Brink (PC) $1.99 + shipping at goHastings (Steamworks)

[quote name='catabarez']Is it worth it though?[/QUOTE]

If you have to stop and think about it at a price that low, then no it is not.

[quote name='Camre']If you have to stop and think about it at a price that low, then no it is not.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is where the sarcasm came in

It's been $5 on Steam before -- not sure what the shipping charges would be. In terms of 'is it worth it' just know that it is a pure multi-player game whose community is 90% dead (and never really got off the ground). You can technically play single player but it's just with and against bots like L4D.

I paid $5 for it, played it as much as I could, gave it every chance to at least be okay. I could insert a lot of hyperbolic quips about what I could have done with that money instead; sandpaper wet naps, pay a homeless guy to punch my berries, $5 on laxatives and a phone book to pass the time, etc. All of them would have been better.

This game is garbage. It's so awful it doesn't even deserve to collect your dust, even if only electronically. Treat yourself to a Krispy Kreme or something instead.

Seriously, take whatever money this would cost and go get a burger or something. Such a let down. The gameplay is some of the worst I've seen in a recent FPS. Also, back when it came out there was hardly anyone ever playing, I doubt you'd be able to find anyone now, so you'd be relegated to playing with the horrendous bots.

[quote name='Mooby']For $5 you can get a dozen Krispy Kremes![/QUOTE]

For $5 you can get anything that costs $5! Hell, you could get $5!

I may be in the minority but I enjoyed this game. Unfortunately without a community this game is worthless as it is 100% multiplayer. For a few bucks you could do worse, though.

I tried this game during one of the free Steam weekends and it was absolutely terrible. I'll try in with everyone else saying not to get it.

I tried it back when Steam had the free weekend. I found it to be decent, but after playing through the campaign with a friend (probably took less than 8 hours), I couldn't really see myself replaying anything.

If you're looking for an objective oriented shooter, I'd recommend something like Payday instead.

I almost got for 1 cent at Gamestop, but they already threw out the disc lol. Also agree with it being a horrible game, my friend bought it and said no plays plus he had to do tweaks to even play the game.

I (regrettably) bought this as release. I was fooled by these(part1) walkthrough(part2) videos(part3). In the videos, it looked and sounded WAY better than the final product. Like they at least gave a damn about the SP campaign.

Thankfully I didn't spend more than $20 on it, but I used up all my Amazon trade-in credit just to bring it down to that price.

I am also part of the minority that enjoyed this game (on PS3). Although most of the time it felt like I was shooting at 5 year olds making the game very easy.

If I could order more than 2, I would purchase some for the LAN parties I hold every couple of months. Good thing we have plenty of other games we can be playing.

wow i thought i was cheap lol
and yea it is worth 1.99 so go ahead and snag you a copy because the coop is pretty sweet

It was $4 on Gamefly a while ago, and that's where I got my 360 version from. The mechanics were supposed to let you shoot at all times of the game, but it didn't feel quite right. :( I was a little disappointed with it as well.

I got the game for free on PC through Bethesda's Insider program for retail employees. Back when it came out and had people actually playing it, I had good times with it. However, it was far from perfect and the community just wasn't there to take it seriously enough. I gave up on it pretty fast, but I remember really liking certain aspects of it.

Honestly, save your $2. I highly doubt anybody plays this anymore.

bread's done
Back