[AMAZON] - Gears of War 3 Signature Series Guide - $2.48 FSSS

[quote name='Sway']I feel "cheap" for asking, but can anyone comment on how much art is in this guide?[/QUOTE]

Theres real nice pictures of all of the enemies, guns, and people. Campaign section has a fair split between art and text.

[quote name='myvolition']just went hunting for penny guides with no luck, now I just gotta figure what to fill my order with at amazon[/QUOTE]

Where do these penny guides usually exist?

Picked up the Signature Series guide also. Will probably read that one and then cut up the standard one to make some nice laminated maps

I take it the only difference between the regular and LE guide are the e-guide codes and exclusive XBL video footage it comes with? They both have the 352 pages listed under the book info.

Eh, I guess I will end up going with the LE just cause it comes with the original two guide books as well.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']definitely dont need this, but for $2.45 i'm in[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus I did the $1 mp3 no rush shipping, just so I don't feel as bad about paying $2.44 more than usual for a guide.

[quote name='bobphone']Exactly. Plus I did the $1 mp3 no rush shipping, just so I don't feel as bad about paying $2.44 more than usual for a guide.[/QUOTE]

Heh - didn't think about it that way but, yeah, I did the mp3 thing too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Here's a listing of all guides sold by Amazon priced low to high. There's a lot of much older stuff and quite a few listed as $.01 for used copies.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_0?rh=k%3Avideo+game+strategy+guides%2Cn%3A283155%2Cn%3A%211000%2Cn%3A5%2Cn%3A87%2Cn%3A1099188&bbn=87&keywords=video+game+strategy+guides&ie=UTF8&qid=1336179663&rnid=87#/ref=sr_st?bbn=87&keywords=video+game+strategy+guides&qid=1336179667&rh=k%3Avideo+game+strategy+guides%2Cn%3A283155%2Cn%3A!1000%2Cn%3A5%2Cn%3A87%2Cn%3A1099188&sort=pricerank

I didn't really get a chance to sort it by stuff sold by Amazon though, so this includes all sellers including marketplace ones.[/QUOTE]
Very discouraging resale value : (

The LE guide also comes with the soundtrack. The gears 1 and 2 guides are free online, it's just a web address and they are PDF

I found the LE to be disappointing compared to the LEs for GOW 1 & 2. There wasn't an art section and the soundtrack is - if memory serves - 10 tracks. However, they aren't even ten full tracks, you're getting a piece of ten tracks - the entire thing is about 8 minutes long.

Was gonna get the LE, but saw it had the same amount of pages as the regular one so I got that instead. I don't really care about a hardcover or "bonuses."

Mad props OP.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Very discouraging resale value : ([/QUOTE]
Yeah. The penny price that BB/GS/TRU drop the guides to when they're told to destroy them is about what most of them are worth online. There are some that're worth much, much more(Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy, Uncharted 1, etc). But most aren't worth the paper they're printed on, even when they're actually new in the stores. What annoys me most is how the publishers of the guides think that most people will pay these higher prices for their products when most of this same info is available on on Gamefaqs and other sites for free.:roll:

At $9.99-$14.99 a guide I might buy more of these without waiting for a penny drop, but $25-35+......fuck no.

Then again, I haven't found a single guide from ANY penny drop around here in a long time now. So I'm kinda SOL either way.

[quote name='bobphone']Exactly. Plus I did the $1 mp3 no rush shipping, just so I don't feel as bad about paying $2.44 more than usual for a guide.[/QUOTE]

What are you guys taking about? I want this, but don't want to pay $4 shipping... TIA.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']What are you guys taking about? I want this, but don't want to pay $4 shipping... TIA.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK that option is only available if you have Prime.

[quote name='get_loud']The LE guide also comes with the soundtrack. The gears 1 and 2 guides are free online, it's just a web address and they are PDF[/QUOTE]

They are? What is the link? The only reason I went with the LE was because it came with the .pdf files. When I went to Brady games website they said each e-guide is $10.00

In for 1 even though it's now a whopping $2.70. Thanks, OP. Also thanks to the other CAGs for the information on the included art :)

Thanks, I ordered 1 one of each :) It's really nice that the L.E. comes with access to downloadable PDF versions of the first 2 guides.

bread's done
Back