Persona 4 : Golden Fall 2012

jello44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
eWLDY.jpg

Amazon Pre-order link

http://www.amazon.com/Persona-4-Gol..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1336226708&sr=1-2

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This is probably just a mistake, but... GIMME 360 PORT.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it is.

Update: It seems a typo on the game's teaser site was leading some fans to think the game was also bound for PS3/Xbox 360 and/or Kinect. That is NOT the case, according to Atlus PR Manager Aram Jabbari. "Silliness," he called it.

So you gotta grin it and bear it as you go and buy your Vita, biatch! :D

[quote name='jello44']Yup, it is.

Update: It seems a typo on the game's teaser site was leading some fans to think the game was also bound for PS3/Xbox 360 and/or Kinect. That is NOT the case, according to Atlus PR Manager Aram Jabbari. "Silliness," he called it.

So you gotta grin it and bear it as you go and buy your Vita, biatch! :D[/QUOTE]

"Silliness". Ugh. God forbid that a good turn based JRPG would come out for anything but the damn psp/vita. Guess I will be forced to get one of them eventually if I want to keep playing them.

Nice, I'm about to start Persona 3 on psp. Do these games follow an overarching story line or do they have their own independent stories ? I ask because I'm eyeing Persona 2 also.

They're independent stories. I know P3 & 4 take place inthe same universe with a few mentions of p3 during p4's story, but thats about it.

Who's the new character?

[quote name='twiceborn']Nice, I'm about to start Persona 3 on psp. Do these games follow an overarching story line or do they have their own independent stories ? I ask because I'm eyeing Persona 2 also.[/QUOTE]

2 is a direct sequel of the first one.

And ditto what raiden said.

[quote name='raiden_86']

Who's the new character?[/QUOTE]

Marie, but she just appears as a new social link (Aeon Arcana, like Aegis was added as a SL in FES), she's not a playable character though.

[quote name='jello44']So you gotta grin it and bear it as you go and buy your Vita, biatch! :D[/QUOTE]
Argh. I really don't want a Vita. But I really do want this game. Isn't that always the way.

Marie isn't a playable character though? That's kind of disappointing. Oh well, guess I'll stick with my dream team of Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji.

I hear persona can have some major grinding but haven't played one. Anyone give an estimate of playthrough time? Say, main story and some of the side quests but not a run through and not a 100% playthrough

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently playing P4 for the first time and I'm 45 hours in at what I think is the 3/4 mark.
Just rescued Naoto.
Very fun game. As for the grinding, you have to spend time leveling up & earning cash about once per dungeon.

I loved playing both Persona 3 and 4 on the PS2. I will have to pick up a vita after E3 to play P3P and this when it comes out! Really excited!

I really hope nothing is left out the Vita version compared to the PS2 version.

I heard that the PS2 version, Persona 3: FES has some content not available on the PSP version, Persona 3 Portable.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I really hope nothing is left out the Vita version compared to the PS2 version.

I heard that the PS2 version, Persona 3: FES has some content not available on the PSP version, Persona 3 Portable.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. The psp was less powerful than ps2, that is why the game had less. The Vita doesn't have that problem.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I really hope nothing is left out the Vita version compared to the PS2 version.

I heard that the PS2 version, Persona 3: FES has some content not available on the PSP version, Persona 3 Portable.[/QUOTE]

From my recollection, the only thing missing from FES on the PSP version of P3 is The Answer and them having to use the "visual novel" style of the game when interacting with the other characters for SLs. It's nothing like that at all on the Vita, everything from the PS2 version is in there and more.

[quote name='jello44']From my recollection, the only thing missing from FES on the PSP version of P3 is The Answer and them having to use the "visual novel" style of the game when interacting with the other characters for SLs. It's nothing like that at all on the Vita, everything from the PS2 version is in there and more.[/QUOTE]

I have both FES and P3P what version should I play first?

[quote name='jello44']From my recollection, the only thing missing from FES on the PSP version of P3 is The Answer and them having to use the "visual novel" style of the game when interacting with the other characters for SLs. It's nothing like that at all on the Vita, everything from the PS2 version is in there and more.[/QUOTE]

From all the previews I've read theres a lot more in there. Scooters...haha! Stoked.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']I can't wait for this game.

But I'd rather have Person 5 instead. :([/QUOTE]

It's confirmed as being in development, an announcement would be made at TGS first.

[quote name='raiden_86']Anyone getting Persona 4 Arena?[/QUOTE]

I AM!!!!!!!!!!

I hope its more like guilty gear and less like blaze blue though

[quote name='MasaTFC']I AM!!!!!!!!!!

I hope its more like guilty gear and less like blaze blue though[/QUOTE]

I haven't really played a fighting game since Guilty Gear 2 so I'm right there with ya. It's gonna be fun getting back into 2D brawling,

[quote name='raiden_86']Anyone getting Persona 4 Arena?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I already have that and Golden paid off with credit.

I am a weak whore.

10/31 would be a placeholder. 10/23 could be a legit release date, though I see four games scheduled to come out that day that would probably lead to some adjustments.

I find the visual novel style quite refreshing in an rpg. It streamlines the gameplay and makes playing it in short bursts much better.

Btw, P3 is awesome. I got P4 pre-ordered because of it.

[quote name='twiceborn']Btw, P3 is awesome. I got P4 pre-ordered because of it.[/QUOTE]
P3 is fantastic, but P4 leaves it in the dust, seriously! It's a major improvement on a game that already seemed near-perfect.

Looks like 10/30 is the release date? It's on the Amazon website and a Gamestop employee told me the same thing when I went there today.

[quote name='TheHelix']Looks like 10/30 is the release date? It's on the Amazon website and a Gamestop employee told me the same thing when I went there today.[/QUOTE]

i would expect around a halloween release

Oh Rise-chan, how I love thee. I'm picking up a Vita next week for Uncharted and Gravity Rush, but also Ragnarok Odyssey in August and when P4G comes out. Loved P4 back on the PS2, so getting the port for Vita is a no brainer. *did the same thing for Tales of the Abyss*

Also, I'm gonna grab Persona 4 Arena when it comes out.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I think I'm gonna. Just need to trade in enough stuff before then to justify the expense. :)[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. Thank you various trade in bonuses at Best Buy.

I know this isn't the buy, sell trading forum..but I ordered the Persona4 Official Accessory Pack and I hit 2 instead of 1 by accident and I have a extra unopened. If your interested send me a message.

bread's done
Back