The King of Fighters XIII on sale $29.99 at Amazon (still comes with 4-CD soundtrack)

tempbast

CAG Veteran
Damn good deal, for fighting fans. Good deal for those interested.

Update: Newegg PS3 price $27.99, free shipping, no bonus soundtrack stated.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879225049

Amazon, $29.99 comes with 4-CD bonus Soundtrack.
PS3/360:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054IN5AA

On Sale at Gamestop too $29.99, no bonus soundtrack stated, YMMV.
PS3:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/91392

360:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/91393

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't played their games, but the PS3 version with soundtrack is listed as $19.97 at the Sony Store, in PS Vita/PS3 thread. Obviously, for those near one.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Haven't played their games, but the PS3 version with soundtrack is listed as $19.97 at the Sony Store, in PS Vita/PS3 thread. Obviously, for those near one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out...I may be able to stop by a Sony store tomorrow afternoon since I'll just happen to be in the area of one. Also looking to pickup some cheap Vita games.

This is a fantastic game if you're into older-style 2D fighters. I've always loved the Neo Geo games, especially the Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug series; still have several original Neo Geo home consoles and many of the huge cartridges for it. One of the best older game systems ever released!

On topic, I have this for both PS3 and 360, and its a great upgrade to the series. And the soundtrack is a nice addition!

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Just BTW all new king of fighter 13 come with 4-CD ost, if some people didn't know.

Great game!!! if your in to fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Some people say that they have seen some copies not including the soundtrack. Of course whoever is buying this will obviously tell if theirs come with one or not. Good price too. Love the game.

i hope amazon match that price....

EDIT: Brainfart.....

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Some people say that they have seen some copies not including the soundtrack. Of course whoever is buying this will obviously tell if theirs come with one or not. Good price too. Love the game.[/QUOTE]

I've seen copies in retail stores (not Gamestop) without the soundtrack but the soundtracks could have easily been removed as the soundtrack was just shrink wrapped to the sealed copy of the game with a paper insert on the back.

The game is worth every penny of the $29.99 price and I think there is even a demo of the game on PSN if you're on the fence. This is nothing like KOF XII and is everything it should have been.

[quote name='YONKE']i hope amazon match that price....[/QUOTE]
........what?
[quote name='mark_IV']I've seen copies in retail stores (not Gamestop) without the soundtrack but the soundtracks could have easily been removed as the soundtrack was just shrink wrapped to the sealed copy of the game with a paper insert on the back.

The game is worth every penny of the $29.99 price and I think there is even a demo of the game on PSN if you're on the fence. This is nothing like KOF XII and is everything it should have been.[/QUOTE]

Very true. They could of easily taken the copy. Just good thing to point out just in case people automatically assume they will get it. And I hear the demo was removed when there was a sale for this last time. Not sure, but if anybody likes fighters than this is worth it.

The soundtrack sounds nice... but I am more tempted by the $17.99 360 price over at Gamefly tonite.

Are the soundtracks really worth the extra 12 bucks... cannot.... decide...

[quote name='blinknot4']The soundtrack sounds nice... but I am more tempted by the $17.99 360 price over at Gamefly tonite.

Are the soundtracks really worth the extra 12 bucks... cannot.... decide...[/QUOTE]

I'd say so. 4 CD soundtrack with the full soundtrack from XIII and music from the earlier games. Plus, new is always nice as well, so I'd rule in favor of this right now, unless the Gamefly ones include the soundtrack.

Woulda been in for @24.99 if it wasn't only the PS3 version in that recent Gold Box. Now, I'm gonna wait til $19.99

got it for the xb360 , been waiting a lot to get it at this good price with the soundtrack....

It really just depends on how much you want the physical soundtrack. I mean I love KOF's music and all but uh....I never even opened my soundtrack and just listen to snk tunes on mp3 or youtube.

hmm. Thanks for the advice. Much to ponder.

I might go with the cheaper option. I don't care nor really need the soundtrack.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Some people say that they have seen some copies not including the soundtrack. Of course whoever is buying this will obviously tell if theirs come with one or not. Good price too. Love the game.[/QUOTE]

is that so?
I bought my copy over Toy's r US and i got 4-CD and my brother got his copy at BB and he got the 4-CD too....thats pretty weird.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']is that so?
I bought my copy over Toy's r US and i got 4-CD and my brother got his copy at BB and he got the 4-CD too....thats pretty weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It was during the time it was on sale for like 40 bucks. Like somebody has mentioned, it could of just been taken by employees, returns or something.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How's the online?[/QUOTE]

Tried it when it first came out. It was way better than KOF XII. I ordered one. We'll see how it is now.

Update: Newegg PS3 price $27.99, free shipping, no bonus soundtrack stated.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879225049

From my experience on the PS3, connection depends on are far your opponent is and if they have a good network. The connection is good when your opponent is in the same region, but it doesn't tell you the regions. Sadly, I do not think there are many players online the PS3. It's possible they are always in a match, but overall it's hard to get an online match.

bread's done
Back