- - - - -

Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

#5521 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

HOw much do you want for those bro??lol

And yes i would suggest you buy one. 40 bucks is a steal and sell them on CL if you change your mind

I still have four unopened kicker 12's to sell on craigslist.

Wondering if I should buy one of these Pioneers for my solo box in my car.

#5522 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6226 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

LOL people still do the subs in cars??

#5523 fatboy1111   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

fatboy1111

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

grabbed 2 of the speakers, 2 seperste orders just for the heck of it, cant beat that deal, thanks

#5524 Camre   Duke of Earl CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Gotta blast them ghettos yo!

#5525 MykonosFan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

MykonosFan

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Kid Icarus arrived today. Copy came with stand but outer paper box is a bit smashy. Should I be complaining?

Mine had a few creases here and there too. Nothing too noticeable thankfully.

What got me was the stickers keeping the box shut on either side. I have never been able to peel those circle-shaped bastards off without taking some of the box art with me and this time was no exception. It's mostly on the sides and back so it didn't take away from that awesome cover art, but it's still bothersome because I found it to be quite the appealing box.

For 15 though I really can't complain much.

#5526 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4589 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

So for anyone on the fence about the zune, I'd like to point out it works well with the xbox. I use mine to play music (mainly podcasts) while playing my beloved Catan.

Edited by stoned99, 13 September 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#5527 edson13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1478 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

So for anyone on the fence about the zune, I'd like to point out it works with the xbox (unlike all Apple products). I use mine to play music (mainly podcasts) while playing my beloved Catan.

I used my ipod with my xbox all the time. Havent played any soundtrack game in awhile, have things changed?

#5528 KryllFood   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

KryllFood

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I laugh a bit on the inside whenever I see / hear someone roll by with the bass like that. It just screams "poor decision in 2000". The same goes for the ricer-mobiles. People rolling with really crummy plastic looking body kits on an old Japanese car like a 92 civic or accord.

#5529 K1NG J0RDAN   I Am The One Who KNOCKS! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

K1NG J0RDAN

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

I laugh a bit on the inside whenever I see / hear someone roll by with the bass like that. It just screams "poor decision in 2000". The same goes for the ricer-mobiles. People rolling with really crummy plastic looking body kits on an old Japanese car like a 92 civic or accord.

Subs make music more enjoyable in my opinion. Stuff you otherwise wouldn't hear very well in some music, you can hear with subs...

#5530 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6880 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I have a couple of subs I got for my truck last year, I don't turn them up full blast by any means. I invested about 1k in a new sound system, speakers, a sub and 2 amps, did a little shopping around...gives music a nice clean sound and the bass is great.

#5531 Bmvc1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Just because you have subs, does not mean you drive around like a douche with the volume at max.

#5532 dark_inchworm   Oyasuminasai CAGiversary!   1498 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

dark_inchworm

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm getting a bit old for it maybe, but I'd love to put a system in my van :p Sadly I'm not really savvy on what brands are hot and what prices are good. And I'm pretty damned sure I couldn't set it up on my own, at least not without hours of frustration.

#5533 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

So for anyone on the fence about the zune, I'd like to point out it works well with the xbox. I use mine to play music (mainly podcasts) while playing my beloved Catan.

So for anyone on the fence about the Zune, I'd like to point out that Microsoft discontinued it.

Now that I got that out of my system, I'm pretty sure any remotely decent MP3 player can be played through a 360.

#5534 K1NG J0RDAN   I Am The One Who KNOCKS! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

K1NG J0RDAN

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Just because you have subs, does not mean you drive around like a douche with the volume at max.

This.:applause:

#5535 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21406 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

Kid Icarus arrived today. Copy came with stand but outer paper box is a bit smashy. Should I be complaining?

Mine came today, a bit late. I was happy to see the outer cardboard box was in pristine condition... because I like for all cardboard I throw in the recycling bin to be in pristine condition.

#5536 Calipso   Der Metzgermeister CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

HOw much do you want for those bro??lol

And yes i would suggest you buy one. 40 bucks is a steal and sell them on CL if you change your mind

I've had them on CL for a long time. People offering $40 for two or $20 for one. F'n people think it's a yard sale. I understand the kickers I have aren't top tier, but I think I'm pricing them well:

http://boston.craigs...3254656142.html

People suck. I also have a dual ported box brand new selling for $70. I sold two of the same last year without issue, just can't get rid of this one.

#5537 Calipso   Der Metzgermeister CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Listening to music from any genre sounds good on a decent sub set up.

:roll: to all people in the thread that think subs = ghetto.

#5538 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4589 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

So for anyone on the fence about the Zune, I'd like to point out that Microsoft discontinued it.

Now that I got that out of my system, I'm pretty sure any remotely decent MP3 player can be played through a 360.

For the uninformed many MP3 players don't work, you'll find many a thread like this one.

http://forums.xbox.c...59/1587499.aspx. The OMU update only supports unprotected AAC files http://marketplace.x...bc-56f951377aff

The Zune allows you to use the zune pass for instance.

I have had problems in the past getting my itouch and iphone to register on my xbox. I'm willing to concede that I have not tried today, so things may be better, but the zune works seamlessly, and allows me to play music behind the game I'm playing. When it comes to discontinued, that's probably true of just about every electronic device over a year old. The zune software is still available, and zune pass has not been discontinued. A 70$ high quality MP3 player is not a bad deal. Especially considering it plays games, has wifi, radio and movies look awesome on it.

#5539 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4589 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

Another article to confirm what I thought !!

http://forums.xbox.c...0/t/334109.aspx

But this app lets you use your iphone, ipad as a dlna server. Sweet.

http://itunes.apple....d409782234?mt=8

#5540 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6226 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Listening to music from any genre sounds good on a decent sub set up.

:roll: to all people in the thread that think subs = ghetto.

I grew up in the Ghetto and damn near everything there had subs on it...

#5541 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

For the uninformed many MP3 players don't work, you'll find many a thread like this one.

http://forums.xbox.c...59/1587499.aspx. The OMU update only supports unprotected AAC files http://marketplace.x...bc-56f951377aff

The Zune allows you to use the zune pass for instance.

I have had problems in the past getting my itouch and iphone to register on my xbox. I'm willing to concede that I have not tried today, so things may be better, but the zune works seamlessly, and allows me to play music behind the game I'm playing. When it comes to discontinued, that's probably true of just about every electronic device over a year old. The zune software is still available, and zune pass has not been discontinued. A 70$ high quality MP3 player is not a bad deal. Especially considering it plays games, has wifi, radio and movies look awesome on it.

Read through those links you posted. From what I read, it's a software problem that doesn't allow certain MP3 players to be used through the 360, not hardware. Newer Apple products specifically can't be used because of the iOS always partially running. I had an extremely old iPod (2nd or 3rd Gen.) that played on my 360 no problem a couple years ago.

And I'm not arguing that the Zune is not a decent MP3 player, because it is. But the simple fact is Microsoft discontinued it and have told Zune users to adopt the Windows Phone instead. I personally would not want to buy a product that I'm sure will be COMPLETELY phased out and have it's support dropped in a couple years.

#5542 liquidussnakeus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

liquidussnakeus

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Is there any word regarding next week DOTD?

#5543 forced2change   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

forced2change

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

I don't know about next week but if you sign up for Deal of the Day emails, you get 100 Reward Points added to your account. Just sign in to Best Buy Reward Zone and look under Offers and Promotions. Then click the, "Save up to 50% Plus Get 100 Bonus Points" offer. I did this last night but my points are not showing yet. If they don't show, I will be sure to let customer service know ;).

Saw this on dealnews.com and sorry if it has already been posted on CAG - did not see it though.

#5544 GodSmackedMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

GodSmackedMe

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

I don't know about next week but if you sign up for Deal of the Day emails, you get 100 Reward Points added to your account. Just sign in to Best Buy Reward Zone and look under Offers and Promotions. Then click the, "Save up to 50% Plus Get 100 Bonus Points" offer. I did this last night but my points are not showing yet. If they don't show, I will be sure to let customer service know ;).

Saw this on dealnews.com and sorry if it has already been posted on CAG - did not see it though.

I noticed this just a couple days ago and have been trying since then but it won't work. once I click through to the page where it says enter your Member ID and email, the submit button does nothing. hitting enter while still in the text box does nothing. it let me unsubscribe though. too bad I've never subscribed to it in the first place. same thing on the wife and kids account.

#5545 GtoTheNextLevel  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

I shall find out today. They usually post them on our toolkit on Saturdays.

#5546 forced2change   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

forced2change

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I noticed this just a couple days ago and have been trying since then but it won't work. once I click through to the page where it says enter your Member ID and email, the submit button does nothing. hitting enter while still in the text box does nothing. it let me unsubscribe though. too bad I've never subscribed to it in the first place. same thing on the wife and kids account.

Yeah, I had a similar experience. However, I did receive an email saying, "Thanks for signing up...". So I am hoping that is enough evidence to say, "GIVE ME MY POINTS!" :lol:

#5547 BrokeAssFool   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

BrokeAssFool

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

I had the same issue in Chrome, went to Firefox and it worked fine. No points yet though either.

#5548 GodSmackedMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

GodSmackedMe

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

E-mail address and Reward Zone Member Id accepted!

Finally lol. Yea, was just wondering if it might be Chrome, so I just tried it on my phone. Submit button still didn't work, but hitting enter while I was in the member id text box worked.

#5549 jiggyteddy   Frugal As Can Be CAGiversary!   1958 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

jiggyteddy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Interesting... I don't see this anywhere.

#5550 GodSmackedMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

GodSmackedMe

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Page 2 of the offers