APK Files: Compilation

Chiyeon

CAGiversary!
Anyone interested with APK files? :)

What is an APK file?
----Android application package file (APK) is the file format used to distribute and install application software and middleware onto Google's Android operating system. To make an APK file, a program for Android is first compiled, and then all of its parts are packaged into one file. This holds all of that program's code such as (.dex files), resources, assets, certificates, and manifest file. As is the case with many file formats, APK files can have any name needed, but must end with the four character, three letter extension, .apk.[1][2][3][4]
APK files are ZIP file formatted packages based on the JAR file format, with .apk file extensions. The MIME type associated with APK files is application/vnd.android.package-archive.[5] (WIKIPEDIA)

----------
In other words .exe type of files in comparison to windows application files, I have some APK apps and APK games ready to share, so anyone interested? or would like to contribute as well?

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I don't think piracy talk is allowed on these forums.

As a developer, I believe there can valid reasons for getting a pirate version of something, but saving $1.99 is not one of them.

If I have misinterpreted your post, I apologize.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/bEBbu-wkKrs[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to pirate apps..
but I collect / backup apps especially if the update ruined the app for me..

for example.. Plants War v1 (first release) doesnt need wifi to be able to play the game.. but the latest version needs wifi -- even if it's not on multiplayer.

just a thought

bread's done
Back