- - - - -

Madden NFL 13 - Out Now - Demo Out on 8/14

#31 Superstar   CAG Superstar! CAGiversary!   2081 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Superstar

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yeah cause heaven forbid people be upset over them taking out popular options like importing of draft classes, editing players, and being able to control all 32 teams for a mode that I don't think many people actually asked for.

I am not sure about those other options, but you still CAN control all 32 teams. People need to learn how to read. Being a “Coach” in connected careers is what franchise mode used to be while choosing to be a “Player” is more along the lines of Superstar mode.

You can go ahead and only play as one team, or whatever you think you are limited to, but I will be playing like I always have when Madden 13 comes out.

#32 KingofOldSchool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

KingofOldSchool

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

I am not sure about those other options, but you still CAN control all 32 teams. People need to learn how to read. Being a “Coach” in connected careers is what franchise mode used to be while choosing to be a “Player” is more along the lines of Superstar mode.

You can go ahead and only play as one team, or whatever you think you are limited to, but I will be playing like I always have when Madden 13 comes out.

Uhh maybe YOU should learn how to read.

It's been confirmed that you can only control one team in CC, regardless if you're a player or a coach.

Also, you can only play the game that your team is playing that week.

#33 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

http://www.easports....-13-demo-aug-14

The demo is out in two days:

Hi Madden NFL fans, I’m Patrick Bellanca, designer for Madden NFL 13. The start of the NFL season is almost here and Madden NFL 13’s August 28th release date is rapidly approaching, which means it’s time to talk about the Madden NFL 13 demo. The demo will be available as a free download on Tuesday, August 14th! This year’s demo is your first chance to experience the Infinity Engine, our all-new real time physics engine, and a sneak peek at a couple of home, away, and throwback Nike uniforms.

The Madden NFL 13 demo offers two Play Now matchups. One features the Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants visiting the San Francisco 49ers in a rematch of last season’s NFC Championship game. The other involves the Seattle Seahawks traveling to the Washington Redskins, who are of course led by rookie QB Robert Griffin III. And before you step onto the field for either of these matchups, you’ll get to check out the redesigned pregame presentation. That includes a broadcast TV-inspired segment that features some top players in the upcoming game you’re about to play, and is followed by Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in the booth talking about the story of the game.

On the field, you have access to everything that’s new in Madden NFL 13. This includes Total Control Passing to accurately place the ball anywhere on the field as the QB; the Ball Hawk mechanic to aggressively play the ball in the air as a defender; play action abort to cancel out of a play action when sensing pressure as a QB; use of Kinect (Xbox 360 only) to control pre-play audibles and adjustments with your voice; and of course the Infinity Engine that brings physics you can feel on every play.

We’re also going to be giving away free copies of Madden NFL 13. For a chance to win, complete a Madden NFL 13 demo game and share the results (from the end of game menu) across Twitter with the hashtag #Madden13Demo. One lucky winner every day will take home a VIP edition of Madden NFL 13 complete with some bonus swag.

We also encourage you to use the Madden NFL 13 demo to create yourself with a Game Face for use in the full version of the game on August 28th. This year marks the first time you will be able to put yourself in the game as a player or coach using your Game Face before leading a virtual version of yourself to gridiron glory. Visit http://www.easports.com/gameface for details.

The demo has a lot more too, like the new Main Menu Action Grid, new theme music, improved lighting with HDR, motion blur, an instant replay overhaul, and more. To sum it up, Madden NFL 13 is the most complete overhaul this series has seen in a generation, and we think fans have a lot to be excited about. And, of course, it all starts with the Madden NFL 13 demo on Tuesday, August 14th.

#34 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

I skimmed it and didn't see anything about the length of the demo. You will probably have to play 15 games to get to all of the new features since all they ever do is like 2 quarters at 3 minutes each.

#35 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

The last few years' demos had four five-minute quarters.

#36 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

I skimmed it and didn't see anything about the length of the demo. You will probably have to play 15 games to get to all of the new features since all they ever do is like 2 quarters at 3 minutes each.

5 min quarters
can choose difficulty
play by play is supposed to be in too (about time it's in the demo)

#37 TheBigAndy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TheBigAndy

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

I read online that the demo should be up between 2am and 2:30am PST, but it looks like that is wrong, I wonder what will happen first, downloading the demo or me falling asleep.

#38 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

http://marketplace.x...15-d80245418994

demo link

1.82 gb

#39 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Some first impressions:

Pump fakes take way too long. This seems to be "the new play action". Instead of just doing a quick fake to try to get a defensive player to pause, the QB now has to fully swing his arm, stop and then reset. In 12, I was able to pump fake, wait half a second, and then press the button for the receiver I wanted to throw to. Now, if you press too early, he'll just stand there waiting on the defense to pounce. It also doesn't help that pump fake has been moved to LB (I guess it makes sense if you think that all of your "receiver buttons" are now on the right side of the controller...but I'm going to have retrain my brain on that one).

There were also a few odd tackling animations which end up looking like players just falling down, but I guess you can attribute that to momentum/gravity/etc. Also, Patrick Willis seems to only have to breathe on someone to violently throw them to the ground, lol.

Another thing that I noticed which is fairly disconcerting is that although they were ahead by 3 points with 1:16 left in the 4th quarter, and I was out of timeouts, the AI was still passing the ball...which lead to an interception. I guess EA can claim "it's just the demo", but shouldn't football 101 fundamentals be something that is just built into the basic Madden coding at this point?

#40 KingofOldSchool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

KingofOldSchool

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Another thing that I noticed which is fairly disconcerting is that although they were ahead by 3 points with 1:16 left in the 4th quarter, and I was out of timeouts, the AI was still passing the ball...which lead to an interception. I guess EA can claim "it's just the demo", but shouldn't football 101 fundamentals be something that is just built into the basic Madden coding at this point?

Hasn't it always been this away?

Or at least it's been this way with SuperSim games.

*team is down 7 under 2 minutes to go at there own 20*

*run play*

*run play*

*game over*

#41 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hasn't it always been this away?

Or at least it's been this way with SuperSim games.

*team is down 7 under 2 minutes to go at there own 20*

*run play*

*run play*

*game over*

I thought the AI did a decent job with playcalls last year. Maybe at the end of the first half they wouldn't always manage the clock wisely. But when it came down to winning or losing a game, I thought they did a good job. This was on All-Pro, by the way. I'm playing a game on All-Madden now to see if it makes any difference.

In this All-Madden game, I've seen some horrible dropped passes. Like wide the hell open, looking right at the ball, and just doesn't catch it. One was to Helu and the other was to Morgan (78 and 83 catch ratings). This is the kind of "realism" that gets on my nerves. Yes, players drop easy catches sometimes. But this is a video game. If I make the right read and outsmart the defense, arbitrarily punishing me because somebody was "due" for a drop just pisses me off, lol. Just make the game about skill and leave the dumb luck out of it. If they want to make the game harder by making the defense play better, that would be awesome. But randomly screwing my team over doesn't equal a higher difficulty level.

EDIT - I do have to say though, player movement looks a lot better. I think that's EA's biggest strength...making the game look very smooth and crisp. The presentation is all right. I don't know that Jim Nantz and Phil Simms really bring anything different...but it takes a big effort to change the commentary completely, so you have to give them credit for that.

EDIT 2 - Ugh...for now I guess I'll just chalk this up to it being the Redskins, but in this All-Madden game, there were two drops, Griffin fumbled twice, and threw a pick because after the pump fake, it took so long to throw to the open receiver that the safety came down from over the top and jumped in front of him. Meanwhile, Matt Flynn threw a hail mary into quadruple coverage at the end of the first half and his receiver came up with it. That's enough for now, lol.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 14 August 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#42 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

All right, back at it again. I just got a nice pick 6 with Dashon Goldson, and as I'm about to flip into the endzone like a douchebag to celebrate, a Giants player comes charging at me from behind and tackles me mid flip! LOL...WTF EA? That's actually pretty hilarious, but damn! That had a very NFL Blitz feel to it, haha.

#43 TheBigAndy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TheBigAndy

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Then I played with the Seahawks and won 45-0...

#44 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14080 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

So from what I've read, I can't just play a franchise as say the Bears without tieing myself to either the coach or one of the players, is this accurate?

#45 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

So from what I've read, I can't just play a franchise as say the Bears without tieing myself to either the coach or one of the players, is this accurate?

Well, tying yourself to the coach would essentially be playing franchise as you always have. If you're concerned with getting fired, you can turn that off. Alternatively, you can create a new coach if you want to start from scratch (coaches are rated from Level 1 to Level 4...depending on level of experience/success). Actually playing the games would remain the same though.

If you tied yourself to a player (or created one), it would be like the "Superstar" mode that they've had in the past where you only play as that player.

#46 TheBigAndy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TheBigAndy

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Well, tying yourself to the coach would essentially be playing franchise as you always have. If you're concerned with getting fired, you can turn that off. Alternatively, you can create a new coach if you want to start from scratch (coaches are rated from Level 1 to Level 4...depending on level of experience/success). Actually playing the games would remain the same though.

If you tied yourself to a player (or created one), it would be like the "Superstar" mode that they've had in the past where you only play as that player.

That SUCKS! looks like I will be sinking most of my time into Ultimate team.

#47 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

That SUCKS! looks like I will be sinking most of my time into Ultimate team.

What sucks? If you want franchise to be basically the same as it always has been, just choose to be the coach of your favorite team.

#48 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14080 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

So what happens if you try to play Commected Careers OFFLINE? I just wonder if EA thought of the large percentage (1/2 to 2/3) that don't have their consoles connected?

#49 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

So what happens if you try to play Commected Careers OFFLINE? I just wonder if EA thought of the large percentage (1/2 to 2/3) that don't have their consoles connected?

You can do that. From my understanding, you just wouldn't "invite" anybody else to your connected career. You're not limited to just one either. You can have multiple save files, so if you wanted to do one as a coach, one as a player, etc, you could (you would control one team/player and the CPU would do the rest...just like in the past).

I'm pretty sure the only limitation is that you can't control all 32 teams like you used to be able to do in franchise. Also, I don't know if they'll have fantasy drafts in offline careers. I know they said online won't have them. I'm just not sure how many differences there will be (if any) between the two modes.

#50 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Bumping this up since it's out now.

#51 DeskLaser   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Has anybody tried going into the Loyalty Rewards section yet? It says you can get rewards (I think MUT packs) for playing past games. I know I have played all of the past Madden games, and NFL Tour, but it says I have not. Does it only work if I now play them again, after I have played Madden 13? I no longer own any of those games, and I doubt anyone else does either, so if that is the case, that is pretty dumb.

#52 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Worked for me had packs waiting for me and I didn't even know why, hadn't played them in forever

#53 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13136 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

You can do that. From my understanding, you just wouldn't "invite" anybody else to your connected career. You're not limited to just one either. You can have multiple save files, so if you wanted to do one as a coach, one as a player, etc, you could (you would control one team/player and the CPU would do the rest...just like in the past).

I'm pretty sure the only limitation is that you can't control all 32 teams like you used to be able to do in franchise. Also, I don't know if they'll have fantasy drafts in offline careers. I know they said online won't have them. I'm just not sure how many differences there will be (if any) between the two modes.

I guess that would be okay, still gonna have to test it out for myself though. Hopefully I can rent it soon

#54 TheBigAndy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TheBigAndy

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Has anyone found any good ways to earn a lot of coins on MUT yet?

#55 AceFan84   KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!! CAGiversary!   1794 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

So this is my first Madden since 2010 and I started my MUT today but it's different enough from the ones I'm used to (NHL and FIFA) that I have a few questions for you guys. When it comes to the players do they have an amount of games left in their career or is that not in the game? I don't want to play guys like Urlacher and L.T. if they only have 30 career games left, at least not until I play harder games. Also about the difficulty/scheduling... what the hell is the deal with the 32 teams schedules and then breaking them down into the preseason and regular season? Do you want to just pick a team's schedule and try to go through it all the way to get to the harder games with better rewards at the end of the season? And lastly, can you change the length of these games beyond the 2 minute quarters? It seems like not until very late in a season do the games get into the 4 and 5 minute quarters. I play with 8 minute quarters normally so it's a bit jarring for me to play with 2 min. quarters.

#56 Calipso   Der Metzgermeister CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

So this is my first Madden since 2010 and I started my MUT today but it's different enough from the ones I'm used to (NHL and FIFA) that I have a few questions for you guys. When it comes to the players do they have an amount of games left in their career or is that not in the game? I don't want to play guys like Urlacher and L.T. if they only have 30 career games left, at least not until I play harder games. Also about the difficulty/scheduling... what the hell is the deal with the 32 teams schedules and then breaking them down into the preseason and regular season? Do you want to just pick a team's schedule and try to go through it all the way to get to the harder games with better rewards at the end of the season? And lastly, can you change the length of these games beyond the 2 minute quarters? It seems like not until very late in a season do the games get into the 4 and 5 minute quarters. I play with 8 minute quarters normally so it's a bit jarring for me to play with 2 min. quarters.

Off-topic: Nice Rammstein pic in your sig.

#57 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3097 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Has anybody tried going into the Loyalty Rewards section yet? It says you can get rewards (I think MUT packs) for playing past games. I know I have played all of the past Madden games, and NFL Tour, but it says I have not. Does it only work if I now play them again, after I have played Madden 13? I no longer own any of those games, and I doubt anyone else does either, so if that is the case, that is pretty dumb.

Worked for me had packs waiting for me and I didn't even know why, hadn't played them in forever

Yeah I got 7 packs for all the previous games I had played and only two of them were even on the same system so it seems to all be linked to your Gamertag profile.

#58 doubledown   Funky Daddy CAGiversary!   11757 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

What is the BEST quarter length to use to get REAL stats to use in my Franchise/Career? I read something like 12 minutes with the accellerated clock on.

#59 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Has anyone found any good ways to earn a lot of coins on MUT yet?

I finally got a chance to take a long look at MUT yesterday, and wow...they made it a lot harder than last year. Last year, I had completed most of the sets (except the ridiculous ones that you basically HAD to pay for packs to complete that they started adding around the time the playoffs started). I also finished with about 3,000,000 coins. This year, holy crap! 35 cards PER TEAM...you hardly get anything back for adding cards to a collection...and selling players is nowhere near as lucrative. But yet, packs still cost a crap ton of coins.

The best thing I could figure from a day one perspective is just to start plugging away at the collections. There's no point in keeping any of those guys on your active roster because you can easily destroy the CPU with the scrub players you get from your starter set (especially if you picked a good RB for your captain). And really, there's not even a point to blowing out the CPU because you get the same reward whether you win 3-0 or 30-0. So, just get the lead, and kill the clock. Any player you get who doesn't go in a collection, send to your reserve cards, so you can use him in games once your starter cards run out of games on their contracts.

Other than that, I haven't found an "easy way" quite like there was last year. I'm sure selling cards will still help. It just doesn't seem like the quick cash in like it was last year. Last year, you could usually sell at least one player per pack...and that was at 10,000 coins. Then you could turn around and buy another pack for 9,000. Made it really easy to build up your collections and your coins at the same time (until you started hunting for one specific card and blew through 300,000 coins like it was nothing, lol). From what I could see, it seems like actually playing games will play a much bigger role this year. After you do the Lombardi challenge, I would just pick a team, and go through their preseason and regular season schedules...and just work your way through all the teams. Seems like it's going to be much more of a grind this year.

#60 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

I started up a RB career and I found a few bugs that were odd. My receiving yards were miscounted after my first pre-season game and I was somehow saddled with kickoff duty despite being an RB. I also had a hell of a time trying to start FG attempts because the A button doesn't hike the ball like every other play.

They really should've taken more notes from NCAA Football on how to handle career mode controls. If I'm not the QB, I shouldn't be hiking the ball and they should be offering better cameras for kickoffs and such. Despite this being the one year where Madden gets better stuff than NCAA, the Madden team sure doesn't seem to think that they need to pay attention at all to the standards that their little brother studio has set without the need to reinvent everything every year.