- - - - -

CAG Fitbit Group - Walk This Way!

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17963 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Join the CAG Fitbit Group on Fitbit.com

What is fitbit?

Fitbit at Amazon
Posted Image Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker
Posted Image Fitbit WiFi Scale

Edited by CheapyD, 21 May 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#2 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

My wife had one and I decided to bite the bullet and get one for myself. I have joined the CAG group. Motivate me.

#3 Matt Westcott   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Matt Westcott

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

I've bought the Wi-Fi Scale and that's a lot of fun. I love keeping track of my weight loss online. I'm still on the fence about buying the FitBit though... I don't know if I'd walk 70,000 steps a week and I feel like that might depress me.

#4 geek2slick   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

geek2slick

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

I joined! Ive had my fitbit for a month now, and it already has made me think about everything i eat. Lets hope it works. Cheers, to making our goals :)

#5 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17963 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Had a good day yesterday:

Posted Image

#6 TheAggroCraig   Hummus! CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

TheAggroCraig

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

I have an Amazon gift card coming in soon, so I'll probably invest in one then.

#7 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Just ordered one! If I like it enough I'll get one for my sister for her birthday. Perfect time since the weather is finally getting a bit better around here.

#8 youruglyclone   Last Man in Userplane CAGiversary!   1226 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

youruglyclone

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm in for one...let's see how long I last.

#9 caltab   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1645 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Joined the group. I got a jawbone up back when they were giving them away for free around Xmas, I liked it but it broke after a weak. Decided to try out a fitbit. It was between that and the nike fuel band- people seem to prefer the fitbit. These devices arent as accurate as a heart rate monitor watch, but they are less of a pain to deal with(heart rate monitors require a chest strap)

If you like tracking food calories I'd recommend myfitnesspal.com to compliment your fitbit. its way better than fitbits website and can actually be linked with your fitbit. It's a free site/app.

edit: I used it on my treadmill and it was way off (by 20 percent). But, you can calibrate your walking and running stride under your profile. This website is really good for figuring out your stride:

http://www.tech4o.co...ail.aspx?id=181

You count how many steps you do in a known distance and enter it in and it will tell you your distance. After making the adjustment I tried it again and it was way more accurate.

Edited by caltab, 13 May 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#10 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4334 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

I joined the group! Finally found this thread, I am not doing very well compared to others. I am thinking about getting the wireless scale soon.

#11 stormrage360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

stormrage360

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

just bought a fitbit myself and the Pawn Stars book based on Cheapy's recommendation.

#12 ddrlenz   Jedi Knight CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

Just bit and got a Fitbit. Hopefully I can lose some weight with some fellow CAGs.

#13 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4334 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

My activity level has been very low, but I've been losing weight by eating healthier.

#14 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Just joined. Really curious about seeing number about my daily...movement i guess...Gained 20 pounds over the last year since getting a desk job, so not much activity for most the day

#15 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Finally got the damn thing in today since the Ensenda delivery guy lost my package.

#16 ternatsof   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

ternatsof

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

A buddy of mine who also listens to the show send me one as a birthday gift! All in this group yo! ;)

#17 todders09   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

todders09

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have been using the fitbit for the last month and a half and have already lost 7 lbs. I seem to be more aware of my movement throughout the day. Also started the Couch to 5k program that gets people from being a couch potato to running a 5k in 9 weeks. Already at week 6 and can see a drastic improvement.

#18 stormrage360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

stormrage360

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Has anyone started a CAG group on Fitbit.com?

#19 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Has anyone started a CAG group on Fitbit.com?

The one in the OP is the Cag group.

I am failing hard on this thing. I had no idea I needed to dl the program on the site and I just thought the USB wasn't syncing right. I lost a good 2 days of work on it and the fitbit just reset back to Zero after I got the program installed. =(

#20 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17963 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

Wow, 40+ members!

#21 rajchakrabarti   Your Soul is Mine. CAGiversary!   1142 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

rajchakrabarti

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Looks interesting... might have to give this a shot.

#22 lilytrabbit   404: Tag Not Found CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

lilytrabbit

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'm going to have to find some activities to do now that summer is here. No more work at the school so I'm not walking near what I do on a daily basis.

Biggest problem where I live is no damn sidewalks. I mean who the hell builds a city without sidewalks.

#23 usickenme   I'm the a-hole CAGiversary!   2559 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

usickenme

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Biggest problem where I live is no damn sidewalks. I mean who the hell builds a city without sidewalks.

The south

#24 caltab   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1645 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

Does anyone use this to jog- I've had it for a week and have found it to be terribly inaccurate when it comes to distance. It counts steps within a reasonable margin of error, but the distance is way way off. I tried calibrating my stride and thought I fixed it, but its still inaccurate. The problem seems to be that it cannot tell the difference between me jogging and walking(which its supposed to do). It always just thinks I am walking, even if I sprint. It says my pace is absurdly slow. My jogs are short by over 30 percent. Pretty disappointing and will probably return it.

#25 Siterath   Frugality 101 CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Well I finally bit the bullet and picked one of these up (anything but cheap considering this is CAG lol), joined the group, and now letting it charge. I'll be testing it out right after that!

#26 spdiscus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

spdiscus

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

$14 off today on Amazon, so I ordered and joined the group. Here's to bringing down the average (when my shipment gets here).

#27 aeontheflux   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

aeontheflux

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

I just joined the CAG FitBit group as well, I hope it helps me stay motivated over the summer! Look me up under Ken :)

Does anyone have any specific exercise routines? I usually run for 30-40 minutes a day

#28 otter   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Does anyone use this to jog- I've had it for a week and have found it to be terribly inaccurate when it comes to distance. It counts steps within a reasonable margin of error, but the distance is way way off. I tried calibrating my stride and thought I fixed it, but its still inaccurate. The problem seems to be that it cannot tell the difference between me jogging and walking(which its supposed to do). It always just thinks I am walking, even if I sprint. It says my pace is absurdly slow. My jogs are short by over 30 percent. Pretty disappointing and will probably return it.

I tried when I first got mine, and I had the same issues. On the fitbit forums, I found that most people suggest you use the webpage and log the Activity with the start time, your distance and duration and it will correctly convert it to steps and sync back to the fitbit. I use mapmyrun.com , and a stop watch to check my pace.
You might be happier with one of the gps running watches like Garmin, or maybe one of the the Nike plus systems.

#29 chronojin   CAG For Life! CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chronojin

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Just bought one for me and my wife yesterday from Best Buy. Got the warranty for these since I'm exactly the kind of person to wash this accidently. Also going the fitbit group. Looking forward to keeping up with the group!

#30 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

This is disappointing since I do a lot of running but I'd like something that tracks my progress.

What about running and jumping in place (like if I'm doing P90X or Insanity)? Can it keep track of that? I'm looking for something to motivate me even more and the game-like characteristics of this seem kind of neat...