Spider-Man Edge of Time PS3 ($22.19) / 360 ($21.77) at Amazon

man, if only I made it thru more than 5 mins of Shattered Dimensions I'd consider this..but I'll wait for less than $15..

[quote name='KrebStar']I loved Shattered Dimensions, but had to force myself to finish this one.[/QUOTE]
I loved Shattered Dimensions as well, what would you say went wrong with this one?

(I personally enjoyed the 2099 & Amazing much more than Noire)

No thanks. I used to think Ultimate Spider Man was the best in terms of gameplay until I found out it just stole the good elements from Spider Man 2. Since then Spider Man games have just been awful. Fanboys are raving about the new one coming out about how its gonna rival Arkham City but eh.. Spider Man games always have big hype then turn out to be vicious lies. My poor wallet. Never again. Never again.

[quote name='Kerig']I loved Shattered Dimensions as well, what would you say went wrong with this one?

(I personally enjoyed the 2099 & Amazing much more than Noire)[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure. I too preferred 2099/Amazing in SD, so I was expecting this to be a good one. I guess the simplicity of the combat, combined with pretty boring objectives/areas started to wear on me by the second half of the game.

I wouldn't say it's a bad game, it just felt more like downgraded dlc than a whole new game. I wouldn't have been terribly upset if I paid 20 bucks for it, but I think 15 or so would be more appropriate.

I was gonna pull the trigger on this one for $21 but after hearing all these opinions, nah, I am gonna wait for a price drop.

Mine is still sitting sealed....
If anybody was thinking about buying but want to save an extra buck and not worry about getting $25 free shipping, cml

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this from Blockbuster Online during a free trial and still felt ripped off. I beat it, but there are some extremely cringeworthy parts thorught. Wait for $10 or less

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I got this from Blockbuster Online during a free trial and still felt ripped off. I beat it, but there are some extremely cringeworthy parts thorught. Wait for $10 or less[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming my current hold out plan. Been a few times in the past (GoHastings, even Amazon Market) where it hit $16-20ish and I've held firm. Thinking 12.99 or bust for me (if you search this sort of thing Gamefly, pay attention. ;-) )

Rented this from gamefly, and couldn't finish it. I enjoyed shattered dimensions, more than reviewers so thought this might be decent.
But this game started off poorly (crawling through vent ducts for way too long), the plot is abrupt and confusing, and the controls, path finding, environments are all a letdown.

Got this last month off a Gohastings.com sale used for 15 bucks. I wouldn't say this price is worth it unless you're a huge Spider-Man fan. Game wasn't very good ..... pretty damn boring. SD was def. better, save your money for the Amazing Spider-Man, I have faith in that one because they were developing it while they were handling this garbage game. They had to put more love and passion for the movie game than this and it can tell.

[quote name='vherub']Rented this from gamefly, and couldn't finish it. I enjoyed shattered dimensions, more than reviewers so thought this might be decent.
But this game started off poorly (crawling through vent ducts for way too long), the plot is abrupt and confusing, and the controls, path finding, environments are all a letdown.[/QUOTE]

They made it in half a year with only half their team (Beenox) I believe...sure, that used to work in the PS1 days, but now it just doesn't cut it in terms of making a polished game with enough variation to avoid becoming stale too soon.

The good news is that a short cycle for that doesn't mean a short cycle for the movie game, as that started two years ago and the half that did Edge of Time joined them last year upon its completion. Will that mean a great game? We'll see, but they won't have the excuse of rushing it or being undermanned like Edge of Time and other movie games typically have.

Yea Edge of time can be looked at as more of a DLC to shattered dimensions if anything. For what it is, 20 is okay, 10 is the sweet spot.

Had $10 in Amazon credit, used it for this. Playing through my backlog of Spidey games: Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions, and now this.

I just started this last night (after spending $27 on it a few weeks ago). This game sucks. The combat is boring, everything has a damn time limit, and if I have to do one more free-fall section, someone is getting punched.

bread's done
Back