RAGE (Ps3/360) $14.99 eligible for FSSS

In before someone else makes the comment. Yes this game was $5 at BBY in March with Gamer Coupon, and it's been lower through Gamefly for $9.99 (used). I heard the PS3 version is better, but that doesn't matter to me since I own the PC copy and X360 copy. (I bought the X360 copy before I bought my graphics card. Regardless of what you pay for this game, it's definitely worth it. I hope they come out with a sequel to fix some issues I have with the game, but it's worth a playthrough.

Note: Make sure you save often. The enemies are brutal in this game. Just a heads up.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']In before someone else makes the comment. Yes this game was $5 at BBY in March with Gamer Coupon, and it's been lower through Gamefly for $9.99 (used). I heard the PS3 version is better, but that doesn't matter to me since I own the PC copy and X360 copy. (I bought the X360 copy before I bought my graphics card. Regardless of what you pay for this game, it's definitely worth it. I hope they come out with a sequel to fix some issues I have with the game, but it's worth a playthrough.

Note: Make sure you save often. The enemies are brutal in this game. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement, except I wouldn't spend more than 20 on it. It's a really neat game that's definitely worth a 15 dollar play through

Good price. I was wondering, is this one of those games that suffers from a bad demo? I had high hopes for this game, then I played the demo and lost interest, I found it boring and for some reason reminded me of Borderlands (I am one of the few that hated Borderlands). So I guess what I am asking is if I didn't like the demo is there a chance I might still like the game?

[quote name='Dominick331']Good price. I was wondering, is this one of those games that suffers from a bad demo? I had high hopes for this game, then I played the demo and lost interest, I found it boring and for some reason reminded me of Borderlands (I am one of the few that hated Borderlands). So I guess what I am asking is if I didn't like the demo is there a chance I might still like the game?
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

Same here br0. I had a bad experience with the demo and Im almost completely turned off to the idea of buying it. Not to say this isnt a good price because it is, the demo just got real old real fast for me. Just sayin..

The game sucks. Bought it twice, traded it in both times. The missions are lackluster, the driving parts are simple and repetitive and the graphical issues are annoying. Not worth more than the $5 it was at best buy.

[quote name='ijustw1n']The game sucks. Bought it twice, traded it in both times. The missions are lackluster, the driving parts are simple and repetitive and the graphical issues are annoying. Not worth more than the $5 it was at best buy.[/QUOTE]

The shooting is rock solid, and it's the main part of the game. The racing is fun but driving from place to place is a pain.

The game is unplayable on PS3 imo because of the constant texture rendering. However, install it on your 360 and this is virtually no issue at all.

I do wish I had kept a $5 copy from Best Buy instead of trading it in, as I get the urge to pop it in every once in a while. Still, I'm never going to pay for than $7 or so to pick it up again.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The shooting is rock solid, and it's the main part of the game. The racing is fun but driving from place to place is a pain.

The game is unplayable on PS3 imo because of the constant texture rendering. However, install it on your 360 and this is virtually no issue at all.

I do wish I had kept a $5 copy from Best Buy instead of trading it in, as I get the urge to pop it in every once in a while. Still, I'm never going to pay for than $7 or so to pick it up again.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the upgrades? Like boost level two etc? I get to places in less than a minute. It's always fun to kill some muties on the way. ;) Once I finish the PC copy, I'll probably play my X360 copy down the line. I'm playing on Nightmare difficulty, and I wouldn't mind getting the achievements.

[quote name='Dominick331']Good price. I was wondering, is this one of those games that suffers from a bad demo? I had high hopes for this game, then I played the demo and lost interest, I found it boring and for some reason reminded me of Borderlands (I am one of the few that hated Borderlands). So I guess what I am asking is if I didn't like the demo is there a chance I might still like the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dealquest']Same here br0. I had a bad experience with the demo and Im almost completely turned off to the idea of buying it. Not to say this isnt a good price because it is, the demo just got real old real fast for me. Just sayin..[/QUOTE]

You two aren't alone (with this game or Borderlands, which I don't like either), I missed the first sale Gamefly had on it then finally got around to playing the demo, I don't disagree id knows how to do shooters, but I kept worrying about running out of ammo (in a id shooter come on...) and the item creation isn't very intuitive and I hated the driving the car felt very floating and didn't control well.

I think I'm going to skip it, there might be some good in there, but not enough rpg for me to like and too much same old, same old shooter for me to bother (especially with the ammo scrounging, which is worse than a fallout game when just starting)

Maybe again for $10 down the road, but I'm not hard up for anything to play nor hard up for a shooter RPG hybrid, I'll go play DX:HR if I need something to scratch that itch, thanks for posting though OP, I know there are some folks looking for a new copy at a good price.

[quote name='uncle5555']You two aren't alone (with this game or Borderlands, which I don't like either), I missed the first sale Gamefly had on it then finally got around to playing the demo, I don't disagree id knows how to do shooters, but I kept worrying about running out of ammo (in a id shooter come on...) and the item creation isn't very intuitive and I hated the driving the car felt very floating and didn't control well.

I think I'm going to skip it, there might be some good in there, but not enough rpg for me to like and too much same old, same old shooter for me to bother (especially with the ammo scrounging, which is worse than a fallout game when just starting)

Maybe again for $10 down the road, but I'm not hard up for anything to play nor hard up for a shooter RPG hybrid, I'll go play DX:HR if I need something to scratch that itch, thanks for posting though OP, I know there are some folks looking for a new copy at a good price.[/QUOTE]

What difficulty did you play on? I just beat it yesterday on Hard and outside of the first hour or two I wasn't hurting for ammo or money (to buy ammo) at all.

I picked this up when BB/@Gamer had it for $5. I knew nothing about the game except that it was an iD shooter so I was pleasantly surprised when I finally played it. It's a fun, solid, beautiful looking shooter with very light RPG elements. The co-op mode, Legends of the Wasteland, is also a fun distraction that provide a bit more backstory.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']

Note: Make sure you save often. The enemies are brutal in this game. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Disagree with this big time. I had to crank the difficulty all the way up, and even then, the game was not at all challenging. One of the easiest games I've played in a long time. Still, it was fun, at least for the fist 3/4. It got too repetitive and the end was downright awful. Worth a playthrough, though.

I have an sealed copy of this for the ps3 if anyone was interested. I have no time to even get to it my backlog is stupid big and I already own it on steam :/

[quote name='BNoyes']Disagree with this big time. I had to crank the difficulty all the way up, and even then, the game was not at all challenging. One of the easiest games I've played in a long time. Still, it was fun, at least for the fist 3/4. It got too repetitive and the end was downright awful. Worth a playthrough, though.[/QUOTE]

I really meant if you go into a gunfight not knowing what to do, they'll down you instantly. I remember running down a corridor thinking it was two enemies. I get to the middle, and four enemies are surrounding me. Yeah that was tough. I learned from that experience, and now I make sure I draw the enemies out before I run in there guns blazing. Just my two cents.

[quote name='kiwimonster']I have an sealed copy of this for the ps3 if anyone was interested. I have no time to even get to it my backlog is stupid big and I already own it on steam :/[/QUOTE]

I assume you had a price in mind?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']$5 from Best Buy, yeah! Even if it isn't good, it's still worth a try. Now all I need is a PS3.[/QUOTE]That was during March using the $15 off @gamer coupon. You still should be able to get hold of a copy for $5 + shipping(or less on CL) from people who purchased multiple copies in March.

[quote name='Dominick331']Good price. I was wondering, is this one of those games that suffers from a bad demo? I had high hopes for this game, then I played the demo and lost interest, I found it boring and for some reason reminded me of Borderlands (I am one of the few that hated Borderlands). So I guess what I am asking is if I didn't like the demo is there a chance I might still like the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dealquest']Same here br0. I had a bad experience with the demo and Im almost completely turned off to the idea of buying it. Not to say this isnt a good price because it is, the demo just got real old real fast for me. Just sayin..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='uncle5555']You two aren't alone (with this game or Borderlands, which I don't like either),[/QUOTE]

1. I thought I was the only person that didn't like Borderlands too. I hated looking down to fight enemies and that Cage the Elephant song annoys me to no end.

2. Hated the Rage demo; LOVED the game. I couldn't find a fighting stage in the demo, but I figured the graphics were good enough to give the game another try ( if PSN puts up a one hour full game trial of Rage, I suggest trying it; you'll have a lot more to do than that demo allows).

I was a little worried that the driving would get annoying (i.e. Jak 2), but it's brief. The FPS controls are the best I've experienced since the Timesplitters series. The only downside I have about Rage on the 360 so far is that it's 3 discs long.

Anyway, definitely worth $15.

Awesome game. One of the - if not the - most mechanically sound shooter. It's fun, looks amazing, and runs ay 60fps. The only other fps that runs at 60 is cod but that game looks terrible compared to rage.

$15 is a steal.

The only reason ppl hate it it's because they were butthurt by assuming it to be some open world game like border lands or fallout, just because it is post apocalyptic lol morons

Good Price. Boring game. I'll admit that the shooting was executed very well. Mechanically it was sound. The driving sequences I enjoyed. The outdoor graphics were some of the best I have ever seen.

However, the game had no heart. It felt like a mixing pot of good ideas that a the developers didn't get to execute. By the end of the game it was nothing more than a series of fetch quests. On top of that it was painfully easy in my opinion. It also had a crafting system that was very unrewarding. The walking bot was useful, along with crafting ammo, and the lock hacking device but that was about all I found myself crafting on a consistent basis.

If the game had a more fulfilling ending maybe I would of had better memories of Rage. It is one of the most anticlimactic endings you'll encounter. It felt as if the developers just flat out either ran out of time, money or both. When it ended, I seriously blurted out loud, "That's it?" Maybe they though they could sell the rest of the game as a sequel, Rage 2? But I doubt it happens and ID won't get my money or time for that matter until I see better results.
Btw, I loved Borderlands, and am very eagerly awaiting Borderlands 2. Rage doesn't even compare.

Best Buy has warped my mind on what a good deal is. Seems like they try to crush other stores.

Not, even, my kind of game. Got this in March, because it was so cheap! Still unopened.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Just what I payed for it. $5 at bestbuy + shipping and it is yours.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM. Not sure if you checked or not. ;D

I picked up a copy of the Anarchy Edition last week for $19.99. I was on the fence at that price but regular edition for $15 would have been good too.

Just a warning. The ending sucks....I almost see what they were trying to do, but it could've been fleshed out a little bit more. Definitely with a playthrough though.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Best Buy has warped my mind on what a good deal is. Seems like they try to crush other stores.

Not, even, my kind of game. Got this in March, because it was so cheap! Still unopened.[/QUOTE]

lol.. that's cause they know they have to sell otherwise they're going out of business.. which is inevitable anyway

Cool. Bought this at launch, it was okay but didn't really grab me, traded it back in soon after. $15 is the right price though.

[quote name='bbj77']I picked up a copy of the Anarchy Edition last week for $19.99. I was on the fence at that price but regular edition for $15 would have been good too.[/QUOTE]

Just received my copy of Rage from this Amazon sale and it is the "Anarchy Edition".

I assume everyone else did as well?

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Just received my copy of Rage from this Amazon sale and it is the "Anarchy Edition".

I assume everyone else did as well?[/QUOTE]

If this is true for more people, I may just jump on this. Can someone else confirm?

bread's done
Back