Vita - LittleBigPlanet - Out Now - Craftworld On The Go

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
7258909220_1ae72bff3f.jpg

Join Sackboy in a completely new adventure, filled with adventure and competition. New Touch controls lets you PLAY with more freedom. Customize Sackboy and the world around you with unique Touch and Camera CREATE tools. Then discover an endless amount of free games, created and SHARED by fans online.

Key Features

• TOUCH, Create, Share – Introducing new ways to play, including Front & Rear touch control and much more.
  • The more Sackboys, the better – Multiplayer fun with pass'n'play, multi-touch, and online play modes.
  • Endlessly Free Games Available online – Access thousands of games online, created by fans (like you) and enjoy new gaming experiences everyday.
  • Advanced tools – Create with new 'touch' tools and all the familiar 'pop-it' tools and costumes from LBP2 (PS3) to develop simple or complex games for everyone to enjoy.

Beta

The LittleBigPlanet community is about to get a very special treat! Very soon, many of you will have the opportunity to participate in the LittleBigPlanet Beta on PS Vita, where you will get an exclusive sneak peek at Sackboy’s latest portable adventure. We’re hoping to get a ton of feedback on the overall experience from the folks who know LBP best – and that means you! For a chance to take part in this exclusive event, head on over to our sign-up page to register. There will be much more info to follow. For now though, dust off your finest analytical hat, and prepare to dive into Sackboy’s latest escapade!

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfwm3jeHlzw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAyLhD5s0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ_YqwXgCcA

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be SO into Sony... I beta tested every thing game from PS2 to PSP, including hardware as well. Actively in GAP and an MVP on the forums... then it all changed and went to hell.

It seems Sony doesn't care about gaming like they used to. It should all be the way it used to be. I wonder how this beta will work. The questionnaire is way too vague.

There seems to be a lot of speculation on the release date for this game. A majority of the sites that I visit show a June release. A lot of people, especially redditors, seem to think it's a Fall release. Do we have any word from the developers? Maybe Google is lying to me... :)

[quote name='Romeo']I used to be SO into Sony... I beta tested every thing game from PS2 to PSP, including hardware as well. Actively in GAP and an MVP on the forums... then it all changed and went to hell.

It seems Sony doesn't care about gaming like they used to. It should all be the way it used to be. I wonder how this beta will work. The questionnaire is way too vague.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree here i was also a member of GAP as well as the Playstation Underground. I miss the days of receiving demo disk to preview games and random goodies for helping out the community. Wish Sony would go back to that, as far as i can tell after the network crash they never brought GAP back.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/24/littlebigplanet-for-ps-vita-a-peek-behind-the-curtain/

We have box art and a new video:
We know that it’s been all-too-quiet on the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita front lately, so we are pleased to share some very exciting news with you all…Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to introduce the lovely box art for Sackboy’s latest adventure!

7258909220_1ae72bff3f.jpg

But wait, there’s more! We know many of you have asked for more video footage of the game, so we created a brand new featurette which will give you all a look behind the curtain of LBP for PS Vita. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BxvQBZMz4E

Remember to follow LittleBigPlanet on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with all the latest news.

Waiting on a code too. Hopefully we all get one. Since its not like there's a ton of people that own Vita's then itll be an even smaller pool from that group that actually signed up you'd think we'd all get in

Playing the beta a few days now and I got to say, some of this is far more challenging than the PC version. Love some of the control things they have worked out. Some stuff is frustrating though.

got in on the beta, don't even remember signing up for it haha. but yeah initially the game was locking up and crashing on me, then i realized there was a patch and made it run waaay better.

Yeah, so far I'm having the same problem with LBP Vita as I had with the original LBP: I just can't get the little bastard to go where I want. I don't think it's a bug as such, I just think I'm very, very bad at LBP. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/25/littlebigplanet-vita-e3-videos-pre-order-bonuses-revealed/

Pre-order details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRs7LqswtvY

Starting today, LittleBigPlanet fans will be able to pre-order the upcoming PS Vita installment of the game, and those who do will get themselves a snazzy set of bonus costumes as a big thank you! The bonus costumes include the iconic Big Daddy and Little Sister from BioShock, as well as new Knights of Old costumes to dress up your Sackboy or Sackgirl as a knight, damsel in distress, black knight, or a fearsome dragon. The details of this offer will vary depending on which country you live in or where you pre-order from, but here are some pictures of the costumes to whet your appetite.

7416111716_fa4f6ee32e.jpg
7421303584_513f704e72.jpg

Pretty cool, right? What’s especially neat is that the particular colors of these pre-order Knights of Old costumes will remain exclusive forever!

In other news, as you might have heard E3 took place last week in sunny Los Angeles. We had a great time showing off LittleBigPlanet PS Vita to everyone who came by and got an amazing response. Here’s what a few media outlets had to say.

Editor’s Choice – Polygon (winner)
Best Vita Game – IGN (nomination)
Best Platforming Game – IGN (nomination)
Best Sony Exclusive – Digital Trends (nomination)
Best Handheld Game – Digital Trends (nomination)
Best Portable Game – Destructoid (nomination)

Polygon said: “Creating is just… more fun than it has been, effectively turning fingerpainting into a method of drawing tangible platforms and objects in the environment.”

IGN was really impressed by the Memoriser, which is just one of the many new features of the game: “[LittleBigPlanet PS Vita] could be the gateway to infinite PlayStation Vita games. It’ll create an App Store for the Vita where all the games are free and can be uploaded and downloaded via 3G.”

At the top of this page, you can check out the new trailer for the game we showed off at E3. You can also watch our live demo with the PlayStation.Blog team here. Finally, here’s a video of a demo we gave the Los Angeles Times at the convention.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ta-launching-september-25th-in-north-america/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AicGhLfwn8&feature=player_embedded

It’s time. Time to reveal the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita release date! The game will be available in North America on Tuesday, September 25th. That’s right, in just a few short weeks you’ll experience Sackboy’s next adventure, set on the mysterious traveling planet of Carnivalia.

We’ve put together a featurette video for the game, which you can watch up at the top of this post. The video will tell you a little bit more about LittleBigPlanet Vita’s story.

Thanks to PS Vita’s unique features, you’ll be able to play completely new game experiences and share your levels with the world wherever you are and whenever you feel like it. You can take pictures of anything you see while you’re out and about, and use them to decorate Sackboy or customize your level. It’s never been easier to make your cat or dog the hero of your level!

By the way, it’s not too late to pre-order the game and get some bonus BioShock or Knights of Old costumes.

[quote name='TheHelix']Anyone get beta invites for this?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by that? The old beta, or a current recent one?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/16/gamescom-2012-littlebigplanet-recap/

They've confirmed that every LBP costume will work with LBP Vita:
Customization is a BIG part of LittleBigPlanet. Being able to modify your Sackboy or Sackgirl is a way for players to personalize their experience, while also bringing a variety of different franchises and entertainment properties into the LBP universe. We recognize this and have decided that we can’t ask all you LittleBigPlaneteers to fully enjoy the upcoming LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting without an amazing assortment of costumes at your disposal.

So, we’re going to let you bring the costumes that you bought for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 along with you… at no extra cost!

Not only that, but for any new costumes that take your fancy, you will only ever need to purchase the costume once and you’ll have access to it across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, and LittleBigPlanet Karting!

If you’ve forgotten just how fabulous you can look in LittleBigPlanet, check out all the costumes we’ve released to date here and have a little window shop, whilst we rush back to LittleBigPlanet HQ and make everything just perfect for you*.

*Here’s the fine print: There are a heck of a lot of costumes and it’s going to take us a little while to get them all tailored, pressed, and packaged up. You will get some at launch and then we’ll be adding the rest later on, but rest assured you will get them!

We’re not going to be able to bring either of the Assassin’s Creed costumes (the Ezio Auditore Costume from Assassin’s Creed Revelations and Ezio Auditore Costume from Assassin’s Creed II) or the April Fools Fragrance Costume (Hessian Sackboy Fragrances) to LittleBigPlanet Karting at this time, but all the other downloadable costumes will be available so there’s no excuse for not turning heads as you gad about and race through the Omniverse.

Also, new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5wLygejfYA

Just bought this at the local Gamestop. Did the release date change? The store just got them in, literally the UPS guy was leaving when I pulled up. Asked the guy about it and he sold it to me. I didn't think it released until 9/25, but asked anyway.

[quote name='nickerous']Just bought this at the local Gamestop. Did the release date change? The store just got them in, literally the UPS guy was leaving when I pulled up. Asked the guy about it and he sold it to me. I didn't think it released until 9/25, but asked anyway.[/QUOTE]

They removed the street date. Only Gamestop so far though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/15/sackboy-popping-up-early-on-ps-vita/

Hi everyone – production on LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita was completed earlier than expected, and due to the excitement from our retail partners, some have decided to put it on shelves as soon as the product was received. You’ll still be able to fully enjoy all the offline features of the game, but the servers will not go live until September 18th. We apologize for any confusion this may cause and will keep you posted on any further updates.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...anet-ps-vita-trailer-early-review-highlights/
7986946550_2194e05109_m.jpg

7986946506_83a71baca7_z.jpg

PlayStation Store Digital Version Bonus Goodies!

If you purchase the digital version of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita within the first week of the game’s release, you will not only receive a digital copy of the game, but you will also be entitled to both of the above costume packs! This means that your week one purchase of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita on PSN will also nab you the BioShock Minipack and the Knights of the Old Pre-Order Costume Pack!

Celebrate the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launch with Us

It wouldn’t be a new LittleBigPlanet game if we didn’t have some special surprises in store for you to help us celebrate the release. And for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, we’ve got a couple of costume releases that really fit the bill.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Rare T-Shirt

Long-time fans of LittleBigPlanet will know that we like to celebrate the release of a new LittleBigPlanet game with the release of an extra-special Rare T-Shirt that will be available for just one week only. So, allow me to present to you, the Rare LittleBigPlanet PS Vita T-Shirt!

7986946384_044a30b5aa_n.jpg

This rather snazzy Rare T-Shirt will suit any Sackboy or Sackgirl’s personality by automatically matching the color of the t-shirt with their chosen Popit color. And with a simply adorable animation on the front, who could possibly resist adding this costume to their wardrobe of costume delights for LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, or LittleBigPlanet Karting?

Don’t forget that the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Rare T-Shirt will only be available for a very limited amount of time! It can be snapped up next week for $4.99; don’t delay in picking it up because once it’s gone, it’s gone forever!

The Launch Space Suit Returns!

Reserved for the launch of a brand new LittleBigPlanet game, we have the ever-popular Launch Space Suit returning to PlayStation Store next week. The Launch Space Suit is free, and will also be returning for just one week, so don’t miss out on this astronomical attire for Sackboy.

7986936973_ceec46883f_n.jpg

Want to see how PS Vita’s features bring LittleBigPlanet PS Vita to life? Check out the trailer below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5wLygejfYA

Got the game and beat the story already. The bosses are awesome.
Looking for friends to do the 2x parts and for some of the multiplayer trophies.
Uploaded my first level. Wheel of La Marionetta.

I just picked up the game. According to what I read servers should have been up as of the 18th but I get messages that the store and such are unavailable. Anybody else gotten online?

The store won't be up till Tuesday, but online features such as level sharing and multiplayer have been working since the 18th. See you online!

Just figured that out after playing around. For some reason it wasn't connecting. Then of course after I post I star getting leader boards and can connect to the community. Just can't get to the store like you said. I want my Kratos costume!

Thanks for the response, though. :)

Hmm, glad there's something finally there. Although, you cannot access the store directly through the game (probably need a game patch for that to work).

A bit disappointed that instead of making sure that all the existing content was there, they simply tried to make more stuff to sell. They didn't say anything about restrictions with the Sonic customes, yet they're nowhere to be found.
And boy some of the new stuff they made just looks really lame...

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, glad there's something finally there. Although, you cannot access the store directly through the game (probably need a game patch for that to work).

A bit disappointed that instead of making sure that all the existing content was there, they simply tried to make more stuff to sell. They didn't say anything about restrictions with the Sonic customes, yet they're nowhere to be found.
And boy some of the new stuff they made just looks really lame...[/QUOTE]
Huh? They said upfront that they weren't going to be able to get all of the DLC up there on Day 1, so I don't know how you're disappointed that they kept their promise. The only new thing they're selling is the launch week shirt that they always offer for each new game.

*Here’s the fine print: There are a heck of a lot of costumes and it’s going to take us a little while to get them all tailored, pressed, and packaged up. You will get some at launch and then we’ll be adding the rest later on, but rest assured you will get them!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/16/gamescom-2012-littlebigplanet-recap/

I should probably just be thankful that they're doing this much. I didn't even know about this promotion until after I bought the game.
I'll just slow down through the campaign, so I can use some of the content that's still to come.

Beta testers were sent an email with a code for a special outfit (it's a yellow vest with a script "B" on the left chest). Since there is approximately a 0% chance that I'll buy this game, I'll give it away here:

NADC-92N2-T6A2

I'm assuming it's unique, so post if you use it. If it's tied to my account . . . well, sorry.

[quote name='pob14']Beta testers were sent an email with a code for a special outfit (it's a yellow vest with a script "B" on the left chest). Since there is approximately a 0% chance that I'll buy this game, I'll give it away here:

NADC-92N2-T6A2

I'm assuming it's unique, so post if you use it. If it's tied to my account . . . well, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks got it. I really wanted to try the beta but was too late for registering.

So again thanks.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Thanks got it. I really wanted to try the beta but was too late for registering.

So again thanks.[/QUOTE]
You're welcome, enjoy.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Weren't you supposed to be able to use the Vita as a controller for LBP2, or did they scrap that idea?[/QUOTE]
It's still coming.

So when I put in the code that was in my case for the pre-order bonus but it only acts as my online pass. How do I get the Bioshock and Knight costumes?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']So when I put in the code that was in my case for the pre-order bonus but it only acts as my online pass. How do I get the Bioshock and Knight costumes?[/QUOTE]

That was an apparent misprint on Sony's end. The only way to get the customes was to have pre-ordered the game. Gamestop code would've been on your receipt, and others retailers would've provided it through other means.

Finished the main campaign. Very nice game for the most part. I felt they started to lose their 'magic' with the last few levels. They seemed annoying and repetitive, as opposed to the 'freshness' associated with the earlier content of the game.
The last boss was unnecessarily difficult, and worse than the LBP 2 boss. With the next iteration, they should really look into a 'skip scene' option for the boss fights. If you don't catch the pattern quickly, you're guaranteed to see the stupid intro a few times.

Good to hear the campaign seems to be fun. How is the user created content thus far? I am considering getting a Vita and this would be one of the games I would look to pick up.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Good to hear the campaign seems to be fun. How is the user created content thus far? I am considering getting a Vita and this would be one of the games I would look to pick up.[/QUOTE]

UGC is hit and miss as one would expect but there are some cool levels out there (you can look up levels on LBP.me and add them to your queue). Touch screen use in levels is surprisingly really fun.

bread's done
Back