Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, May 22, 2012:
The Woman in Black:

• DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray - $19.99
Red Tails:

• DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive in-store only*
This Means War:

• DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99
The Secret World of Arrietty:

• DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
WWE: The Best of WCW Clash of the Champions:

• 3-Disc Set DVD - $16.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
The River: Season One:

• DVD - $18.99 ($8.99 after coupon)
Teen Wolf: The Complete Season One:

• DVD - $26.99
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you buy any 3 TV titles $14.99 & up. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive gift card.
Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete Second Season:

• DVD - $26.99
Slash: Apocalyptic Love:

• Deluxe Edition CD/DVD - $19.99
NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.
TV on DVD Sale:
Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you buy any 3 TV titles $14.99 & up. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive gift card.
Community:

• Season 1 - $12.99
  • Season 2 - $19.99
Family Guy:

• Volumes 3 - 6 - $12.99 each
  • Volumes 7 - 9 - $17.99 each
The Cleveland Show:

• Seasons 1 - 2 - $12.99 each
Weeds:

• Season 6 - $14.99
  • Season 7 - $21.99
The Mentalist:

• Seasons 1 - 3 - $16.99 each
The Simpsons:

• Seasons 11 - 13, 20 - $17.99 each
  • Season 14 - $22.99
Glee:

• Season 1 - $17.99
  • Season 2 - $22.99
House:

• Seasons 1 - 2, 7 - $17.99 each
Breakout Kings:

• Season 1 - $22.99
Chuck:

• Season 5 - $26.99
Modern Family:

• Season 1 - $26.99
  • Season 2 - $29.99
TV on Blu-ray Sale:
Glee:

• Season 1 - $22.99
  • Season 2 - $26.99
House:

• Season 7 - $17.99
Men in Black 3 Bonus Movie Cash:
Free Men in Black 3 bonus movie cash with purchase of one of these movies (up to $10 value; Men in Black 3 in theaters 5/25/12; offer expires 7/5/12).
$12.99

• Men in Black Blu-ray (includes sneak peek of Men in Black 3 and UltraViolet Digital Copy)
  • Men in Black II Blu-ray (includes sneak peek of Men in Black 3 and UltraViolet Digital Copy)

Thanks to Annie Chu

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Woman in Black! Loved that movie,to bad there doesn't seem to be a steelbook anywhere.

[quote name='Vap']Yay! Woman in Black! Loved that movie,to bad there doesn't seem to be a steelbook anywhere.[/QUOTE]

There's a UK version w/ a lenticular slip, and Future Shop in Canada has an exclusive slip, but no, sadly, no steelbook.

I haven't watched wrestling in probably a decade, but if they have the Clash of the Champions Blu at a good price during the next U&S, I'll definitely grab it.

It's good to be taken back to your childhood every once in a while.

Crap....was hoping Best Buy would advertise a deal for The Secret of Arrietty, Castle in the Sky, and Whisper of the Heart Blu-Rays >_>

[quote name='WV Matsui']Seriously why can't U&S be permanent? Haha[/QUOTE]

If it was permanent BB would find a way to render it useless. For example raising prices by $5.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']If it was permanent BB would find a way to render it useless. For example raising prices by $5.

M[/QUOTE]

Of course I just love the promo!

Did the River get good towards the end of the season? I stopped watching after a few episodes. And did it get picked up for a second season? $9 is crazy cheap for a TV show on release day.

[quote name='mpaullin']Did the River get good towards the end of the season? I stopped watching after a few episodes. And did it get picked up for a second season? $9 is crazy cheap for a TV show on release day.[/QUOTE]

It definitely got better. Turned pretty fu*king crazy in the last episode.

[quote name='shadowkast']I hate to bomb the thread but... any asus tablets on sale? Gotta get the wife's birthday present by Saturday[/QUOTE]

TF300 Transformer Tablet for $399 32GB. SHows as "new" and having ICS OS. I believe this might be MSRP.

[quote name='Scorch']There's a UK version w/ a lenticular slip, and Future Shop in Canada has an exclusive slip, but no, sadly, no steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the FutureShop version is a Blu-ray combo pack with lenticular slip while the HMV exclusive are just a Blu-ray with lenticular slip.

[quote name='mpaullin']Did the River get good towards the end of the season? I stopped watching after a few episodes. And did it get picked up for a second season? $9 is crazy cheap for a TV show on release day.[/QUOTE]Definitely got better. I didn't get around to watching until I had six stacked on my dvr. The first episode I thought was pretty good and it had potential, the second was just ok, then it got better and better to the point that I watched one after another instead of playing games. The last three or four episodes were really really good. It's definitely worth getting for $9 to watch it if you don't have netflix, etc. As far as season 2, see below.

[quote name='ausinwarren']It definitely got better. Turned pretty fu*king crazy in the last episode.[/QUOTE]Next to last was pretty crazy, too.

[quote name='jscme']According to zap2it.com, The River has been cancelled:

http://www.zap2it.com/news/pictures/zap-20112012-cancelled-tv-shows-pictures,0,2112472.photogallery[/QUOTE]
There may be hope, if ever so slim. IGN reported that even before the show was officially cancelled Netfix contacted ABC Studios about moving the show to Netflix. There hasn't been much word since. Netfix also talked to FOX Studios about Terra Nova, but those talks seemed to have ended that it wouldn't happen probably due to budgeting issues. Netflix is also looking into getting Jericho back with new episodes as that's a really popular show on streaming. Wish they'd go after Awake. They've already ressurected Arrested Development. I'm going to have to subscribe soon.

The Best Buy exclusive for "Red Tails" is 10 minutes of bonus footage via an access code. Not even a separate disc! Really Best Buy?

This wasn't posted in the OP, but The first two seasons of Community are also on sale (S1-$12.99, S2-$19.99). I've heard great things but never actually seen an episode. Is it worth a blind buy? I just recently started getting into Arrested Development (took me way too long, I know) and love it, is it kind of like that?

just a quick heads up, I picked up teen wolf yesterday and a couple other sets to get the 10.00 gc. but i didn't get gc, and t.w. came up as sci-fi and not a tv series. but the manager was cool about it and issued the gc with no problem. so if any happens to run into this just show them the ad.

bread's done
Back