USPS shipped package to wrong address, Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicory_hell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi CAGs, I just bought a refurbished kindle fire from Amazon, it was supposed to be here today so I went to Amazon's website to check tracking info and it says 'Delivered', so I go to my door to find the package but theres nothing, so when I check the date on the Tracking info it says it was delivered yesterday by the USPS, the thing is the USPS guy gave me the mail to me yesterday in person, and he didn't gave me any package from Amazon.

Now I dont know what to do so I'm asking for advice, Dont know if I need to contact Amazon or the USPS, if anybody had an experience like this I would appreciate the help

thanks

Wait a few days or a week.I know you're probably pissed off,but try to hold it together.If it doesn't show by then contact Amazon.If your neighbor has a similar address as yours (ie neighbors unit is 432 and yours is 432 A) in the secondary address bar jot down "Do not deliver to apt/house number __"

[quote name='mrx001']Wait a few days or a week.I know you're probably pissed off,but try to hold it together.If it doesn't show by then contact Amazon.If your neighbor has a similar address as yours (ie neighbors unit is 432 and yours is 432 A) in the secondary address bar jot down "Do not deliver to apt/house number __"[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'm gonna wait a few days to see what happens

Since when would Amazon ship something like this by the USPS? The refurb fire DOTD was when? Wednesday? I find it hard to believe they would ship something that weighs over 13oz using the USPS and still have it arrive next day.

I had something from Amazon be marked delivered, but I didn't receive it. I contacted them and they said they would replace the package, but suggested I wait a couple days because sometimes there can be errors with shipping. Sure enough the package came 3 days later.

Go to the Post Office in person and talk to someone behind the counter. They should go look in the back and see if its there and also open a file on it. Also wait around for the postal worker who delivers tomorrow to talk to him/her about it. I've had a couple of packages get misplaced but they have turned up a few days after doing the above. Just keep a level head about it.

[quote name='mitch079']Go to the Post Office in person and talk to someone behind the counter. They should go look in the back and see if its there and also open a file on it. Also wait around for the postal worker who delivers tomorrow to talk to him/her about it. I've had a couple of packages get misplaced but they have turned up a few days after doing the above. Just keep a level head about it.[/QUOTE]

Assuming Amazon supplied the OP with a USPS tracking number, you don't even need to go into the post office anymore.

https://redelivery.usps.com/redelivery/

I've filled this form out twice with all pertinent info and both times the parcels in question showed up the next day.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']This is my biggest fear. How much is a refurb anyways? Hope you eventually get your fire.[/QUOTE]

They had it for 139 on the fire sale last wednesday

[quote name='GBAstar']Since when would Amazon ship something like this by the USPS? The refurb fire DOTD was when? Wednesday? I find it hard to believe they would ship something that weighs over 13oz using the USPS and still have it arrive next day.[/QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe they would ship something USPS and still have it arrive.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I had something from Amazon be marked delivered, but I didn't receive it. I contacted them and they said they would replace the package, but suggested I wait a couple days because sometimes there can be errors with shipping. Sure enough the package came 3 days later.[/QUOTE]

I forgot I had this happen a couple of months ago as well. Won an ebay auction, guy shipped the item on a Friday, it scanned at the origin site as delivered. Let the seller know about it in case it never came but it showed up the following Tuesday.

I had this happen once, my mailman told me he accidentally scanned it in as delivered instead of attempted delivery(I wasn't home). He brought it back to me 2 days later(It was held at the post office) after I told him about it.

Thank you all for your help, You are not gonna believe what happened, I went to the theater today to see The Avengers, I went to the 6:45pm showtime and when I got back home I notice there was a package in the living room, then I notice it said kindle fire on one side so I asked my brother about it and he said he found it in the front door at around 7pm, now I wonder what happened, I'm sure it was not the mailman who leave it on Sunday, maybe the honest person who received the package by mistake took the time to leave it at my door, anyways I'm happy now and ready to start using that thing, have a good week everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back