Yakuza 3 and 4

wwe101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
How are these two games? do they have that funny,weird feel of other asian games? is there a double pack somewhere for 3 and 4? thanks!

i loved the 3rd one but the 4th dragged on a bit for me. they both have alot to do and you can find them pretty cheap new or used these days. yeah they have alot of funny odd things in them one that sticks out in my mind in 3 i wont mention since i dot want to ruin it.

very quirky games but I love them. Basically Japanesse GTA with A LOT of mini games (bowling, Mahjong, darks, Roulette, claw machine, pachnko).

I have them both but I want to finish 1 & 2 first. TBH though, it's hard for me to go back and play PS2 games these days. Will it make sense if I just jump into 3?

@antip89 Yes definitely if you like quirky games the fignting system does get quite a bit dull I mean there is only so many ways to smash a bike over a guys head. I enjoyed the story and all the minigames but I might be in the minority. I would say go to gamestop check out 3 if you like it keep it if not you have 7 days to take it back. The game is not for everyone and the other 2 are kind of a must, so I would suggest before anything you check out the backstory on youtube for 1 + 2.

@kburns You can see the backstory for both 1 and 2 in the recap before starting 3 this is a must for 3 otherwise you will not understand or enjoy the story too much. (personal opinion).

If you have access to a PS2 get the 1st 2 & these 2, all 4 can be had for less than $60(with a lil legwork)

[quote name='kburns10']I have them both but I want to finish 1 & 2 first. TBH though, it's hard for me to go back and play PS2 games these days. Will it make sense if I just jump into 3?[/QUOTE]

I went straight into 3 and didn't have any issues. If you watch the recaps that are available from the main menu of 3 (I'm assuming they are all of the story cut scenes from the first two games) then you'll be fine.

I couldn't make it past the first chapter of 4. Too much walking around, backtracking and -easy- random encounters.

It's a great detailed world, with lots happening in it but the plot just felt like it was dragging on. After playing 7-8 horus I was ready to move on to the next character's story, but no.....

I only played 3 and it was fun but that died down after a bit. The fighting got kinda boring after awhile which is the main thing for the game. You can watch the cut scenes but be patient as hell cuz there are so many of them and so long! In the end, I did not even finish it (5-8 hours in). Not a game for me I guess. I don't like GTA4

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I only played 3 and it was fun but that died down after a bit. The fighting got kinda boring after awhile which is the main thing for the game. You can watch the cut scenes but be patient as hell cuz there are so many of them and so long! In the end, I did not even finish it (5-8 hours in). Not a game for me I guess. I don't like GTA4[/QUOTE]

That was basically me.It's fun,but it gets boring after awhile.It's not a short game either with all the minigames,sidestories,and other things.

[quote name='eldergamer']I couldn't make it past the first chapter of 4. Too much walking around, backtracking and -easy- random encounters.

It's a great detailed world, with lots happening in it but the plot just felt like it was dragging on. After playing 7-8 horus I was ready to move on to the next character's story, but no.....[/QUOTE]

i stopped playing it for months because of that then i finally went back to it and skipped all of the side shit i could just to see the ending.

I loved Yakuza 3, just finished it last month. I hated some of the orphanage stuff, but I kind of understood why they put it in. Like others said, if you watch the backstory of Yakuza 1/2 you probably won't have that hard of a time following the story. The different families/clans can get confusing but you'll figure it out.

I'll probably start on 4 soon.

I platted both Yakuza 3 and 4. I liked these games mainly for the story, but the side games are cool too. I bought yakuza 4 on newegg.com for $15 with shipping.

bread's done
Back