Shadows of the damned $20 Newegg

savemoneyandspaces!

Is this a good deal? Not in the context of "is it fun" but rather how much cheaper is it than most other places?

I platinumed this game a few weeks ago.

Overall, I felt it was very overrated, but a good game. The controls, especially aiming, were frustrating and almost completely ruined it for me at first. Once I got past that (second playthrough) I started to enjoy it a lot more. Then, the last evil boss glitched on me during the hard playthrough and I tried for an hour (without dying) to kill it with no luck. If it wasnt for online, telling me it was glitched what the work around is, I would still be shooting at it. (be aware of this if you're playing on the hardest mode!)

Dialog is good. There are a few good lines in the game, but they are all basically dick jokes. The graphics seemed a little grainy to me, but that is a minor complaint. Music was really good, but that end game "rap" gave me the douche chills. I did really enjoy the end credit song.

Hotspur is a likeable character, and I hope they fix the control issues for the sequel.

I can't say that I had any problems with the controls. It controls pretty much like RE4, except you can move & aim at the same time. The biggest drawback is you can't skip the numerous cutscenes in the game. Other than that there's not a whole lot to complain about. I really hope this game gets a sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namerson']which platform? I can't choose![/QUOTE]

From what I've read the PS3 version is supposed to be better (can't personally confirm this as it's still in the backlog).

[quote name='AFC']From what I've read the PS3 version is supposed to be better (can't personally confirm this as it's still in the backlog).[/QUOTE]
That is correct, either DF or LoT already did a comparison for this.

I loved this game and platinumed it as well. Had no problems on the hard playthrough which I did first. Unlike a lot of games if you play through on hard first it doesn't give you the trophies for finishing on the easier levels you have to play through on each to get each trophy... the graphics ..dialogue..and characters were awesome. $20 bucks is a steal

[quote name='Dranakin']I still want this, but my backlog is killing me. I'll keep it on my wishlist.[/QUOTE]
THIS.

Thanks, OP!

Unashamedly stolen from Mr. Neato

2qjccvc.png

Must. Not. Add. To. Backlog.

I caved and picked up Splatterhouse for 10 bucks already, I can't add anymore. Vanquish is probably the only game right now I would pick up if I saw it on sale for 10 bucks because I would really like to play that.

Shadows of The Damned is definitely something I will check out in the future, it'll be even cheaper by the time I get around to it.

Get this... one of the few games I remember laughing so hard I cried a little. For those of you who have played it... all the "storybook" moments, more so when Garcia is the voice.

EL OH EL

SOTD is one of those games that the story, ambiance, whole just theme of the game is so great that the little quirks with gameplay and such was looked passed by me. It's a funny, fantastic experience that has those wtf moments of brilliance. I loved it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']SOTD is one of those games that the story, ambiance, whole just theme of the game is so great that the little quirks with gameplay and such was looked passed by me. It's a funny, fantastic experience that has those wtf moments of brilliance. I loved it.[/QUOTE]

the side scrolling platforming got boring really quickly but other than that it was a great game.

I will eventually get this game. It's not on Newegg's ebay store though so as so many others have said, MUST NOT ADD TO BACKLOG!

This game is very much worth 20$

support Suda, because he actually put out a game that had gameplay to match it's wacky story.

[quote name='hwmusic']ehhh still too much. 9.99 used[/QUOTE]

Where? The Gamefly sale a while back only lasted all of 13 minutes before it went out of stock. Looking for a PS3 copy

Just a heads up, the PS3 version is sold out...I ordered it this afternoon but later got an email telling me that my order was cancelled due to insufficient inventory. :(

oh well...time to catch up on my backlog I suppose.

[quote name='Dekips']Just a heads up, the PS3 version is sold out...I ordered it this afternoon but later got an email telling me that my order was cancelled due to insufficient inventory. :(

oh well...time to catch up on my backlog I suppose.[/QUOTE]

ARGH!

I've been waiting for a $20 price point on this game and I guess I JUST missed out. :(
I signed up for the "auto-notify" thing but who knows if it'll come back in stock...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If they run out of the Xbox version(Why are the covers different?)...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHADOWS-of-...0888?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f1642b808

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Shadows...1801?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5d2f3d6739

PS3 is going for $25 and up, though.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes game companies change the game cover after a period of time. I think it has to do with making the game appear fresh and new. I am tempted but I usually wait for games like this to hit the 14-17 mark. My backlog is already beyond MASSIVE and i know if I buy this I wont even get to it by the end of this year. What to do, what to do. Either way, thanks for the head up OP.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Sometimes game companies change the game cover after a period of time. I think it has to do with making the game appear fresh and new. I am tempted but I usually wait for games like this to hit the 14-17 mark. My backlog is beyond massive and i know if I buy this I wont even get to it by the end of this year. What to do, what to do. Either way thanks for the head up OP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']The second one looks the seller is using placeholder art that was put together before the retail box art was finalized.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. Thanks ya'll! Was wondering if 1 had something extra.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ah, ok. Thanks ya'll! Was wondering if 1 had something extra.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it said RP in the corner which is the indicator.

[quote name='Gameboy415']ARGH!

I've been waiting for a $20 price point on this game and I guess I JUST missed out. :(
I signed up for the "auto-notify" thing but who knows if it'll come back in stock...[/QUOTE]

Problem is (from the last time I missed a NG deal) is that with Auto-Notify...you won't get the same deal before it ran out.

[quote name='Dekips']Problem is (from the last time I missed a NG deal) is that with Auto-Notify...you won't get the same deal before it ran out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried Auto-Notify for House of the Dead Overkill $10 and I got an email saying it's back in stock...for $37 or something

For anyone else who missed out on the PS3 version, a few Amazon resellers have it for $22.99 with Prime right now (5/5).
I had $10 in Amazon credit so this ended up being a slightly better deal for me! :D

bread's done
Back