Looking for a band like Freezepop

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Synth-pop, techno-pop, whatever you want to call it, does anyone know of a band that sounds like Freezepop, or maybe The Postal Service, The Unicorns or Mindless Self Indulgence. I like the whole fusion of techno and rock, but I don't really like techno all by its lonesome.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i like enon. i guess you could compare them to those bands, sort of.

i've never heard freezepop, though.[/QUOTE]

Really good call on Enon. Anyone else have any suggestions?

[quote name='evilmregg']I highly recommend Octopus Project's One Ten Hundred Thousand Million, which is all instrumental but still really good.[/QUOTE]

Are all their songs instrumentals?

What about some Tek-House. Try "Royal Gigolos - California Dreaming"

Fatboy Slim does alot of mash-ups with old 70s songs that you might dig too.

The synth guy for Freezepop, I think worked in my fav band, Splashdown. Splashdown has a really unique fusion of rock and synth stuff. And if you end up liking Splashdown, you can look into Universal Hall Pass.

I haven't heard Freezepop in a few years, is that guy still contructing all of the music strictly with the QY-70 or has he moved on? Because as much as I think the QY series is cool as a songwriting/arranging tool, I've never really liked Freezepop's sound - using it as the primary tool.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']I haven't heard Freezepop in a few years, is that guy still contructing all of the music strictly with the QY-70 or has he moved on? Because as much as I think the QY series is cool as a songwriting/arranging tool, I've never really liked Freezepop's sound - using it as the primary tool.[/QUOTE]

Um I'm not really sure. If it is any indication at all, the newer songs have a much more complex feel to them. Not as beepy and boopy.

I'm going to go old fashioned, and recommend Kraftwerk. Pocket Calculator would be great to have on Amplitude.

Or... dare I say it...

logo_jpop.gif

:D :D

bread's done
Back