PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Problems???

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I just picked up a Sony Wireless Stereo Headset. Not bad sound by any means and, overall, I was happy with not being tangled in wires.

And then...the problems began. Apparently, the headset is interfering with the PS3's internet connection. Netflix is horribly slow, PSN is equally slow, and I can barely get an online game going. When I turn off the headset and unplug the dongle, things are back to normal.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how was it fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I had all sorts of headaches with PS3 wifi and game peripherals. Used a cable to connect my PS3 to the internets and it's been happy days ever since.

Wireless networking = suck if you want reliability. You'd have double the problems if you are using a network bandwidth in the same spectrum as the headset. I'll say I have issues if my son leaves the dongle for the skylander pad in.

Personally, I hard wire everything I can. If you want reliability, string some runs of cable together (don't forget max length) and run it to your PS3 while gaming. You will have a much better experience.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm currently using the WiFi and was really hoping to avoid connecting an internet cable to the PS3. However, it sounds like the cable's for the best. I'll give it a go. Thanks!

You should be able to go into your wireless router/modem and change your "Wireless Channel" to a different number (try 1 if your not on it or if it's set to auto scan). That should stop the interference between the headset and your Wifi signal.

This is one of the reasons besides the price that is stopping me from buying one of these.

I'll wait for a Bluetooth version of this headset. Seems possible.

It would be awesome to use something like this with other Bluetooth compatible devices like the PS Vita and the PSP Go.

I use the headset and have a wireless connection and experience no such issue.

To generalize that all the sony headsets do this is silly.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']You should be able to go into your wireless router/modem and change your "Wireless Channel" to a different number (try 1 if your not on it or if it's set to auto scan). That should stop the interference between the headset and your Wifi signal.[/QUOTE]

This +1

Your router is probably broadcasting on a channel that numerous other devices are using as well (including maybe your neighbor's wireless router) Change the wireless channel and it should fix your problem.

I had some issues but solved them by using a usb extension cable I had that came with a flash drive I had gotten a while back to extend the receiver dongle away from the ps3 and it works great with my wifi connection.

bread's done
Back