Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition $39.99 (X-Box 360) Best Buy YMMV

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
WOW! I just got the email for a $25 coupon for the steelcase mixup at Best Buy and they are also going to send me the correct version of the steelcase for the 360 today. That was really nice of them to do.

The bigger news though was I went to my local Best Buy (Pinecrest, FL) to price match the CE price of Gamestop that dropped to $59.99 today. They did an in store price match, but their X-Box 360 Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition ringed up at $39.99 and they gave me back $40 credit instead of $20 that I was expecting.

There were no other copies on the floor to verify and I looked at my receipt and it does show their MSRP for the Prototype 360 CE at $39.99 today. I have no idea if it is MSRP now or a glitch due to the steelcase debacle as they also have their standard edition at $39.99. I don't see it at that price online so it may be YMMV or simply in store only???

[quote name='Tarskidx']WOW! I just got the email for a $25 coupon for the steelcase mixup at Best Buy and they are also going to send me the correct version of the steelcase for the 360 today. That was really nice of them to do.

The bigger news though was I went to my local Best Buy (Pinecrest, FL) to price match the CE price of Gamestop that dropped to $59.99 today. They did an in store price match, but their X-Box 360 Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition ringed up at $39.99 and they gave me back $40 credit instead of $20 that I was expecting.

There were no other copies on the floor to verify and I looked at my receipt and it does show their MSRP for the Prototype 360 CE at $39.99 today. I have no idea if it is MSRP now or a glitch due to the steelcase debacle as they also have their standard edition at $39.99. I don't see it at that price online so it may be YMMV or simply in store only???[/QUOTE]

Nice, guess I will check out the Dadelande Best Buy if you snagged the last copy at Pinecrest. Never finished the first one, so not sure if I will get it, but thanks for the heads up.

$40 seems like the right price to bite on. $60 is too much for me as I think it's not adding much...art book,soundtrack,dlc........typical stuff. If it has a figure of some kind id pay $60. I'll wait for some more responses on if people are successful getting this for $39.99

The web site shows 79 and the regular at 40. Would I be a fool to call and ask? Im to lazy to drive 3 miles to my best buy. I would pick this up for 40.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']The web site shows 79 and the regular at 40. Would I be a fool to call and ask? Im to lazy to drive 3 miles to my best buy. I would pick this up for 40.[/QUOTE]

if you call make sure they actually ring up a copy otherwise they matmy just quite the price listed on the site.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']The web site shows 79 and the regular at 40. Would I be a fool to call and ask? Im to lazy to drive 3 miles to my best buy. I would pick this up for 40.[/QUOTE]If you trust their employees, then you could try--there's the chance that you'll be lied to so the employee to whom you speak can pick it up for him/herself, so it's up to you.

Zendawg hit it on the head as far as glitch. If I knew how to upload a photo from my receipt photo to this post, I would show you how they rung it up.

picture.php

It's just a pricematch to GameStop. It will not ring up this way and I doubt anyone besides the OP will get it for that price.

This was my scenario yesterday:

I stopped in BB yesterday to try my luck for the Madden 12 HOF deal, but they only had the regular for $10 so I picked one up for PS3(had a ton of them).

I wanted Madden 12 for the 360, that is when I came across Prototype 2 for the 360 listed at $39.99. I checked for the PS3 but that was listed regular price.

I know nothing about the steel book and thought the game was in that case, so that's what I brought to the register. That rang as $49.99 and the employee said it was free with the game and that the game was not in the steel case.

After that, he went and grabbed me the Prototype 2 CE in the big black cardboard box and said it was on sale for $39.99 and the steel book would ring free.

Sure enough the steel book price came off.

Finally, with Madden 12, I paid $53.48.

On top of that, I walked outside and the Oscar Mayer Weiner truck was parked next to my car...all in all a great trip to BB.

[quote name='ZenDawg']This was my scenario yesterday:

I stopped in BB yesterday to try my luck for the Madden 12 HOF deal, but they only had the regular for $10 so I picked one up for PS3(had a ton of them).

I wanted Madden 12 for the 360, that is when I came across Prototype 2 for the 360 listed at $39.99. I checked for the PS3 but that was listed regular price.

I know nothing about the steel book and thought the game was in that case, so that's what I brought to the register. That rang as $49.99 and the employee said it was free with the game and that the game was not in the steel case.

After that, he went and grabbed me the Prototype 2 CE in the big black cardboard box and said it was on sale for $39.99 and the steel book would ring free.

Sure enough the steel book price came off.

Finally, with Madden 12, I paid $53.48.

On top of that, I walked outside and the Oscar Mayer Weiner truck was parked next to my car...all in all a great trip to BB.[/QUOTE]:shock:

I'm definitely trying this tomorrow. If I understand correctly, you have to bring both the :360: CE and the (empty) steelbook to the register and you'll have to pay $39.99 for both. Is that about right?

[quote name='Vigilante']:shock:

I'm definitely trying this tomorrow. If I understand correctly, you have to bring both the :360: CE and the (empty) steelbook to the register and you'll have to pay $39.99 for both. Is that about right?[/QUOTE]

if this works I will try to get one Friday. Dunno if my local Best Buy has any steelbook cases in stock but shal lfind out.

Yesterday depending on your timezone now (5/16/12) and she did the price match at $59.99 and then scanned the UPC and the price said $39.99 instead of $39.99 on the price match. I did say it was YMMV, but maybe they had a glitch with both the standard and collectors ringing up at $39.99.

[quote name='ZenDawg']On top of that, I walked outside and the Oscar Mayer Weiner truck was parked next to my car...all in all a great trip to BB.[/QUOTE]

Post of the year! I've never really liked the idea of putting someone else's quote in a sig, but I would almost consider it for this.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Yesterday depending on your timezone now (5/16/12) and she did the price match at $59.99 and then scanned the UPC and the price said $39.99 instead of $39.99 on the price match. I did say it was YMMV, but maybe they had a glitch with both the standard and collectors ringing up at $39.99.[/QUOTE]

They scan the steelbook first?

I would say to just have them price match the CE price at Gamestop at the time of purcahse and if they scan it, perhaps you can get it at $39.99. I was astonished when I saw that price of $39.99 instead of $59.99 but I was not going to argue and wanted to see if anybody but Zendawg had the same success.

I did not have the steelbook on hand. What I did was go to CAG and saw the GS price. I went to my local BB with no game or steelbook because I just bought this game at the end of last month. They can pull your receipt up if you have your credit card on hand or your reward zone account info. The pulled up my receipt and then went to their machine that can verify other competitor prices and from there they typed in the $59.99 price and then scanned the receipt info and the game rung up as $39.99 with a $40 credit. In fact, I got that $25 email code for them sending me the PS3 steelbook instead of the 360 version earlier today and thought maybe that played into the possible glitch?

I absolutely agree, but I wanted people to know exactly how my situation was handled and the sequence of steps so they know how this went through????

[quote name='Tarskidx']WOW! I just got the email for a $25 coupon for the steelcase mixup at Best Buy and they are also going to send me the correct version of the steelcase for the 360 today. That was really nice of them to do.

[/QUOTE]

Who'd you talk with to get this? They did the same thing to me and when I contacted customer service, community manager contacts and the local management they told me they couldn't correct the issue, send me the correct case or make it right somehow.

There is nothing more frustrating about customer service than when they handle things inconsistently.

I called them as soon as I got the email and they did have some in stock yesterday. The SKU did not pull up in their system, but they called their videogame people in teh warehouse and there were "some" left for both systems, but not many from what I was told. It was tedious as I was transferred twice and talked to three people over a 45 minute period to get this to go through. The first tier customer support person was useless though.

Stopping buy my local best buy and trade in my regular version since I only got it for $40, then price match GS. Hopefully it works!!!!

I am sorry that all of you may not get the game for $39.99 as I would have liked for everyone to get that deal on this site if this was a glitch. I was not aware of an employee's mistake as they scanned the UPC after they typed in teh Gamestop price and it came out at this even lower price as my receipt shows. That's why I was hesitant to create this post and did the YMMV as I could not find another copy on the floor to verify.

[quote name='Tarskidx']I am sorry that all of you may not get the game for $39.99 as I would have liked for everyone to get that deal on this site if this was a glitch. I was not aware of an employee's mistake as they scanned the UPC after they typed in teh Gamestop price and it came out at this even lower price as my receipt shows. That's why I was hesitant to create this post and did the YMMV as I could not find another copy on the floor to verify.[/QUOTE]

Its ok, its not like you didn't put YMMV in the title. I'm still headed to check my BBY since I have to pick up my steelbook anyway.

[quote name='Tarskidx']I did not have the steelbook on hand. What I did was go to CAG and saw the GS price. I went to my local BB with no game or steelbook because I just bought this game at the end of last month. They can pull your receipt up if you have your credit card on hand or your reward zone account info. The pulled up my receipt and then went to their machine that can verify other competitor prices and from there they typed in the $59.99 price and then scanned the receipt info [/QUOTE]

I didn't know you could get a price adjustment on a competitor pricematch at BB!

Is this normally the case?

If so, should I be able to get a pricematch to the $59.99 price of the CE at Gamestop even though I already bought the CE at BB on 4/24 for $79.99?

[quote name='Sindur']I didn't know you could get a price adjustment on a competitor pricematch at BB!

Is this normally the case?

If so, should I be able to get a pricematch to the $59.99 price of the CE at Gamestop even though I already bought the CE at BB on 4/24 for $79.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes and Yes.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes and Yes.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!

I just hope the fact that I got the steelbook when I picked up the game doesn't somehow classify it as a "bundle" or "free gift with purchase" that cannot be PM'd

It rang up regular price at my bestbuy (Allen, TX). They didn't have any of the steel books so the glitch may work but just wanted to let you guys know it's not ringing up as 39.99. This was for ps3, I didn't try the Xbox version.

I went in and it rang up 79.99, got the steelbook with it. PM'd the gamestop ad for 59.99

The only thing i may have done wrong is they already scanned the CE and steelbook before they pricematched the game at 59.99

Worked for me.\\:D/
Both stellbook & CE together rang up for $139.99 or so
After price adjustment & the steelbook promotion , it came down to $39.99
Thanks OP!

[quote name='sgaldis']Post of the year! I've never really liked the idea of putting someone else's quote in a sig, but I would almost consider it for this.[/QUOTE]

Haha...glad you liked it!:D

It's not to often you are parked next to a giant hot dog!

bread's done
Back