wasn't even bothering to level up my character. But later on I found out it made it a bit easier, so I started trying to do so on my old game. Chances are I'm just gonna go back through from the start and mess around with maxing them out.

But before I do that I'm gonna finish playing Dead Island.;)

Went to the local BB today....they had the game in stock just not on a clerance table ora nything of the sort. On the shelf it said $29.99 and when I had them price check it showed as $19.99.

I attempted a PM of the receipt another CAG posted but no luck. The employee said that usually BB does company wide clearance not just individual stores so he found it odd it had been sold at that price.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']Went to the local BB today....they had the game in stock just not on a clerance table ora nything of the sort. On the shelf it said $29.99 and when I had them price check it showed as $19.99.

I attempted a PM of the receipt another CAG posted but no luck. The employee said that usually BB does company wide clearance not just individual stores so he found it odd it had been sold at that price.[/QUOTE]

As someone else stated this is probably a manager's special not a company wide clearance. Either way this is pretty decent for that price.

[quote name='Draknight']As someone else stated this is probably a manager's special not a company wide clearance. Either way this is pretty decent for that price.[/QUOTE]

I agree $20 is a fair price for the game new but knowing others are getting it for $10.....I'm not gonna pay $20.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']I agree $20 is a fair price for the game new but knowing others are getting it for $10.....I'm not gonna pay $20.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I thought about it new now that it is 20... but don't feel like it anymore.

Gee I wonder why. Tried today, but no luck in NYC.

Good to see fellow Austin CAGs here! Finally a deal that wouldn't be so "YMMV" for me, too bad that Best Buy is about 40 minutes away, no way I'm going to waste gas all the way over there just for $10 savings.

I did go to the BB next to South I-35, but no luck there.

[quote name='xsdeal']So y'all are the reason I can't find anything in South Austin. / j/k
Were there any copies left at the SPM store?[/QUOTE]

They had at least 30 copies last night.. took up a few rows on the shelf, then they had more copies at the front of the store.

[quote name='eXiON']Good to see fellow Austin CAGs here! Finally a deal that wouldn't be so "YMMV" for me, too bad that Best Buy is about 40 minutes away, no way I'm going to waste gas all the way over there just for $10 savings.

I did go to the BB next to South I-35, but no luck there.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. seeing other CAGs in Houston make me grimace. Means hunting just got that much more serious. :p

[quote name='GUNNM']^ From SA, TX and I couldn't agree more[/QUOTE]

Was at BB 410 earlier and didn't see this fyi.

[quote name='jbcampb1']Was at BB 410 earlier and didn't see this fyi.[/QUOTE]

Which one? There are two on 410, nothing at the one at The Rim.

[quote name='GUNNM']^ From SA, TX and I couldn't agree more[/QUOTE]

I rarely find deals out in the open unless I hear about them day 1 SA has too many people that love bargains and so many CL resellers as well.

You all realize you can just call the store and ask if its in stock and if its being discounted.. or at the very least, you can go to the website and look at the store availability. I think some people are just looking for an excuse to go to Best Buy.

Just checked at the Joplin, MO Best Buy. No go. Was marked $19.99. Had them scan it as well. Showed him the picture of the reciept. Still no luck. Was there anyway picking up by copy of Battlefield 3.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']You all realize you can just call the store and ask if its in stock and if its being discounted.. or at the very least, you can go to the website and look at the store availability. I think some people are just looking for an excuse to go to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Don't judge us! :whistle2:#

I agree with you though....I think people do use sales for excuses to shop.

I was in the area today though about a mile away at Sam's Club....so I didn't go out of my way.

Just went to the Best Buy in North Haven, CT. Instead of DR OTR, they had a couple other games 50-60% off the current price. I saw BF:BC2, Band Hero, DJ Hero 2, Dragon Age Origins, and MySims Sky Heroes off the top of my head. All for PS3. There were a few others, but nothing particularly amazing.

I'm not particularly bothered by all these CAGs in ATX. Sure, if supplies were extremely limited on something, I might miss out, but in cases like this, I wouldn't have been aware of the deal unless informed by a local CAG.

bread's done
Back