Sony PlayStation 3 250GB Console Bundle $179.95 + $3.99 Shipping

theloremaster

CAGiversary!
For today only

Deal 1
http://www.midnightbox.com/

description-ttl.png

The PlayStation 3 250GB system is the next stage in the evolution of Sony's console gaming powerhouse. Loaded with a mix of multimedia features and functions available on earlier PlayStation 3 models, as well as a series of new advancements and refinements, the PlayStation 3 250GB system is destined to push the envelope in the realm of Next-Generation entertainment.

Includes Sony PS3 250 GB HDD
Wireless Controller
AC power cord, AV cable, and USB cable

[quote name='TooPoor']Lol @ 4 dollar to ship a PS3[/QUOTE]

$4, $5, $0, who gives a crap? Most of us can just add two numbers together to get the real cost. Everything on woot is $5 shipping and clearly that's not what it costs.

The major issue here is that it's a refurb unit.

You may want to note in the title that this is "recertified" and not new.

And it only comes with a 30 day "Midnight Box" warranty :whistle2:k.

Meh, thanks for the post OP, but I'm getting the feeling that this isn't on the up and up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']$4, $5, $0, who gives a crap? Most of us can just add two numbers together to get the real cost. Everything on woot is $5 shipping and clearly that's not what it costs.

The major issue here is that it's a refurb unit.[/QUOTE]
I know, I was using this observation to question the legitimacy of the deal! Though I have no idea

[quote name='TooPoor']I know, I was using this observation to question the legitimacy of the deal! Though I have no idea[/QUOTE]

Which is my point. Woot deals are all legit and they only charge $5.

I'll vouch for midnightbox being a legit company. I've bought a few things from them since '06. They're a daily deal site. Nothing wrong with them, but again: this is a recertified item with little more than a DOA warranty.

If it was closer to the $100 mark I'd buy it just as a BD player.

[quote name='Slixshot']Is this site legit?[/QUOTE]

I bought from them twice. MidnightBox has gotten progressively more disappointing through the years.

The first time was back in '05-06 for some Logitech PS2 wireless controllers. One controller was dysfunctional, but they replaced it and paid for shipping both ways. I think it was $5 and free shipping per controller, which was excellent.

The second purchase was a "grab bag" of stuff in 2010 and was a collaboration with Collector's Proof. I bought two "grab bags" for $8 total and received shit. Utterly worthless shit. A PC modem from the 90's, The Incredibly Hulk issue #300-something, and two of those paper airplane things that come in one piece wrapped in plastic that you have to break apart. $8 for that shit.

Not a bad deal, except a crappy site and its refurbed. I got a 2nd ps3 for $100 off a friend of a friend who needed fast money. 160gig slim with 2 controllers and MW3 for $100, then trades in MW3 cause I have it for $38 at BB. They assured me its not stolen and I trust them but it still seems too good to be true. But if u are in the.market for a used ps3 u may as well check craigslist first as people always need fast money in this economy and your likely to find a cheaper ps3 with games

[quote name='Blade']The second purchase was a "grab bag" of stuff in 2010 and was a collaboration with Collector's Proof. I bought two "grab bags" for $8 total and received shit. Utterly worthless shit. A PC modem from the 90's, The Incredibly Hulk issue #300-something, and two of those paper airplane things that come in one piece wrapped in plastic that you have to break apart. $8 for that shit.[/QUOTE]

Hey, maybe in 20-30 years, the comic would appreciate in value and you would have gotten your $8 back. Assuming it's in the highest-grade condition. And assuming you didn't throw it out, which you probably did.

bread's done
Back