Skylanders Ultimate bundle with Crystal Cynder!

setix

CAG Veteran
Just found this on gamestop while looking at the Skylanders figures.

It comes with a Crystal version of Cynder, which is pretty rare. The bundle is $299.99

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-ultimate-bundle/101868

Skylanders Starter Pack for the Nintendo Wii

3 Adventure Packs Included - Each Adventure Pack includes an exclusive Skylander, 1-Location Piece and 2-Magic Items.
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack - Darklight Crypt
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack - Pirate Seas
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack - Empire of Ice

Special Edition: Skylanders Crystal Cynder Character

Characters Included:
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure 3 Character Pack: Prism Break, Boomer & Voodood
Skylanders Zap Character
Skylanders Eruptor Character
Skylanders Wrecking Ball Character
Skylanders Dino-Rang Character
Skylanders Sonic Boom Character
Skylanders Stump Smash Character
Skylanders Drobot Character
Skylanders Bash Character
Skylanders Chop Chop Character
Skylanders Flameslinger Character
Skylanders Stealth Elf Character
Skylanders Double Trouble Character
Skylanders Drill Sergeant Character
Skylanders Whirlwind Character

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Official Strategy Guide

Hmm, Maybe if it contained every character available...still doesn't seem like the best way to get it all...considering the starter pack can be found quite cheaply if you go the Bestbuy route.

Well considering each adventure pack is $20 a piece
a Starter Pack is about $60 (you can probably find it cheaper although this mega pack is for wii)
and each figure is about $10 a piece. (you can buy those 3 character packs for cheaper)
That is what $260? + tax of course
You are essentially paying $40 for the Crystal Cynder Character and the Strategy guide...and the convenience of not collecting them individually I guess?

Well if you can sell the Crystal Cynder for $100+, you can sell the rest and make a few bucks. Probably not worth it though.

Also GS10 and 50SHIP do not work with it.

[quote name='karyadi']Can you get this in-store? That's my only complaint.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it right now since they don't have a [Want it in a hurry] option to check in-store stock. Possibly in the near future?

Would definitely love to get my hands on that Cynder, but thats about all that catches my eye with this, as I own most of what is included.

Though it is nice to see a large bundle like this available for those just starting out, I got most of the enjoyment from tracking the figures down on my own when they were scarce. Not so much anymore that they finally caught up with the demand.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']The bundle should have included all the characters. Not really a good deal imo.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='karyadi']lol[/QUOTE]

Its true isn't it... if i didnt have any skylander purchase yet and was to buy an "ultimate bundle", id rather have the complete set of characters all at once. The bundle is missing the dragon's peak adventure pack and the 2 latest 3 packs which are still hard to find at this moment.

This bundle is definitely aimed at collectors (Crystal Cynder's inclusion) and the people who are on the fence about Skylanders, but have already did the research. Anyone else likely would've went into sticker shock.

I think it's a pretty good deal, but I'm already sold on Skylanders, so I'm not exactly unbiased. What I can tell you is what you're still missing from a complete set...if you're into that sort of thing and that at minimum, if you do want everything, you're probably gonna spend around another $160-$200:

Missing to complete full set:

Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack (comes w/Sunburn)

*Ignitor (also available in the 3DS starter pack)
Hex
*Camo
*Regular Cynder (will be no different in game to Crystal Cynder)
*Warnado
Wham-Shell
*Zook
*Lightning Rod

*Legendary Bash (TRU exclusive)
*Legendary Chop Chop (TRU exclusive)
*Legendary Spyro (TRU exclusive)
Legendary Trigger Happy (TRU exclusive)

Dark Spyro (only available in the 3DS starter pack in the US)

*Also comes in a 3 pack with other characters that are missing.

I don't get the Skylanders craze but I enjoy these threads, if only for the roll-call of dumb character names. I'll trade my Kip Jobber for your Crush Rusher!

Wow! that was fast! hehe! I guess we'll be seeing more listing in ebay real soon with more jacked-up prices!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']The bundle should have included all the characters. Not really a good deal imo.[/QUOTE]

9x35 or so = 315. Plus a starter pack? + 3x adventure packs worth $75.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

[quote name='SnoT']I would have gotten this game already if I didn't have to store all the extra crap for it.[/QUOTE]
This is what shoe boxes are for. Dont act like you dont have tons of crap already lying around your filthy house.

I don't get the people who resell stuff like this for insane prices, but I really don't get the idiots who pay for it. At some point don't you feel kinda shitty for taking advantage of someone's OCD? I mean, it's a clear plastic piece of shit, right?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't get the people who resell stuff like this for insane prices, but I really don't get the idiots who pay for it. At some point don't you feel kinda shitty for taking advantage of someone's OCD? I mean, it's a clear plastic piece of shit, right?[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to go to Spencer's or a gag store for one of those...

http://www.spencersonline.com/product/fake-dog-poo-poo1/

[quote name='ABVN']Plenty of people will buy this. They really struck gold with this cash cow.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the cartoon series, summer movie, fragrances and toilet paper.

I don't see why people are giving this 1 star and talking it down.

Crystal Cynder has sold for $300 on eBay multiple times in the very recent past, and this item is already out of stock. This was a great catch. If you sell Crystal Cynder, the rest is free.

[quote name='hobbie8046']I don't see why people are giving this 1 star and talking it down.

Crystal Cynder has sold for $300 on eBay multiple times in the very recent past, and this item is already out of stock. This was a great catch. If you sell Crystal Cynder, the rest is free.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This would be much cheaper than buying them at $8-10 each to complete a collection.

And for people confused on why people are paying $300 for a "piece of plastic", look at the value of vintage GIJoes and Star Wars as well as old baseball/FB/BKB cards. As long as the supply is low and the demand can withstand the test of time, this will be valuable.

Do the limited edition figures (crystal, gold, silver, etc) do anything special in the game? Or are they just valuable because they are rare?

The first wave of gold, silver, clear figures were a production mistake from what I understand. They were embraced by the collector community. At that point, the company intentionally released "Blue Bash", which is a translucent blue figure which starts at lvl5 and has a bunch of coins to buy upgrades already (but isn't special other than that). I'd imagine the clear Cynder will be similar. (The legendary figures are different though- and have higher base stats and Trigger Happy supposedly has different moves, but i haven't looked into it).

fucking Gamestop. :bs:

[quote name='WingsDJY']Do the limited edition figures (crystal, gold, silver, etc) do anything special in the game? Or are they just valuable because they are rare?[/QUOTE]

Nope, they have the same stats as the regular characters. Only the Legendary versions have slightly different stats.

[quote name='hobbie8046']I don't see why people are giving this 1 star and talking it down.

Crystal Cynder has sold for $300 on eBay multiple times in the very recent past, and this item is already out of stock. This was a great catch. If you sell Crystal Cynder, the rest is free.[/QUOTE]

Because it's not a deal. And just because one moron paid $300.00 on Ebay doesn't mean you'll find another one to make this free for you.
If you're interested, buying the large pack from Bestbuy, and waiting for sales on the others is the smart thing to do. From last fall until now, there have been plenty of opportunities to find a 'cheaper' (not necessarily cheap) way to buy these than at msrp.

[quote name='hobbie8046']I don't see why people are giving this 1 star and talking it down.[/QUOTE]

Because you're all suckers and setting an awful precedent for near-useless, overpriced physical DLC.

Wombat should be ashamed.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Because you're all suckers and setting an awful precedent for near-useless, overpriced physical DLC.

Wombat should be ashamed.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

God forbid we enjoy things!

[quote name='confoosious']:roll:

God forbid we enjoy things![/QUOTE]

Let's see you enjoy this bullshit when it appears in every other game out there.

I'm done here.

I'll admit, I was on the fence about this game, but seeing the hysteria that goes into this (cough*pokemon*cough), I am not going to even attempt getting in on the skylander craze. Especially if there's more mass produce CE's in the future to be marked down :p

Yeah, you guys should enjoy whatever you want.

When I first saw Skylanders on Amazon for pre-order before its release, I thought I might like it. I ended up waiting because I didn't really understand the whole deal with the toys and didn't bother to read up on how it actually played. I never bought it.

Anyway, I still think it's a cool concept, but like anything else, it's going to be milked dry... let rest for five years and then milked dry again. The number of these figures seems like too much for me to want to keep up with and the way some people are hoarding them and then letting people with more money than sense drive the price up on eBay really puts me off from anything like this in the future. I can't afford to enjoy it, so I figure why bother.

Dear god... You guys are willing to pay $300 for a crappy game with overpriced statues and you still call yourself CAGs? For shame...

[quote name='Darknuke']Dear god... You guys are willing to pay $300 for a crappy game with overpriced statues and you still call yourself CAGs? For shame...[/QUOTE]

Read anybody say they were going to buy it?

[quote name='Nohbdy']Let's see you enjoy this bullshit when it appears in every other game out there.

I'm done here.[/QUOTE]

We won't miss you. I bet you're a CoD player too. IRONY ~

[quote name='DukeMagnem']Yeah, you guys should enjoy whatever you want.

When I first saw Skylanders on Amazon for pre-order before its release, I thought I might like it. I ended up waiting because I didn't really understand the whole deal with the toys and didn't bother to read up on how it actually played. I never bought it.

Anyway, I still think it's a cool concept, but like anything else, it's going to be milked dry... let rest for five years and then milked dry again. The number of these figures seems like too much for me to want to keep up with and the way some people are hoarding them and then letting people with more money than sense drive the price up on eBay really puts me off from anything like this in the future. I can't afford to enjoy it, so I figure why bother.[/QUOTE]

See, that's a nice, intelligent opinion to Skylanders. All you trolls on here take note and stfu.

But you probably won't.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Let's see you enjoy this bullshit when it appears in every other game out there.

I'm done here.[/QUOTE]

Awww you mad?

I hope they apply this concept to MUA3. I'm on a video game forum. I like toys.

[quote name='dragonjud']Because it's not a deal. And just because one moron paid $300.00 on Ebay doesn't mean you'll find another one to make this free for you.
If you're interested, buying the large pack from Bestbuy, and waiting for sales on the others is the smart thing to do. From last fall until now, there have been plenty of opportunities to find a 'cheaper' (not necessarily cheap) way to buy these than at msrp.[/QUOTE]

It's more than "one moron." Read what I actually said. In fact, check for yourself. All the completed items on ebay are in that range.

[quote name='nbballard']The first wave of gold, silver, clear figures were a production mistake from what I understand. [/QUOTE]

Do you have a source for this? Because the Facebook page even talked about these rare figures. It'd be a really odd "production mistake" that the'd be all one color not even used in the painting process on some of the figures - and that it was ONLY the same three figures for gold and ONLY the same three figures on the silver?

bread's done
Back