Target.com Daily Deal - 4000 MSP ($40), MW3 ($38, 360), MW3 360 Console ($300)

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Target.com is holding a Call of Duty themed sale, May 14th only. Free shipping.

:360: 4000 MSP Card (‘Call of Duty Elite’ card art) - $39.99
:360: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $37.99
:360: 320 GB MW3 Console Bundle (Two controllers, Headset, MW3 Game) - 299.99
:ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops - 28.49

Earn an extra 3% back at Target when going though shopathome.com. New ShopAtHome members are eligible for a $5 sign-up bonus as well. Earn an additional 5% back with your Target RED card.

I’m 98% sure you don’t have to redeem the points card specifically for Call of Duty ELITE, it’s just the card art. Keep in mind the other 4000 MSP cards are not on sale though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to post about the 4000 msp card. I don't have much experience buying points (bought only one card so far - 1600 pts for $18 from Amazon). Is 4000 points for $39.99 a good deal, does this price happen often or does it go lower? Thanks for any input on this from veteran point card buyers!

[quote name='Whedon']I was just about to post about the 4000 msp card. I don't have much experience buying points (bought only one card so far - 1600 pts for $18 from Amazon). Is 4000 points for $39.99 a good deal, does this price happen often or does it go lower? Thanks for any input on this from veteran point card buyers![/QUOTE]

The retail value of a 4000 points card is $50, so this would essentially be getting the card for 20% off -- pretty good, methinks.

Buy.com sometimes offers them for $35 via Ebay, or one of Ebay's daily deals.

However, it's been a while since I've seen them that low. This price is decent if you need points.

4000 pts for $39.99 is a decent deal. Sometimes..not very often you will see 1600 pt cards for $14.99 or rarely 9.99 and 4000 sometimes for $39.99. So it's a decent deal. You can never tell when they will go that cheap or cheaper again. Its really a do you have a use for the points right now situation. If you are buying 1600 pts cards for $17.99, you are essentially saving an additional $5 this way.

This is a pretty good deal but I'm not really in need of any points right now and I don't really see anything exciting coming from Xbox Marketplace. I may bite if Amazon price matches to get free shipping and save on taxes.

[quote name='RandomEarthling']This is a pretty good deal but I'm not really in need of any points right now and I don't really see anything exciting coming from Xbox Marketplace. I may bite if Amazon price matches to get free shipping and save on taxes.[/QUOTE]

There were no taxes or shipping fees when I checked out just now.

[quote name='Rollinstone12']There were no taxes or shipping fees when I checked out just now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I should have mentioned Target Daily Deals have free shipping-- updated original post now

[quote name='Rollinstone12']There were no taxes or shipping fees when I checked out just now.[/QUOTE]

Well then, I guess I will be picking up a card. Thanks for the update!

Ordered 3 point cards. Red card and possible multiple cash back portals makes this the best deal since the eBay daily deals, if not better for some.

Thanks for the input on the card all, gives me the info I need to decide. I don't have a pressing need for points right now. I'm considering minecraft and settlers of catan but would only need an extra 1600 to make that happen.

[quote name='Whedon']Thanks for the input on the card all, gives me the info I need to decide. I don't have a pressing need for points right now. I'm considering minecraft and settlers of catan but would only need an extra 1600 to make that happen.[/QUOTE]

Minecraft is 1600 points by itself.

Thanks OP.
tgbnhjk

[quote name='JStryke']Minecraft is 1600 points by itself.[/QUOTE]

Already have enough for catan. Was hoping it would be a deal of the week sometime though.

Typically point cards are tax-free (even in store). This isn't always the case, but I've always picked them up sans-tax at local Targets.

Also - for folks who have the Target Visa / Credit Card: You get an additional 5% off the price, bringing it down to 37.99. Definitely a good deal - especially if you only buy stuff on XBLA when it's on sale there, too.

[quote name='hinotori']Typically point cards are tax-free (even in store). This isn't always the case, but I've always picked them up sans-tax at local Targets.

Also - for folks who have the Target Visa / Credit Card: You get an additional 5% off the price, bringing it down to 37.99. Definitely a good deal - especially if you only buy stuff on XBLA when it's on sale there, too.[/QUOTE]

This isn't true for some states (AL, NY, etc.). Some states the cards are not considered to be gift cards and instead of classified as taxable goods.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']This isn't true for some states (AL, NY, etc.). Some states the cards are not considered to be gift cards and instead of classified as taxable goods.[/QUOTE]

Yep - definitely YMMV. But it should be consistent (either tax free or not) in your state across retailers. Though again, even with that, I've seen some stores still charge sales tax. Targets in Missouri don't, in my experience.

The nice thing is, the potential tax was noted during the checkout process, so you can confirm whether or not it's tax-free.

[quote name='Whedon']Already have enough for catan. Was hoping it would be a deal of the week sometime though.[/QUOTE]
Check eBay too. I picked up Catan, Pac-Man CE, and Poker Smash from a seller for $8 for the lot. It was a while ago now but I bet you can still find some.

That points card, is it really a points card, or is it specifically for Elite? The cards says "redeem for Elite" or something to that effect. I figure it's probably just points, but would love to hear confirmation from someone that has actually redeemed one of them.

Maaaaan...sure wish they had PSN $50 cards as part of the deal. I just upgraded my HDD, so now I've got some space for all the PSN games I want!

[quote name='rs600cubed']Figures, picked up one of the systems Friday night.[/QUOTE]

A lot of places have "Low Price Guarantees" which will refund the difference if you find it cheaper within so many days. It's worth trying.

Picked up two of these. Many thanks OP!

More likely these cards are just general points cards that happen to be themed. The same thing happened with the Rock Band/Guitar Hero ones a few years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. If this was only for Elite, I'm sure that the card wouldn't come with a point designation at all.

[quote name='crunchewy']That points card, is it really a points card, or is it specifically for Elite? The cards says "redeem for Elite" or something to that effect. I figure it's probably just points, but would love to hear confirmation from someone that has actually redeemed one of them.[/QUOTE]

This, that's what's holding me back at the moment from buying.

[quote name='RandomEarthling']A lot of places have "Low Price Guarantees" which will refund the difference if you find it cheaper within so many days. It's worth trying.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll try, just thought since its an online price they wont touch it.

Told my neighbor about that MW3 console,
She was looking to pick it up for her husband for his B-Day. Thats a nice gift, and a sweet first Xbox.
Pretty fair deal when you consider that the 320G hard drive alone has been going for $120-$130.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']They're just Elite branded cards. Elite is 4000 points, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yep got a couple of these for my son formats Christmas and yes they are just elite branded point cards.

[quote name='rs600cubed']Maybe I'll try, just thought since its an online price they wont touch it.[/QUOTE]

My target wouldn't match the online price in-store when I tried today, so my only option is to buy online.

[quote name='bruceg']My target wouldn't match the online price in-store when I tried today, so my only option is to buy online.[/QUOTE]

Target.com and Target are two totally different entities.

With that said, picked up a points card for myself. For $35, can't go wrong there.

submitted to Amazon to price match, we'll see on that one.

I went ahead and snagged one though. No tax and free shipping (forgot tn doesnt charge tax on giftcard, was reason for wanting to get through Amazon)

Plus wife has a target card, so got it for 37.99. Pretty solid deal really. No use for the points right now really but its not like they go bad...

I just picked one up, its been awhile since ive actually paid for points so I figured I'd treat myself. Plus I find myself playing more arcade games than retail at this.point.

bread's done
Back