*Pre-Order Halo 4 $59.99 + Free Shipping + $25 off next purchase at Microsoft Store

rococo

CAGiversary!
Right now if you preorder halo 4 from the microsoft store online you receive a ~$25 voucher for you next purchase, here is the link:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Halo4
here are the terms and conditions:
**Limited time offer valid on eligible products thru 11/5/2012. $25 single use promo code coupon will be delivered via email within 10 days of game release. Offer and promo code not valid on previous orders, cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Online and in-store terms may differ. Promo code may only be used for future online purchase and expires on 12/31/2012. Limit 3 per person

Hope it's in-store as well, gives me a chance to use my gift cards from their shooter promo last year. Hell, hope there's a launch party too. Thanks for the heads up, rococo.

[quote name='Sway']Hope it's in-store as well, gives me a chance to use my gift cards from their shooter promo last year. Hell, hope there's a launch party too. Thanks for the heads up, rococo.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I plan on going to every launch party they have this year. I barely paid for any games after all the gift cards I got from the lol.

I just got done chatting with a microsoft store rep so I can confirm that the limited edtition is not included in this. I talked to a very dumb person btw. Here is our conversation if anyone is curious. If it is too much text let me know and I will delete it.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. A representative will be with you shortly.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Barbie'.

Barbie: Thank you for chatting Microsoft Store Website. My name is Barbie, how may I help you?
You: I noticed that if you preorder halo 4 you can get a 25 dollar credit is there any way to get this credit with the preorder or the limited edition of halo 4
Barbie: Okay, let me check that for you.
You: thanks
Barbie: Okay,kindly give me 1-2 minutes, need to check my resources to help you.
You: no problem.
Barbie: Thank you for waiting.
Barbie: Can i have the link where find that information?
You: ok
You: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Halo4
Barbie: Thank you, let me check now the link.
Barbie: One moment please?
You: ok.
Barbie: Thanks.
Barbie: I have check the link but there's no $25 credit on it.
You: when you add halo 4 to the cart it shows the credit in the cart
You: credit for a future purchase
Barbie: Okay let me check that.
Barbie: Thank you fod waiting.
You: your welcome
Barbie: $25 credit is only available for the regular version of Halo 4 not on the Limited Edition.
Barbie: Would you like me to place the order for you?
You: no thanks
Barbie: Okay. no problem.
You: thank you for your time
Barbie: Is there anything else that I can help you?
Barbie: You're most welcome.
Barbie: Thank you for chatting with Microsoft Store. Have a wonderful day.

[quote name='johnoralex']I just got done chatting with a microsoft store rep so I can confirm that the limited edtition is not included in this. I talked to a very dumb person btw. Here is our conversation if anyone is curious. If it is too much text let me know and I will delete it.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. A representative will be with you shortly.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Barbie'.

Barbie: Thank you for chatting Microsoft Store Website. My name is Barbie, how may I help you?
You: I noticed that if you preorder halo 4 you can get a 25 dollar credit is there any way to get this credit with the preorder or the limited edition of halo 4
Barbie: Okay, let me check that for you.
You: thanks
Barbie: Okay,kindly give me 1-2 minutes, need to check my resources to help you.
You: no problem.
Barbie: Can i have the link where find that information?
You: ok
You: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Halo4
Barbie: Thank you, let me check now the link.
Barbie: One moment please?
You: ok.
Barbie: Thanks.
Barbie: I have check the link but there's no $25 credit on it.
You: when you add halo 4 to the cart it shows the credit in the cart
You: credit for a future purchase
Barbie: Okay let me check that.
Barbie: Thank you fod waiting.
You: your welcome
Barbie: $25 credit is only available for the regular version of Halo 4 not on the Limited Edition.
Barbie: Would you like me to place the order for you?
You: no thanks
Barbie: Okay. no problem.
You: thank you for your time
Barbie: Is there anything else that I can help you?
Barbie: You're most welcome.
Barbie: Thank you for chatting with Microsoft Store. Have a wonderful day.[/QUOTE]

She sounds hot

[quote name='rococo']Promo code may only be used for future online purchase and expires on 12/31/2012.[/QUOTE]

Game releases on Nov 6. Promo code is sent within 10 days so Nov 16th at the latest. And code expires in Dec 2012?!?!?!

$25 is a lot, but there isn't enough time to use it on a good deal.

[quote name='CaseX']Game releases on Nov 6. Promo code is sent within 10 days so Nov 16th at the latest. And code expires in Dec 2012?!?!?!

$25 is a lot, but there isn't enough time to use it on a good deal.[/QUOTE]
True but I am taking it as within 10 days before release date, if that helps.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']True but I am taking it as within 10 days before release date, if that helps.[/QUOTE]

I think you're taking it the wrong way. No way they're sending it before the release day.

My friend and his gf might like this deal since I know they're both going to want this game. I wish they had like some faster shipping option like release day shipping.

Definitely worth it if you can go to a store nearby. Their black Friday deals are usually pretty solid, last year halo cea was $20 (it had come out a month earlier) and kinect sports s1+2 were $15

they had online deals which were decent but not amazing

@johnoralex
if you can find a print out of Microsoft store stating the $25 credit you can try geting the limited in store
Also you could try pm'ing it for limited at best buy normally pretty good about giving credit on pm's. Once I even got them to take the credit off the actual game. (ie. another store was giving $10 credit, he let me take $10 off the cost of the game on launch day)

dont suppose there has been any mention of halo 4 preorder bonuses besides limited edition??? like is gamestop getting something as usual???

Not a bad deal, but I think I'm gonna wait to see if Amazon or Newegg does some kind of deal. Although highly doubt anything will be promo'd on the LE (which is the one I want).

Got an email stating that you can now pre-order in stores and get the $25 gift card:
url]

Hmmm, not sure why the img tags don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BNoyes']I'm not at all familiar with the MS store. Can you use that $25 voucher to purchase games from XBLA?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the stores sell digital games/DLC like Gamestop does, but they do carry point cards.

[quote name='bfett9']
@Sway are you not from USA, because the cover of the game you show is PAL region also the image tags have to all be on same line as image link/[/QUOTE]

I live in California and the image still doesn't show up despite the image tags being on the same line. I even removed the url tags the board automatically gives but it still doesn't work. Oh well.

Here's the small print from the email:

*NOTE: Halo Infinity Multiplayer will revert players to default colors in some competitive modes.

Gift card offer is valid only for pre-orders of eligible product completed prior to November 4, 2012 or while supplies last. Gift card offer requires that customer make a pre-order deposit for the eligible product and a purchase of the eligible product upon its launch. Pre-order deposits are non-refundable if the product is not purchased or a refund not requested within 120 days of the product release date. Offer not available online. Limit 1 gift card per person. Gift card will be issued at the redeeming retail location upon purchase of the pre-ordered product and verification of pre-order through presentation of an original receipt. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Gift card may not be used toward the purchase of pre-ordered product, may not be transferred or redeemed for cash and may not be combined with any other offer.

[quote name='bfett9']@BNoyes You can use the $25 to buy an XBL Points to spend on games from XBLA or DLC. The Store also has select XBLA titles available for direct purchase (you buy a code for game) Just search store here: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/list/parentCategoryID.50606600/categoryID.57397900
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. It's tempting, but I think I'll pass on this offer. I'll just pick it up during a holiday sale. I've never been a Halo fan, but I really like what I saw in the new gameplay videos. Some of the gameplay seemed a little staged though, so I'll still wait and see.

Does anyone if they charge you right away for pre orders? Or are they similar to Amazon where they don't charge you until they ship the game? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Geco17']Does anyone if they charge you right away for pre orders? Or are they similar to Amazon where they don't charge you until they ship the game? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Orders_Shipping

Halo 4 multiplayer requires an Xbox 360 hard drive or 8GB USB flash drive

"Halo 4's eye-catching multiplayer requires at least an 8GB USB flash drive or an Xbox 360 hard drive, Microsoft has confirmed.

For the "optimal experience", Microsoft "highly recommends" using a hard drive. Xbox 360 4GB, Arcade and Core models do not come with a hard drive built in. You'll have to buy one separately, if you haven't already done so.

On Xbox.com Microsoft suggests the pre-configured Xbox 360 USB flash drives by SanDisk, which come in 8GB and 16GB flavours and include Xbox 360 update software and room for your profile, game saves and digital gubbins. You can use other USB flash drives, but they must be configured as Xbox 360 memory units.

On the hard drive front, Microsoft suggests the Xbox 360 320GB media hard drive, which includes the full downloadable Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars.

Microsoft's note, some five months before the release of Halo 4, is no doubt an attempt to avoid the complaints it received upon the launch of Halo: Reach, which surprised many by preventing Xbox 360 owners who didn't have a hard drive from playing the campaign cooperatively."

Important note from the MSStore: Pre-orders will be shipped following release.
Confirmed that with chat support today, so you may want to rethink if you're planning opening night festivities.

bread's done
Back