Free Robin Hood: Return of Richard WiiWare (Facebook or email)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTAERgameing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just found this and did not see it posted here.

"To all our WiiWare fans! We are running a massive giveaway of our WiiWare game Robin Hood for North American and South American users. The game costs $5 and we are giving it for free, provided that there will be 800 of you willing to participate. The only requirement is that you must have a Wii console and you have to live in North America or South America.

To get this amazing $5 game for free, you need to do just two actions:
1. Add our Wii console to your Wii friends list (our Wii number is 3250 2338 2896 1958)
2. Leave your Wii number in comments here (or just email it to [email protected])

Once 800 players request the game, we will start distribution of the game for free! Tell your friends – it is really rare and great opportunity to get a free WiiWare game!"

https://www.facebook.com/nordcurrent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXlabV4gIM8

This is my first thread.:bouncy:

Updates:
5/24-"We have already got 400 requests, therefore 400 more requests are needed. Once we get these, we’ll start distributing the game! Share this news with your friends, as many as you can, and you will get the game sooner!"
5/19-"We have already got 300 requests, therefore 500 more requests are needed."
5/18-"We have already got 200 requests, therefore 600 more requests are needed."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitchondria']This would require me to take the Wii out of the closet and setup???

Thanks anyway op[/QUOTE]

LOL I know right? That was how I felt.. Nintendo really needs to evolve their online setup.

Thanks for the offer and congrats on the 1st post.

Alas, the Wii is in the state as the Dreamcast, Saturn, and N64: in the closet.

Have fun

Sweet hope this is still going on sunday. I need to dig my wii out and find batteries for the wiimotes and really don't feel like doing it after I get home from work.

What you people leave your wii in the closetz??? mine is all ready to go even though I had a lot of dust to clean.

I think I read recently that developers don't get paid for their games on WiiWare until they sell so many copies, and that number was 800. Maybe that's what this is about.

I can't believe how hard of a time they're having giving away free games. I'm going to post this on slickdeals so I can get my damn game. If people hadn't gotten it through CAG yet then they clearly don't give a shit.

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']Thanks for the offer and congrats on the 1st post.

Alas, the Wii is in the state as the Dreamcast, Saturn, and N64: in the closet.

Have fun[/QUOTE]

Except I forsee playing the other systems sometime in the future. Besides the Gamecube w/remote *ahem, Wii* has outlasted it's lifespan.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Except I forsee playing the other systems sometime in the future. Besides the Gamecube w/remote *ahem, Wii* has outlasted it's lifespan.[/QUOTE]

And you clicked on a topic with "WiiWare" in its title just to bash the system? I'm sure everyone cares about your opinion.

Finally got around to doing it. I had forgotten how to add wii friends and had to google it. Shared it on my facebook so hopefully a friend or two also downloads it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Hopefully they can get to 800 before wiiU releases.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, who would have thought it was so hard to give away a free game.

[quote name='Blaster man']Seriously, who would have thought it was so hard to give away a free game.[/QUOTE]

lol, Honestly when I read this thread the other day, I thought they had 200 TO GO, not that they were AT 200.

This either says this game is no good, or that people don't care about WiiWare.

[quote name='MasaTFC']This either says this game is no good, or that people don't care about WiiWare.[/QUOTE]
A little of both. The guys at Nordcurrent are super nice, though, so I try to not insult their games too harshly.

I believe the WiiWare games will transfer to the Wii U. Even if they don't, these download games will certainly make the system more attractive for resale (even if the game sucks ass).

I just got around to requesting the game. After playing so many 360 games and finding players who add me instantly, I'm not a fan of how hard it is to add people on Wii. :(

[quote name='Blade']I just got around to requesting the game. After playing so many 360 games and finding players who add me instantly, I'm not a fan of how hard it is to add people on Wii. :([/QUOTE]

Agreed, the way you add a friend code on the wii is completely absurd.

Well, the amount of energy used is pretty negligible, but if it bothers you, just turn off WiiConnect24. You don't actually need it for this. If/when the game is handed out, you'll still receive it if WC24 is off; you'll just have boot up the Wii and check for yourself rather than having it notify you.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, the amount of energy used is pretty negligible, but if it bothers you, just turn off WiiConnect24. You don't actually need it for this. If/when the game is handed out, you'll still receive it if WC24 is off; you'll just have boot up the Wii and check for yourself rather than having it notify you.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? I didn't think you could receive messages on a Wii that's not connected? Also, my understanding is that WiiConnect24 uses a good amount of energy. While not a lot when compared to many things, since something like a coffee pot or a dryer aren't on and using electricity 24/7, it actually adds up more than you may realize.

I've never used WiiConnect24 and I've never had a problem receiving messages or free games. You just have to wait a little while after turning your Wii on. As for energy consumption, WC24 uses about 9 watts, which is roughly $0.02 per day. It's certainly more than the 1.3 watts (approximately) that the Wii uses without WC24 turned on, but it's still not a whole lot.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've never used WiiConnect24 and I've never had a problem receiving messages or free games. You just have to wait a little while after turning your Wii on. As for energy consumption, WC24 uses about 9 watts, which is roughly $0.02 per day. It's certainly more than the 1.3 watts (approximately) that the Wii uses without WC24 turned on, but it's still not a whole lot.[/QUOTE]

I'm not big on wasting either electricity or money. $6 a year vs .60 a year isn't a huge difference BUT why waste the money? Over the last 6 years that would have been $36 so far. Plus, the longer I leave it on, the more I am effectively paying for the game. I'll just turn it off. I'm tired of leaving it on.

My gawd I just remembered I did this like 2 months ago and they still haven't reached 800 people? ffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back