Vita Accessories & Alternatives

6er

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Vita Accessories, of interest. If you have a specific accessory you have tested with a review or commentss, post it, we're all CAGs, so I figured we would need a place to congregate to say "THIS WORKS!" and "THIS DOESN'T)

So far these items have been mentioned as good products by CAGs in various threads:

CAG favorite Cases:
CAG thread on cases
Pull 'n Go Folio(by PDP)
Sony PS Vita Travel Pouch ( by Sony)
Vault Case(by Rocketfish)

CAG favorite Screen Protectors:
PS Vita 2 -pack (by Sony)
HORI full face protector
INSTEN 3 pack front screen protector (sold by EForCity & dirt cheap)

CAG Favorite Chargers:
UNTESTED, but OEM:Vita Portable Charger(aka Battery Backup), (by Sony)
Monoprice 5 piece kit
Monoprice 7 piece kit
monoprice 9000 mah Battery Backup
:cry:

Items of Interest:

This Article at the bottom says This Charger should work which means, any proper aftermarket nook charger should work. Waiting for someone to actually TRY it be it is moved to the "CAG Favorites" section.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current dilemmas:

So (see above)the vita needs something like a minimum 1.5amp draw to charge. Most cell phone chargers are 1 amp output, but iPad stuff is 2.1. Anyone try hooking up a vita USB cable to a iPad charger device port? Like the car charger in the below link?

http://monoprice.com/mobile/Produc...Id=108&categoryId=10826&subCategoryId=1082603
Just want someone to plug a into something like in the above link and see if it charges
At $5 if it works....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']ipad would not. However Nook charger will work.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate? Some third party vita battery backup puts out 2000 mah, is that the limit?

I know this isn't directly related, and this item seems a bit expensive (49.95), but there is a new "PS Vita Portable Charger" out, that is supposed to allow an additional 4-7 hours of gameplay when attached to the vita via USB. It is basically a fat battery that is rechargeable and can be attached to the Vita to recharge it, or give you additional play time:

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Porta...sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336324915&sr=8-1-spell

Yeah, I think I'll turn this into a accessories in general thread, OEM & aftermarket, and reviews from us CAGs. I'll work it it out in the OP when I get back to a pc in an hour.

ALSO, this looks interesting.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1083004&p_id=9262&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

Look like it comes with a car charger, screen protectors, and maybe a cart slot cleaner? Says expected 7/1, so I guess we will know more then, I expect they will sell the charger stand alone, probably under $5

[quote name='6er']Look like it comes with a car charger, screen protectors, and maybe a cart slot cleaner? Says expected 7/1, so I guess we will know more then, I expect they will sell the charger stand alone, probably under $5[/QUOTE]

That is just a "squeegee" to apply the screen cover.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That is just a "squeegee" to apply the screen cover.[/QUOTe]but why put a logo and call it a soft card

I just got the monoprice 7 piece kit. The car charger and cable work. Haven't done a full test charge tosee if it gets hot. I also got the monoprice game case that holds games and 2 memory cards, and its very similar to the Sony brand case, just a half cm shorter and slight different design. Inside is nearly identical. Hopefully MP will sell just the charger soon.

Hey guys, something kind of exciting:

a 9000 MAH backup battery for under $40! It has a 2.1A output so it will power the Vita, and is 40% more power than the sony official battery backup.(assuming the rating is accurate, of course.

Monoprice 9000 MAH battery

They also have their own grips for the Vita now also:

Monoprice Vita trigger grips

This thread seems so......empty. Anyone? Hello?

Word of advice the $40 starter kit is trash I wasted $32 on it.
Walmart has game cases that hold 12 games for $4($5 reg.) on clearance & the $20 kit from GS holds tons of games. The travel pouch looks big b/c of the packaging but it's crap I just put the headphones, cleaning cloth in it.
Will be grabbing the $20 starter kit & $30 folio from GS.

[quote name='Enuf']Word of advice the $40 starter kit is trash I wasted $32 on it.
Walmart has game cases that hold 12 games for $4($5 reg.) on clearance & the $20 kit from GS holds tons of games. The travel pouch looks big b/c of the packaging but it's crap I just put the headphones cloth in it.
Will be grabbing the $20 starter jit & $30 folio from GS.[/QUOTE]

What was trash? The Sony official one?

[quote name='6er']What was trash? The Sony official one?[/QUOTE]
The $40 Official sony one w/travel pouch(trash) the packaging makes it look "thick" but it's junk. The earphones are basic & the screen protector can be had cheaper.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...32133&id=1218517748517#tabbed-customerreviews

Grab the $20 red Samuari starter kit & get a deal on a memory card. The game case holds 32 games so that'll cover you & you get the cleaning cloth & screen protector too.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-starter-kit/98031

I have that gamestop starter kit and I agree the case is awesome. I also just got the nyko power grip which is also fantastic for lengthy sessions. My thumb constantly cramped up after playing ps1 games on mine using the d-pad but now using the grip I haven't had much of a problem. The extended battery life is fantastic too.

Zagg Vita Full Protection :

Works great bit over priced (specially the shipping)
Difficulty of installation
but other than that probably best protector Vita offers.

Same materiel with you phone / ipad protector.
so, you know what your getting

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9911010#post9911010

GS has the official Sony portable charger for $30($50 MSRP) & AMZ has a energizer one for $20(battery powered)

Memory cards
4 GB $15 @ GS(refurb)
8 GB
16 GB $50 @ GS(refurb)
32 GB $80 Walmart.com/AMZ- I'd suggest pm'ing this @ BB during one of their 2X, 3X, 4X bonus RZ points events or using the same type coupons since it would net around $10 minimum back in RZ certs.

[quote name='Enuf']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9911010#post9911010

GS has the official Sony portable charger for $30($50 MSRP) & AMZ has a energizer one for $20(battery powered)

Memory cards
4 GB $15 @ GS(refurb)
8 GB
16 GB $50 @ GS(refurb)
32 GB $80 Walmart.com/AMZ- I'd suggest pm'ing this @ BB during one of their 2X, 3X, 4X bonus RZ points events or using the same type coupons since it would net around $10 minimum back in RZ certs.[/QUOTE]
The Notaenergizer charger is interesting, if not huge. Using rechargeable AA would be nice....

Anyone tried that monoprice battery? I'd prefer not to be the test case for it, especially if some one else has confirmed it worked.

bread's done
Back