Anyone But Obama...

I wanted to post this but forgot. Isn't dmaul from W. VA? Either way, that most of the people didn't even know who we haw says a lot I think. That these folks hate Obama so much they'd vote for someone not even knowing who they are. Dude could have been a neo nazi for all they knew.

I wonder how it would work if someone serving a prison sentence was actually elected president...

Initially, I wondered how he/she'd serve from the cell. Then, I wondered if he/she would be allowed to pardon his/her self..

Hm.

Someone needs to make this movie.

I dislike the phrase as well. Vote for a candidate you believe in rather than voting against a candidate. If your preferred candidate is not red or blue, go for a third party.

Operation Chaos doesn't apply here because Republicans could not vote in the Democratic primary.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...s-well-against-obama-in-west-virginia-primary

"West Virginia has a closed primary — meaning that if you are a member of one of the major parties (Democratic, Mountain, Republican) you may only vote the ballot of the party in which you are registered. [But] all of the major parties in West Virginia allow members of minor parties and unaffiliated voters to vote their ballots upon request."

The only ones who could muck up the process would be Libertarians or something. I doubt they have the numbers to do this.

Yeah I grew up in WV and my parents still live there. It's a miserable place so that story didn't surprise me at all unfortunately.

Between the racism in one of the whitest states and the coal industry people lobbying actively against his energy policies, people in wv despise Obama.

^ Y'ever see a documentary called The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? Its available on Netflix Streaming. IMHO its required viewing for anyone who grew up in WV and left.

[quote name='Spokker']I dislike the phrase as well. Vote for a candidate you believe in rather than voting against a candidate. If your preferred candidate is not red or blue, go for a third party.[/QUOTE]
I don't like either of the major party candidates for president this time, especially if that health care bs that Obama signed into law actually does REQUIRE me to pay for health care.:bomb:

Oh well. I guess if I can't pay for it myself, then my fellow taxpayers will foot the bill, since I sure as shit am not gonna go donate plasma or whatever I'd have to do to scrape up money for health insurance because some fuckin' idiots in gov't decided they wanna give the health care industry more money.:roll::whistle2:#

As for my candidate, I already mentioned him on another thread: Vermin Supreme. Look him up.;):D

[quote name='EdRyder']^ Y'ever see a documentary called The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? Its available on Netflix Streaming. IMHO its required viewing for anyone who grew up in WV and left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I saw that a while back. Thankfully that's an extreme example of the worst of the worst of wv white trash. But sadly there are too many families like that in the state so it's not a totally isolated case.

Thankfully I grew up in north central wv which, while still sucking, isn't nearly as bad as the southern part of the state.

[quote name='Spokker']I dislike the phrase as well. Vote for a candidate you believe in rather than voting against a candidate. If your preferred candidate is not red or blue, go for a third party. [/QUOTE]

There were a lot of people saying "Anyone but Bush" in 2004. It's an unfortunate side effect of having an election system that makes it nearly impossible for anyone outside the two parties from gaining any traction. Instead of having enough choices where you're likely to find someone you get get behind, you're left with Choice A and Choice B, and if you aren't wild about either, it comes down to voting for the one you dislike less.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah. I saw that a while back. Thankfully that's an extreme example of the worst of the worst of wv white trash. But sadly there are too many families like that in the state so it's not a totally isolated case.

Thankfully I grew up in north central wv which, while still sucking, isn't nearly as bad as the southern part of the state.[/QUOTE]

Can you do the jangly leg dance?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah. I saw that a while back. Thankfully that's an extreme example of the worst of the worst of wv white trash. But sadly there are too many families like that in the state so it's not a totally isolated case.

Thankfully I grew up in north central wv which, while still sucking, isn't nearly as bad as the southern part of the state.[/QUOTE]

All of that goes without saying :)

[quote name='Cantatus']There were a lot of people saying "Anyone but Bush" in 2004. It's an unfortunate side effect of having an election system that makes it nearly impossible for anyone outside the two parties from gaining any traction. Instead of having enough choices where you're likely to find someone you get get behind, you're left with Choice A and Choice B, and if you aren't wild about either, it comes down to voting for the one you dislike less.[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY my view. I just don't vote. For whatever reason, to make myself feel better, I'm choosing to vote this year. I'll vote for the person I think is least dangerous to me personally, and this year it would be Obama. That is if I ever swallow the pill of having to pay for postage on my damn voter re-registration...seriously...this isn't paid postage by the Feds? I can donate to a political party on my tax return, but they can't pay the return goddamn postage on a voter registration card?

[quote name='berzirk']That is if I ever swallow the pill of having to pay for postage on my damn voter re-registration...seriously...this isn't paid postage by the Feds? I can donate to a political party on my tax return, but they can't pay the return goddamn postage on a voter registration card?[/QUOTE]
?? Double check that dude.
In Illinois where I grew up , The Secretary of States office pays for that postage. And now here in TN , They pay for its still except, there's a special 'template' you have to fill out online

[quote name='EdRyder']?? Double check that dude.
In Illinois where I grew up , The Secretary of States office pays for that postage. And now here in TN , They pay for its still except, there's a special 'template' you have to fill out online[/QUOTE]

Yah, I looked into it. In Oregon it would appear I pay my own postage. There isn't even a drop off at the county office, which truly amazed me.

EDIT: Actually, on a whim I checked again, and apparently I can submit registration online for free. Just completed it. Hopefully it goes through. Thanks for being the incentive to double check! Now I can prepare to be disgusted with my candidate options for years to come! :p

[quote name='Dead of Knight']West Virginia. Really, that's all you got Uncle Bob? Those people would still have slavery if they could.[/QUOTE]

West Virginia seceded from the Confederacy!

Yeah. WV wasn't a slave state and broke away from Virginia to become a seperate state over that and other confederacy issues.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']West Virginia. Really, that's all you got Uncle Bob?[/QUOTE]

"Really?"

I was providing an interesting news story - and even speculated that it was due to what amounts to foul play (until I was shown otherwise)... I've no alternative agenda to show that no one like Obama or anything.

I live in southern WV and I can tell you it was most likely "Anybody but the black guy". It embarrassed me personally. My wife and I are grabbing our kids and getting the hell out of here ASAP. It's sad. I grew up here and it just didn't seem as bad back then.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal'] My wife and I are grabbing our kids and getting the hell out of here ASAP.[/QUOTE]What city are you moving to?

I don't see the problem with this. So what?? A criminal won the last what?.. dozen presidential elections at least or a majority of all presidential elections were won by criminals. Most of our politicians are criminals. So now to get pissy because a different criminal got a big portion of some matters not vote who cares.
I read that there are more democrats in WV then Republicans. So I guess it's true what is said about those Libs then huh? (for those talking smack about WV)
Besides obama pretty much laid out how he feels about the real working class (not his union buddies) in states like WV and in industrial towns to him they are yocals clinging to their guns and religion. An elitist like obama or the majority of our politicians have no clue what the hell they are talking about or any idea what it is to really WORK and struggle day to day just to survive.:roll:

:cool:;)

Last edited:
[quote name='Spokker']What city are you moving to?[/QUOTE]

Hawaii maybe? Another democrat ran democrat majority state that is racist as hell. With black people being at the tip top of that racist ire.

Love those democrats. So open and accepting. :roll:

Maybe they can move to where there are more people like them. ;)

WV democrats aren't liberals. It's just a poor state so people support welfar, Medicaid/Medicare etc. and aren't big on corporate types.

But people are very socially conservative, religious and intolerant. Anti-intellectualism runs rampant etc.

It's a miserable place and I wouldn't move back there for any amount of money. Wish my retired parents would move so I never had to go back period.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I live in southern WV and I can tell you it was most likely "Anybody but the black guy". It embarrassed me personally. My wife and I are grabbing our kids and getting the hell out of here ASAP. It's sad. I grew up here and it just didn't seem as bad back then.[/QUOTE]

This is what I meant. Ok, so they broke away from Virginia over 150 years ago. But now? They're far derpier than Virginia!

[quote name='dmaul1114']WV democrats aren't liberals. It's just a poor state so people support welfar, Medicaid/Medicare etc. and aren't big on corporate types.

But people are very socially conservative, religious and intolerant. Anti-intellectualism runs rampant etc.

It's a miserable place and I wouldn't move back there for any amount of money. Wish my retired parents would move so I never had to go back period.[/QUOTE]

I was being half sarcastic. The point being that just because there is a D on it or next to someone's name doesn't mean anyone should ever blindly vote for it. I have been around long enough to see corporate D's, conservative D's, racist D's,and self serving D's and the other way around. Heck I remember when the D's were against civil rights and were war mongerers heck I even remember a majority of D's publically and also with vote backed the now so called Bush's War. (WV was one).

It is the same game on both sides of the corruption, power, and money political fence and just because they turn the fence around or on end once and a while or some politician attaches themselves to the side that will best serve their greed and need the majority of D's and R's are part of that same fence. Thus we are left with the two-party illusion system. Then we are left to always feel like we are just giving our vote to the lessor of the two evils )or "lessor of two weevils") . You know the old I don't like either one so I will go with the party or with the less worse of the two.

In Hawaii the D's are what you would picture some of the worst of the greedy R's to be. It is just an illusion meant to create more power and money for them and their corporate or business partners. I could go on (but will not) about the BS and corruption here as it is some of the worst I have ever seen in all my travels/experience.

On a whole the D's have played it well of late but it is still the same game of illusions.

P.S. Don't get me started on unions and corruption as if anyone is old enough here would know damn well what that is about in most cases. It is a broken system that has been corrupted at its core and is a political tool for the unsavory (which is most politicians).

Last edited:
[quote name='Pliskin101']I was being half sarcastic. The point being that just because there is a D on it or next to someone's name doesn't mean anyone should ever blindly vote for it. I have been around long enough to see corporate D's, conservative D's, racist D's,and self serving D's and the other way around. Heck I remember when the D's were against civil rights [/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqhoVIh65k

Democrats are still racist, it's just a different kind of racism. That discussion begins at 3:55.

LOLZ...yeah, the modern GOP is a bastion of modern day civil rights activists that put the Democrats to shame. Oh...and there's no such thing as the Southern Strategy. The mental backflips you two chuckleheads make would make ninjas jealous.

Btw, that video has Glen Beck levels of derpitude. With that fuckers logic, North Korea is a democratic people's republic. Talk about being intellectually bankrupt...

So are you telling me there are no racist democrats? Isn't that what the bulk of this thread is saying? That those dems that voted this way in WV did it because of racism?
Are you seriously saying all democrats hold the same values, morals, beliefs, wants etc?

Some people really have a hard time grasping the obvious.

Do you vote blindly for any D? If so that is sad.

I consider myself to be pretty liberal but there are many many many D's I would never ever vote for. They are a sham and a lie.

If McCain hadn't teamed up with the beauty queen he would have got my vote. This year it looks like it will be that age old thing...I will have to vote for the lessor of the two weevils. Crying Shame.

Edit: Comprehend much? I actually called the bulk of R's and D's Bullshite. I will even say the bulk of ALL politicians are full of shite.
(have not watched the video yet)

[quote name='Pliskin101']So are you telling me there are no racist democrats? Isn't that what the bulk of this thread is saying? That those dems that voted this way in WV did it because of racism?
Are you seriously saying all democrats hold the same values, morals, beliefs, wants etc?[/quote]
You're barking up the wrong tree with this trope.

Some people really have a hard time grasping the obvious.
There's "obvious" phenomenon and then there are things that "obvious" phenomenon are made of.

If you want to say that a lot of self-affiliating Democrats are racist, I'll give you that. But as a party, current Democrats don't hold a candle to the kind of shit coming out of Republican mouths regardless of where the parties are getting their money from. Post 60's Republicans aren't the same as the party of Lincoln and post 60's Democrats aren't the party of the KKK.

You say that you remember when Democrats were the party of Jim Crow and segregation? Well, you must have selective amnesia because you're forgetting how the votes were split along the Mason-Dixon.

Do you vote blindly for any D? If so that is sad.
:roll:

I consider myself to be pretty liberal but there are many many many D's I would never ever vote for. They are a sham and a lie.
:rofl: Yeah, nothing like using nebulous right-wing terms like "agenda" or whatever the hell else you said to show your progressive chops.

If McCain hadn't teamed up with the beauty queen he would have got my vote. This year it looks like it will be that age old thing...I will have to vote for the lessor of the two weevils. Crying Shame.
HAHAHA...yeah, McCain...the TRUE liberal candidate of 2008.

Edit: Comprehend much? I actually called the bulk of R's and D's Bullshite. I will even say the bulk of ALL politicians are full of shite.
(have not watched the video yet)
If you did, then my post would make shitloads more sense, but just like how you were before your little vacation, you couldn't ass yourself to put any time or effort into anything.

Okay I get it as I did months ago. You want to make this thread about republicans and that you do not like republicans and that you have no ability to comprehend beyond your narrow view.
Well here is a news flash it is about Democrats in WV voting for a prisoner over Obama. Thus my points about politics and things aren't always as simple as keeping the party line no matter what no matter where. While you may be a simpleton the grown ups of the world know that things aren't as simple as R and D. It is about different people different areas different beliefs even within the same political party.

I never said McCain was a liberal. Again the comprehension issue is at play. I lean liberal but will not blindly vote for any D and in the last election saw McCain as a better choice until beauty queen maverick came on board. The same goes if I was more conservative I would not blindly vote for an R just because it is an R. Just as I don't think that all republicans are racist rich idiots nor do i think all D's are out of touch hippie turned elite liberal idiots.

I will say it AGAIN right now in time the D's are playing the better game and representing more even though the bulk of what they do along with the R's is still the same old political list of BS that I listed.

If you want to be blind then that is your freedom. I have to much experience and intelligence to be so naive.

[quote name='Pliskin101'] I lean liberal[/QUOTE]

What do you lean liberal in that would make you vote for McCain? I thought McCain was okay, but I didn't think he really held any liberal positions.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Okay I get it as I did months ago. You want to make this thread about republicans and that you do not like republicans and that you have no ability to comprehend beyond your narrow view.[/quote]
HAAHHA...yeah, me pointing out that the Mason-Dixon Line was a bigger factor than political party pre-Civil Rights Act is a narrow view of history. As opposed to the Republican party that freed the slaves is the same Republican party today or how the white supremacist Dixiecrats are the same as the Democrats today.

Well here is a news flash it is about Democrats in WV voting for a prisoner over Obama. Thus my points about politics and things aren't always as simple as keeping the party line no matter what no matter where. While you may be a simpleton the grown ups of the world know that things aren't as simple as R and D. It is about different people different areas different beliefs even within the same political party.
So you, a person that can barely scrounge up any facts or bother to go into any depth in an argument, want to lecture me on the nuance of politics? Me, a person that lives in LIEberal Taxachusetts, for whom 4 out of the last 6 elections went to Republicans, elected Scott Brown to the Senate, had Romneycare implemented, and you think I need a lesson on regional politics and fickle voters? Does even half of the stuff I advocate for even show up on the Democratic party line? Hell, I'm more philosophically aligned with the Greens than the Democrats, but for you to draw that conclusion, you'd have to look beyond party lines right?:roll:

I never said McCain was a liberal. Again the comprehension issue is at play. I lean liberal but will not blindly vote for any D and in the last election saw McCain as a better choice until beauty queen maverick came on board. The same goes if I was more conservative I would not blindly vote for an R just because it is an R. Just as I don't think that all republicans are racist rich idiots nor do i think all D's are out of touch hippie turned elite liberal idiots.
I comprehend just fine; it's your writing and thoughts that are incomprehensible. Or maybe you can tell me how someone that says they're "pretty liberal" to vote for the least liberal candidate of the two. At this point, I don't even know if you know what liberal means. Or maybe you should describe the type of liberal you self-identify as ie classic, neo, progressive, limousine, etc. From your nonsensical ramblings, I'm guessing you're taking the liber- part and adding -tarian to it.

I will say it AGAIN right now in time the D's are playing the better game and representing more even though the bulk of what they do along with the R's is still the same old political list of BS that I listed.
Representing more? More what?

If you want to be blind then that is your freedom. I have to much experience and intelligence to be so naive.
Shyeah...ok.:roll:

Did you watch the video yet?

[quote name='Clak']What do you think of that fingers in ears approach to sex education our wonderful state just passed?[/QUOTE]
Dont say Gay? oh fuck , I said it.
I'm not proud of much this state does. Insult to injury when our Governor wants to piss and moan about it because his party got hijacked by the fundies.

I was however extremely proud with what Eddie Bass tried to do. Republicans didnt take that bait but, it was a stroke of motherfuckin genius. Democrats everywhere should grow a pair that big
:lol:

[quote name='EdRyder']Dont say Gay? oh fuck , I said it.
I'm not proud of much this state does. Insult to injury when our Governor wants to piss and moan about it because his party got hijacked by the fundies.

I was however extremely proud with what Eddie Bass tried to do. Republicans didnt take that bait but, it was a stroke of motherfuckin genius. Democrats everywhere should grow a pair that big
:lol:[/QUOTE]
The college groups thing that started with Vanderbilt saddens me the most. A school tries to make clubs more open and they get shit on for it.

And this is the justification for a new law stopping schools from doing it:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3b7fa3f87d374a23b8f414b2581537c7/TN-XGR--Final-Days/
"Let's remember that college students like to put on a little chicanery there," Dunn said on the House floor last week. "You could see where a group would get together and say, 'Hey, let's go join the Baptist group and then get our own leader in there, and then we'll go ahead and say the Baptist group is now holding a Satan worship or something.
Wtf is it with old people and using outdated phrases like "chicanery"?

[quote name='dohdough']
Btw, that video has Glen Beck levels of derpitude. With that fuckers logic, North Korea is a democratic people's republic. Talk about being intellectually bankrupt...[/QUOTE]
No, it is verifiable Democratic strategy to call the opposition racist.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...ial/house-dems-trained-make-race-issue/537146

House Democrats received training this week on how to address the issue of race to defend government programs, according to training materials obtained by The Washington Examiner.

The prepared content of a Tuesday presentation to the House Democratic Caucus and staff indicates that Democrats will seek to portray apparently neutral free-market rhetoric as being charged with racial bias, conscious or unconscious.

The prepared content of a Tuesday presentation to the House Democratic Caucus and staff indicates that Democrats will seek to portray apparently neutral free-market rhetoric as being charged with racial bias, conscious or unconscious.

Heres the 1st example of "apparently neutral free-market rhetoric" contained in the article.

As samples of race-coded rhetoric, Wiley reminded the Democrats of statements by Republican presidential candidates Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. Of Gingrich's famous comment about President Obama, her distributed remarks note, "Calling a Black man 'the food stamp president' is not a race-neutral statement, even if Newt Gingrich did not intend racism.

Is that " apparently neutral free-market rhetoric" to you?

The second example is a quote from Eric Cantor ""I've never believed that you go raise taxes on those that are paying in, taking from them, so that you just hand out and give them to someone else."

This article does prove a strategy , but not the one it intended

I could see that given the quote one might be lead to believe Cantor was talking about all taxes in general. He wasnt. The entire quote
I’ve never believed that you go and raise taxes on those who have been successful that are paying in, taking from them, so that you just hand out and give to someone else. Those someone else want hand-ups. They want the ability to get up the ladder.

The context, as per usual with Cantor ,involves the Macro( broadening the base of tax payers)
But if you read the written word , the hole here in this instance is he's specifically talking about the micro (the individual) If it encompasses the Macro of all things subsidized, all things government sponsored, from the Military Industrial Complex to the Prison System, Big Corn , etc etc. Then I have to ask the question. If we're building a Ladder , who's meant to climb it?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']West Virginia. Really, that's all you got Uncle Bob? Those people would still have slavery if they could.[/QUOTE]

Even if WV hadn't seceded from Virginia, I don't think many residents would've had the money to own slaves.

There also just wasn't/isn't many big farms/plantations in WV, so there wasn't as much need for slave labor.

It's called the mountain state for a reason. Just not enough big, flat plains for any large scale farming. Farming there is more focused on raising livestock than crops.

bread's done
Back