Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon: (thanks to Vendetta for the links)
PS3 Version
360 Version

Capcom store:
PS3 Version
360 Version

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

From Capcom's website:

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

*UPDATE*
The PS3 version will be getting all 3 Alpha games as PSOne Classics and Alpha 3 MAX on PSP (digital download presumably).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']Link to pre-order would help.[/QUOTE]

I said I was working on it in the OP :roll:

The trailer up on Youtube says pre-order now, but I haven't seen any place that's offering pre-orders yet, not even Capcom's store. This was like just announced so I'm guessing the pre-order details will be out a bit later today or something.

If anybody finds a link to a pre-order before me, just post it in the thread and I'll update the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9fq-j5McYE

Waiting for this to drop to $60 one year after it releases.

Also, how is the multiplayer community for all these games? Just like FPS, it seems to me as an outsider that all the console players would migrate to the latest and the greatest fighting game as soon as it's released. Do any of these games offer substantial single player modes like Mortal Kombat in lieu of a barren multiplayer experience?

Capcom is also holding a global Street Fighter tournament to celebrate the franchise's birthday, with more than $500,000 in cash up for grabs. There'll be a number of regional heats before an invite-only grand final in San Francisco on 8th December.

Here are the dates in full:
28-29th July: Austin, TX
11-12th August: New York area (location pending)
26th August: Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
Mid-September: Tokyo area (date and location pending)
27-30th September: London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
13-14th October: Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
27-28th October: Los Angeles, CA
31st October 31 to 4th November: Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
8th December: Finals in San Francisco, CA

[quote name='Bosamba']Waiting for this to drop to $60 one year after it releases[/QUOTE]

Just looks cool and all and im a street fighter fan, but $150 is way to much.
Wait and see if it drops below $60

[quote name='Bosamba']Waiting for this to drop to $60 one year after it releases[/QUOTE]

Well since they're actually numbering them with a certificate and all, this may be fairly limited.

In for 20 copies :p I kid, I kid, CAG, although if it's rare, expect the treasure hunters to buy this game in droves as soon as its available for pre-order.

Actually seems like a nice deal for the games and swag you get. Too bad anyone who would be interested in this probably already owns them.

I'll wait for their Street Fighter II 25th Anniversary Collector's Set to come out in 2016 with all the original contents of this and plus the additional costumes and at least 2 extra characters. I think they are going to call it the Street Fighter II Super 25th Anniversary Collector's Set.

Disregarding DLC, which is frivolous for these games, here is the cost-by-cost of everything.

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken $40
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC) $30
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix $15
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition $10

-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!) Why not stream?
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie Why not stream?
Light-up Ryu statue $30
Ryu's belt $15

~$135 without stuff that's going to be uploaded on YouTube anyway (Documentaries & soundtracks). Even so....from that package you have two digital only games that will be worthless if you already own them. Not to mention Street Fighter x Tekken has some serious issues (console breaking glitch still hasn't been patched), so IDK. I would only put $150 if it came with a tournament arcade stick.

It looks like a nice set, but I know Capcom will just release "Super Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Turbo Championship Edition" 6 months later.

I won't get fooled again, Capcom! :lol:

They had a perfect opportunity to add in street fighter alpha 3 hd but noooooo, they like to avoid that game like the plague. I just don't get it...

Seems neat, but I already have all those games cuz I'm a tool. Soundtracks are a great idea, but I'd rather they release a huge box set complete collection like Castlevania did.

[quote name='MrBubbles']Disregarding DLC, which is frivolous for these games, here is the cost-by-cost of everything.

Games

-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!) Why not stream?
Light-up Ryu statue $30
Ryu's belt $15

~$135 without stuff that's going to be uploaded on YouTube anyway (Documentaries & soundtracks). Even so....from that package you have two digital only games that will be worthless if you already own them. Not to mention Street Fighter x Tekken has some serious issues (console breaking glitch still hasn't been patched), so IDK. I would only put $150 if it came with a tournament arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

in answer to streaming some people do like to actually own the dvds...i mean you visit this site plenty of us here are game/dvd/blu-ray hoarders. while streaming would be logical some of us just want to own it.

as for this 150 is a lot and im not a huge street fighter fan.

the street fighter tekken x game will likely be 20 bucks by the time this hits.

super hyper street fighter ultimate fanboy championship edition. wear your ryu belt with pride as you shoryuken down the halls of fame on your segway.

this is the total nerd edition made for people who already have every installment of streetfighter anyway. sorry but capcom never fails to fail when it comes to trying to drain all your bucks.

[quote name='MrBubbles']Disregarding DLC, which is frivolous for these games, here is the cost-by-cost of everything.

I would only put $150 if it came with a tournament arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

I assume you aren't informed to the situation concerning SFxT but I don't see 12 additional characters for $20 as frivolous. Unless you're referring to another "tournament arcade stick" manufacturer, I'd also like to hear your reason for a $150 accessory to be included in a collection that costs $150.

Games

Light-up Ryu statue $30
Ryu's belt $15

~$135 without stuff that's going to be uploaded on YouTube anyway (Documentaries & soundtracks). Even so....from that package you have two digital only games that will be worthless if you already own them. Not to mention Street Fighter x Tekken has some serious issues (console breaking glitch still hasn't been patched), so IDK. I would only put $150 if it came with a tournament arcade stick.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to try very hard not to sound like a jerk, so please forgive me if I do.

However, just because you don't want something in the set doesn't change the fact that it's still there. I can pull things out all day if I want to make it sound like a horrible deal (Well, I could put a light bulb underneath the Ryu figure that came with SF4, so that's not worth anything. I can take a belt off of a black robe, by then SFxTekken will be $10, etc.) Considering that the SF versions of Fightsticks started at around $150 on their own, you can't really expect that to be thrown in as well and still maintain the same pricetag.

What you're willing to pay is one thing, and certainly there's no argument about that. However, when deciding on the "worth" or "value" of something objectively, you have to take the cost of everything into account.

-"New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game"

I wonder if this will tell the story of the on disc locked content and how customers took to their own devices and got back what they already paid for?

As far as cash grabs go, this one isn't awful... especially by capcom standards.

I just don't see who it's supposed to be for though. The type of person who would buy such a thing probably already owns most of the content provided, and IMO the exclusive stuff really isn't worth $150.

Some cool stuff in there though. I'd definitely pick it up at a more reasonable price.

chris-bosh-lebron-bomb.gif

In!

I already own 2 of the titles on 360, and Ive been slowly migrating over to PSN for fighters anyway. Sounds like a good deal to me

This is a pretty great value. I've got most of these games on 360, but I've been thinking about making the PS3 conversion recently. This will make the jump easy, AND provide me with high quality rips of the soundtracks. Artbook's a huge bonus for me.

I'm in, provided Amazon gets a page up soon.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'm going to try very hard not to sound like a jerk, so please forgive me if I do.

However, just because you don't want something in the set doesn't change the fact that it's still there. I can pull things out all day if I want to make it sound like a horrible deal (Well, I could put a light bulb underneath the Ryu figure that came with SF4, so that's not worth anything. I can take a belt off of a black robe, by then SFxTekken will be $10, etc.) Considering that the SF versions of Fightsticks started at around $150 on their own, you can't really expect that to be thrown in as well and still maintain the same pricetag.

What you're willing to pay is one thing, and certainly there's no argument about that. However, when deciding on the "worth" or "value" of something objectively, you have to take the cost of everything into account.[/QUOTE]

Bubbles is the one who sounded like a jerk, cherry picking what does and doesn't have value in the set. Your rebuttal is spot-on.

I find this set very tempting - will have to see how finances look...

[quote name='fujimitsu']As far as cash grabs go, this one isn't awful... especially by capcom standards.

I just don't see who it's supposed to be for though. The type of person who would buy such a thing probably already owns most of the content provided, and IMO the exclusive stuff really isn't worth $150.

Some cool stuff in there though. I'd definitely pick it up at a more reasonable price.[/QUOTE]
I can also see this as an attempt to try and win back some of the fans that they lost along the way. Honestly, I stepped away between SSFIV and the Arcade edition of the same game. The disc-locked content and such on SFxT was a dissapointment to me as well, and didn't help my opinion.

As such, I technically don't have anything that is in this set. This would be a good opportunity for them to get business back from people like me that felt and acted the same way (on the fence types, not your loud obnoxious types).

Games

Light-up Ryu statue $30
Ryu's belt $15

If you're going to be discounting the value of the video content because of piracy, why not just zero out the games as well?

I'd definitely be interested in something like this, ...well, provided it comes in a sturdy box and not in the ultra cheap thin pre-crushed cardboard some manufacturers have been using lately for Limited/Special Editions. Also, am I understanding correctly that even with this $150 special edition, you're still not getting ALL the DLC for games though only costumes and characters? I don't have SxT yet, but I remember hearing something about gems and augmenting abilities?

I agree with the earlier comment regarding the Alpha series.. Seems a damn shame that they couldn't have thrown in a port of Alpha Anthology or something along those lines. I'd have considered biting on this if I could get an arcade perfect port of a SFa game in the set.

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken $40 [/QUOTE]

I don't think 12 characters priced at $20 would count as a frivolous addition to a fighter. You better jack that price back up to $60. The costumes you can disregard since those are actually frivolous.

I have every single thing in that already. I collect Street Fighter games, though, so I might just have to bite. Bah! So expensive!

I prob get 360 Version Since I already have SSFIV AE and SFXTK on PS3. This is pratically a steal since The games themselves are worth about $125 with no additional DLC

A fightstick is too much to ask for considering the price of it, but a fightpad might be reasonable. A limited edition one only with the collection would have been awesome.

[quote name='Sway']I assume you aren't informed to the situation concerning SFxT but I don't see 12 additional characters for $20 as frivolous. Unless you're referring to another "tournament arcade stick" manufacturer, I'd also like to hear your reason for a $150 accessory to be included in a collection that costs $150.[/QUOTE]

Wow!! $20 worth of DLC characters already stored on the disc! What a steal!:applause:

A tournament stick would be nice giving it's tall price and the value of SFxT isn't that great giving it's low sales due to the DLC shenanigans that angered consumers. As for the price, after having been personally burnt-out on the cheaper (yet licensed) versions of the SF4 Arcade sticks, it's not like they're made of gold.

However, just because you don't want something in the set doesn't change the fact that it's still there.

If you're looking at it objectively, you have SF4 Arcade, 2 digital games, and SFxTekken as the main meat of the package (with the frivolous costume DLC I might add). We're gonna ballpark that to $100 worth of content, the extra $50 is on a Bluray documentary, DVDs, Shoryuken statue, belt, artbook, and soundtrack.

-I- don't think it's worth an extra $50, but it's not like the world revolve around me and only me. I can't put a price on how much a 25th anniversary set is worth to a devoted fan *shrugs*. It's your money, not mine. I was only pointing out the costs for the stuff that attributes to the high price. A Bluray SF documentary isn't your main motivation for putting down $150, at least I hope not.

If you're going to be discounting the value of the video content because of piracy, why not just zero out the games as well?

....Ok?

I don't think 12 characters priced at $20 would count as a frivolous addition to a fighter. You better jack that price back up to $60. The costumes you can disregard since those are actually frivolous.

In what world can you possibly justify Capcom locking content out of the game, then have the audacity to charge you to access it down the road? They got so much bad rep that at management level they're reworking their policies. http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29118153/Question_about_on-disc_DLC I mean, you really can't spin this any other way than Capcom acknowledging this issue. They've done this practice in the past, but not to this scale. Incidentally Jill and Shuma aren't part of UMvC3, they're still DLC.

[quote name='MrBubbles']In what world can you possibly justify Capcom locking content out of the game, then have the audacity to charge you to access it down the road? [/QUOTE]

You called characters in a fighter frivolous, I was disagreeing and saying it adds to the overall value of the bundle whether or not you like the practice.

bread's done
Back