DEAD Hori Soul Calibur V Arcade Stick (Xbox 360 & PS3) $89.99 w/free shipping @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 05/21/2012.
All of the following come with free shipping and are Shoprunner eligible.
Full Sales Link

Hori Soul Calibur V Arcade Stick $89.99 Xbox 360
Playstation 3

Intec XBOX 360 Wireless Network Adapter $39.99

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset $104.99

A4-Tech XL-750BK Laser Gaming Mouse $34.99

Kensington Mouse for Life USB Three-Button Mouse $6.99

Does not have free standard shipping but is Shoprunner eligible
RAZER DeathAdder Wired Optical 3500 dpi Mouse $44.99 + $4.99 shipping Use Promo Code EMCNEJE95

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the best deal you will find on a high grade Mad Catz arcade stick. I would jump on this if I didn't already have two SF4 TE's for each console.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']time to waste money on another stick[/QUOTE]

why another? wouldn't it be better to just spend the money on your current one and make it all light up LED style w/custome grafx?

mostly since I never owned a Hori stick and what I currently use right now is a mad catz se. too much hassle to change the artwork and can't put a plexi on it

[quote name='VISCO']does this stick use the same parts used in the street fighter sticks ?[/QUOTE]

The Madcatz SF SE sticks are the smaller one's with horrible Sanwa reps. The SF TE-series with the bigger surface area & heavier weight has Sanwa parts. So yes, this one has the same Sanwa parts as the TE-series.

[quote name='100xp']why another? wouldn't it be better to just spend the money on your current one and make it all light up LED style w/custome grafx?[/QUOTE]

Because not all of us want LED's & custom artwork.

[quote name='yamayama']Probably the best deal you will find on a high grade Mad Catz arcade stick. I would jump on this if I didn't already have two SF4 TE's for each console.[/QUOTE]

I've NEVER seen a legit vendor sell these style sticks (bigger cases with Sanwa parts) for less than $100 shipped so yup, this is the best deal up to this point for a (bigger) case with Sanwa parts. Kinda tempted to jump on it yet I'm reluctant because I'm not feeling the Namco Noir arcade button layout as I prefer the Vewlix layout. Excellent price regardless!

Do they sell any of these that work for both platforms? Seems a bummer to have to have two. Are there any good converters to use these on the opposite platform that are reliable?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Do they sell any of these that work for both platforms? Seems a bummer to have to have two. Are there any good converters to use these on the opposite platform that are reliable?[/QUOTE]

I suggest getting a MC Cthulhu and a 360 PCB board to mod or just getting a Paewang PCB. You can get the MC Cthulhu or Paewang PCB on FocusAttack.com.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Does this stick come with a square gate?[/QUOTE]

yup, unless you buy a MK stick I believe those are octagonal. Besides it's easy to swap out the restrictor plate. I use charge characters so Square gat is a must for me

[quote name='CaoPi']yup, unless you buy a MK stick I believe those are octagonal. Besides it's easy to swap out the restrictor plate. I use charge characters so Square gat is a must for me[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Same here, plus once I got used to a square gate, I found it almost impossible to fall back to an octo even when using QCF characters.

I love the art, but hopefully I can find a way to replace that once I get tired of it haha.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Do they sell any of these that work for both platforms? Seems a bummer to have to have two. Are there any good converters to use these on the opposite platform that are reliable?[/QUOTE]

www.eightarc.com

[quote name='silver2k1gt']www.eightarc.com[/QUOTE]

Cool site, some great looking sticks, but for the cost, you actually could buy two of these instead. xD

[quote name='2&2']Oh wow. I'd be all over this if it had the viewlix layout. Don't like the curved one.[/QUOTE]

Why oh why does it have to be the Namco Noir layout? This is definitely the cheapest price for a "TE-style" stick I've ever seen. Good for players into Soul Calibur games though. Too bad I primarily play "6-button" style games... :whistle2:(

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Does this stick come with a square gate?[/QUOTE]

All Sanwa-based sticks regardless of joystick case manufacturer come with a square gate. You can buy an octo gate for ~$5 if you want to replace the square gate.

[quote name='CaoPi']yup, unless you buy a MK stick I believe those are octagonal. Besides it's easy to swap out the restrictor plate. I use charge characters so Square gat is a must for me[/QUOTE]

Actually, the PDP MK sticks (both of them) have Happ-Suzo joystick levers & those don't have a restrictor so you can't feel any direction/corner. And yes, VERY easy to swap out for an octo gate on Sanwa joystick levers.

[quote name='silver2k1gt']www.eightarc.com[/QUOTE]

That's basically either a joint venture or a sub-division (forgot which one) of Qanba. Some of those stick cases are plastic (just like this Hori & all Madcatz) & others are wood-based cases. I'm not a big fan of Qanba since their PCB's have had issues. Although, I hear their current PCB's are much improved but only time will tell.

If anyone prefers a dual-modded (well triple when you factor in PC) then etokki's sticks are great & it's made of metal instead of plastic! Pricey yes, but you get what you pay for:

http://www.etokki.com/

If you don't care about having the best parts then this stick's decent at best but has an excellent price:

http://etokki.com/Joytron-Paewang-Revolution-arcade-stick

[quote name='2&2']Oh wow. I'd be all over this if it had the viewlix layout. Don't like the curved one.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm not a big fan of the Namco Noir layout but to each their own. That's the only reason holding me back (for now) from buying it.

[quote name='VidPower']Why oh why does it have to be the Namco Noir layout? This is definitely the cheapest price for a "TE-style" stick I've ever seen. Good for players into Soul Calibur games though. Too bad I primarily play "6-button" style games... :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

You do realize most current mass produced stick's going to an 8-button layout right? Also, you can buy button plugs for the last.

Can anyone help with a link to dual mod my first gen tourney madcatz ps3 stick ? I just can't find one for myself that setup for a dummy like myself

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Can anyone help with a link to dual mod my first gen tourney madcatz ps3 stick ? I just can't find one for myself that setup for a dummy like myself[/QUOTE]

The tutorials I've seen are always xbox TE sticks, so sorry can't help you. I can tell you that you can still easily mod it, the dual mod is the same almost. There are only a few things different.

PS3 TE sticks use a single PCB located under the turbo/home panel where as the xbox one uses two PCB's which imo makes things way easier (less soldering). The problem you may face with the PS3 TE is in order to use the Home and Turbo buttons on the home/turbo panel you will need to solder a few wires from the home/turbo panel PCB which can be tricky.

Hmm, if I ever have the time...maybe I'll make a video of the tutorial. I think the first full minute will be me saying, "you should have gotten a xbox stick to dual mod". Lol, I wish I saw this message earlier I was just at a tournament dual modding a PS3 TE stick.

bread's done
Back