Binary Domain (Xbox 360) for $24.95 with Free Shipping at gamedealdaily.com

[quote name='autche']This is the PAL version [/QUOTE]

I own the pal version -- I ordered it a few weeks back from ShopTo -- when that original $25 deal was posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PAL format only applies if you're playing the game in SD, correct?

I'm playing on an HD TV via HDMI. When it first booted, the game was black barred on the right and left of the screen and the image was elongated, and it definitely looked a bit wonky, however in the options menu there are a few screen-size options, and the second option seems to have righted the initial screen-size wrong. After making that adjustment the game has looked fine ever since.

Is 1080p a universal format, or am I losing graphic quality running a PAL game on my US HD TV... any thoughts or comments on that?

- Bok

I'd like to play this game, but PAL at $25 is not the same as US retail for that. If you can hold out until early fall, I imagine this one will hit $20 just as fast as the AAA titles have or sooner.

[quote name='Masterkyo']If u live in KS or MO (Nebraska Furniture Mart store have it for $12 (PS3/360) version.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I live about 3 hours away from a NFM but am in the area about twice per month. I'll stop by next time I'm there. Thanks for the heads up.

Not too bad a deal, though I can wait for the regular to drop. I have other stuff to get to so the US version will be cheap enough in due time, plus I probably don't need to go through all of the problems myself and others have dealt with on GDD.

Dude, I just went and looked at Nebraska Furniture Mart's prices and I am moving! Their prices match or beat Amazon on several games. If only had a vacation or business trip. Damn.

I remembered few games i picked up last weekend: Ace Combat (3DS) $10, Lego Harry Potter (3DS) $10, Mario Land 3D (3DS) $26, Lord of the Rings: WOTN (PS3) $10, Super Street Fighter IV Arcarde Version (PS3/360) $20, Soul Calibur 5 (PS3/360) $25, Street Fighter vs Tekken (PS3/360) $25 Limited Edition $30, Also, Street Fighter vs Tekken Controller $16 Each. Few more DS, Wii, 360, PS3 games on clearances under $10 Each.

[quote name='Boklavah']I own the pal version -- I ordered it a few weeks back from ShopTo -- when that original $25 deal was posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PAL format only applies if you're playing the game in SD, correct?

I'm playing on an HD TV via HDMI. When it first booted, the game was black barred on the right and left of the screen and the image was elongated, and it definitely looked a bit wonky, however in the options menu there are a few screen-size options, and the second option seems to have righted the initial screen-size wrong. After making that adjustment the game has looked fine ever since.

Is 1080p a universal format, or am I losing graphic quality running a PAL game on my US HD TV... any thoughts or comments on that?

- Bok[/QUOTE]

I did a quick scan of this article, it looks like it will give an explanation to what you are experiencing - if I wasn't running off to work, I would've put cut and pasted parts here:

http://hometheater.about.com/od/televisionbasics/qt/ntscpalframes.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure I've ordered from them in the past and got my item but shipping was forever if I remember. By the time this arrives to u in the US it will be $25 in store somewhere probably

[quote name='VaultDweller']i remember some people here saying it was a scam site, beware[/QUOTE]

Game Deal Daily used to post here what the deal was as a thread for a long time... didn't have a good personal experience with them, but others did.

Not exactly. PAL format only applies to DVDs, while the PS3's Blu-rays are region-free.

[quote name='Boklavah']I own the pal version -- I ordered it a few weeks back from ShopTo -- when that original $25 deal was posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PAL format only applies if you're playing the game in SD, correct?

- Bok[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Binary Domain.

We received our stock in the mail from the UK on Tuesday. To our surprise, we were sent the Limited Edition rather than the standard.

The limited edition includes bonus single-player and multiplayer DLC. The Dan Marshall Pack contains an exclusive weapon and 3 bonus skills. The Multiplayer Pack includes 2 weapons, an additional Ninja class, and a new map.

We mailed out Limited Editions to everyone that purchased Binary Domain from us earlier this week and we're now featuring the LE deal on our front page today for the same $24.95 price.

As far as our posting on CAG goes, I'm looking to implement some new customer service options over the next month that should help improve communication for those that have questions about their orders. Once we've got that in place I'll feel comfortable posting our deals in the forums once again. I do check my CAG PM box a few times every week so you're more than welcome to PM me on here if you have any questions about your order.

Are you able to play multiplayer under your US PSN, or do you have to play it with your UK PSN?

All of the non-US region games I have don't have multiplayer.

That's all true, but it will only takes 2 seconds to make a UK account (just Google it), and then you can still use your regular account to play it.

[quote name='barrit']Are you able to play multiplayer under your US PSN, or do you have to play it with your UK PSN?

All of the non-US region games I have don't have multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']That's all true, but it will only takes 2 seconds to make a UK account (just Google it), and then you can still use your regular account to play it.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. I already got a UK account to redeem the dlc, but i didn't want to have to use it to play multiplayer. I guess that is more likely to happen with games with online passes, but this game doesn't even have one.

[quote name='Investor']That's all true, but it will only takes 2 seconds to make a UK account (just Google it), and then you can still use your regular account to play it.[/QUOTE]

Any idea about the 36o version? Will that work for US MP and DLC?

bread's done
Back