GameStop Console Trade-in Values

misleading thread title, thought you were bragging about something there change the title to TIVs for consoles

yeah thats really decent for the wii.

how come below that it shows a bonus 30% trade in on systems, but both cannot be combined with any other offer?

I suppose on the few systems that don't have special values (psp, ds lite, etc) you get the 30%.

I may be ditching a Wii in this.

[quote name='gsr1379']I just got an email from gamestop.

Trade in Values.

Xbox 360 Original $100
Xbox 360 Slim $150
Playstation 3 $150
Nintendo Wii $75
Nintendo 3DS $100
PS Vita $125

Offer valid 5/25/12 - 6/3/12

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

Does not sound to bad I might dump my Wii[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I just sold my Slim, BF3, and UFC 3 for $175. Guess I didn't miss out that much considering I got cash and I wouldn't know what to do with the Gamestop credit.

$150 for any slim is a really good deal; seeming how you can get the 4GB for slightly more then that.

I bougt a 4GB Slim a little over a year ago. Sounds like it runs a little hot (Fan is always on and really loud).

I also bought a 250GB slim (refurb) from Best Buy for $150 a few weeks ago I was going to try and resell. I would consider trading my 4GB Slim into Gamestop for $150 and trying to convert that into cash via trade ins and such...

is it difficult to get my gamertag from one console onto another one? I don't have anything downloaded on my 4GB right now (that I'm aware of) other then netflix, hulu, etc. Would I need to format the drive before trading it in?

Is this considered good value for those consoles? It seems like it to me, but I don't follow TIVs and resale prices very closely on consoles.

I have two 360's I'd like to upgrade to the newer model with the faster wireless card. I also have a Wii I haven't touched in like two years and probably never will again. $275 in Steam credit sounds like a pretty fair exchange.

Might be time to dump my phat original 60GB ps3. I replaced it with a 320GB last year and its been sitting in a closet since.

Do you have to have the pay PUR membership?

Interesting. I may have to find someone to dump this 60gb PS3 I have for me. I can't say no to getting rid of it for $150 and I may even have them take cash for it if the deal still applies.;) Nothing like tripling my money I paid for it.

[quote name='Lint21']Is this considered good value for those consoles? It seems like it to me, but I don't follow TIVs and resale prices very closely on consoles.

I have two 360's I'd like to upgrade to the newer model with the faster wireless card. I also have a Wii I haven't touched in like two years and probably never will again. $275 in Steam credit sounds like a pretty fair exchange.[/QUOTE]

Very good deal, at least on the 360 IMO. Goes for less than that on eBay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. I may have to find someone to dump this 60gb PS3 I have for me. I can't say no to getting rid of it for $150 and I may even have them take cash for it if the deal still applies.;) Nothing like tripling my money.[/QUOTE]

Cash?!?

[quote name='Deuce-']Cash?!?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Gamestop offers a cash option for trades and has for several years now. It's 20% less than the normal trade-in value though. But the PUR 10% usually applies to it and negates half of the reduction in value.;)

Hey do you guys know if you have to have the original black controller the Xbox 360 Slim came with or can you just use a wired white one? Also, do they inspect the consoles really well because I have opened mine a few times to clean inside it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. Gamestop offers a cash option for trades and has for several years now. It's 20% less than the normal trade-in value though. But the PUR 10% usually applies to it and negates half of the reduction in value.;)[/QUOTE]

I thought PUR doesn't work with cash trade in? I've always been told this every time I go to trade something in, maybe they are all liars?

[quote name='Lint21']Is this considered good value for those consoles? It seems like it to me, but I don't follow TIVs and resale prices very closely on consoles.

I have two 360's I'd like to upgrade to the newer model with the faster wireless card. I also have a Wii I haven't touched in like two years and probably never will again. $275 in Steam credit sounds like a pretty fair exchange.[/QUOTE]

i know the FAT xbox 360 were 55
I know the 3ds was 65

before this sale ...

I knew i should of held onto that 3ds i got for 95 and dumped it to them

Sucks for me. I recently traded in my Metal Gear Solid 80gb ps3 for $100 at GS (used $50 coupon and -$35 refurb fee for not reading discs).

At least the Uncharted bundle I bought was $50 off and came with a free copy of Batman Arkham city.

Really good price on the 360 Slim, maybe they're trying to stock up on used consoles before the 360 ban here in the states..

I'm tempted to trade in my 80GB MGS4 PS3. Don't play it. Ever. Used it to charge my ipod for years and now my ipod is broke so,....

I wish the 30% bonus would stack, does it?

I've been looking to sell my PS3 on craigslist but I've been getting offers at $175 but then the people changed their minds. $150 isn't bad and I'd apply it towards the Wii U I get later in the year

[quote name='flix1']Might be time to dump my phat original 60GB ps3.[/QUOTE]

My original got the YLOD last week. So sad..

[quote name='DaShaka']I thought PUR doesn't work with cash trade in? I've always been told this every time I go to trade something in, maybe they are all liars?[/QUOTE]
Unless they changed it recently, it should work on cash trades.

[quote name='bonesawisready']I'm tempted to trade in my 80GB MGS4 PS3. Don't play it. Ever. Used it to charge my ipod for years and now my ipod is broke so,....

I wish the 30% bonus would stack, does it?

I've been looking to sell my PS3 on craigslist but I've been getting offers at $175 but then the people changed their minds. $150 isn't bad and I'd apply it towards the Wii U I get later in the year[/QUOTE]

it would be awesome if it does. we'll find out tommorrow i suppose.

[quote name='RugerRellP89']Hey do you guys know if you have to have the original black controller the Xbox 360 Slim came with or can you just use a wired white one? Also, do they inspect the consoles really well because I have opened mine a few times to clean inside it.[/QUOTE]

If you opened your system you are most likely out of luck. 99% of the time they pop the faceplate off and check to make sure that the warranty sticker is there (if you got a Slim they check for the warranty sticker on the back of the console instead as there is no sticker under the faceplate on a Slim - it is a small black rectangle shaped sticker on the back).

I have traded in 4 phat xboxes and only 1 time did I trade in a console and they didnt check under the faceplate for the warranty sticker...

You might get lucky and get a dumb employee who doesnt know how to do their job and wont check for the sticker...but the odds are overwhelming that they will check IMHO.

Its nice if you live in a place that has multiple Gamestops as I do - that way if you get denied at one you can try a different one.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']If you opened your system you are most likely out of luck. 99% of the time they pop the faceplate off and check to make sure that the warranty sticker is there (I assume you have a phat model xbox 360).

I have traded in 4 phat xboxes and only 1 time did I trade in a console and they didnt check under the faceplate for the warranty sticker...

You might get lucky and get a dumb employee who doesnt know how to do their job and wont check for the sticker...but the odds are overwhelming that they will check IMHO.

Its nice if you live in a place that has multiple Gamestops as I do - that way if you get denied at one you can try a different one.[/QUOTE]

My local Gamestop did not check under the faceplate for warranty stickers. They turned the sucker on and put in a game and played for about 5-10 minutes before they determined it was working condition and gave me credit for my consoles.

^^ *clap*

The employees that work at your Gamestop are either morons or are not following procedure. They almost always check the consoles I trade in at my local Gamestops.

The Gamestop in the mall where I live at is where I have gotten lucky - there is a girl that works there and she is obviously not the smartest because she accepted the console that the other local Gamestop did not because it didnt have a warranty sticker. The guys that work there check though because the last one I brought there they checked...it had a sticker though so it didnt matter.

In the last thread we had that pertained to the $140 in stacked GS credit for a phat xbox 360, we had the same question asked and the majority of people replied "yes - they check" if I recall correctly. This is not the first time this question has been asked. The general consensus seemed to be that they do check...but you can also get lucky and bring one in and hope they either dont check, or forget to do so...or the employee is dumb and doesnt check (or the employee was improperly trained and doesnt know to check for the sticker).

It is only good business to check. Who knows what has been done to an opened console...

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']If you opened your system you are most likely out of luck. 99% of the time they pop the faceplate off and check to make sure that the warranty sticker is there (if you got a Slim they check for the warranty sticker on the back of the console instead as there is no sticker under the faceplate on a Slim - it is a small black rectangle shaped sticker on the back).[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this has been ask before but any idea if they take one that has been repair by MS? I got a slim that was sent in not to long ago, it has a intact warranty sticker on the back. Only the serial sticker was changed so it no longer has a manufacturer date but a "service" date.

I figure I might take a trip tomorrow to one if I can trade it in at this price, if not though it's not worth the gas money.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']^^ *clap*

The employees that work at your Gamestop are either morons or are not following procedure. They almost always check the consoles I trade in at my local Gamestops.

The Gamestop in the mall where I live at is where I have gotten lucky - there is a girl that works there and she is obviously not the smartest because she accepted the console that the other local Gamestop did not because it didnt have a warranty sticker. The guys that work there check though because the last one I brought there they checked...it had a sticker though so it didnt matter.

In the last thread we had that pertained to the $140 in stacked GS credit for a phat xbox 360, we had the same question asked and the majority of people replied "yes - they check" if I recall correctly. This is not the first time this question has been asked. The general consensus seemed to be that they do check...but you can also get lucky and bring one in and hope they either dont check, or forget to do so...or the employee is dumb and doesnt check (or the employee was improperly trained and doesnt know to check for the sticker).

It is only good business to check. Who knows what has been done to an opened console...[/QUOTE]

All I was saying was that my local gamestop did not check. No need to write a dissertation about it.

I'm sure cash trade will still be 20% less than base store credit amount with the promo not applying. PUR Pro is the ONLY thing that stacks on cash trades.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']If you opened your system you are most likely out of luck. 99% of the time they pop the faceplate off and check to make sure that the warranty sticker is there (if you got a Slim they check for the warranty sticker on the back of the console instead as there is no sticker under the faceplate on a Slim - it is a small black rectangle shaped sticker on the back).

Its nice if you live in a place that has multiple Gamestops as I do - that way if you get denied at one you can try a different one.[/QUOTE]

99% of the time they pop the faceplate and check the warrany sticker?

LOL where do you get your stats from?

Also from the stats you gave us, that would put it at a 75% chance they will check the warranty sticker. smh.

This is a great deal though. I was debating about trading in my 60GB PS3 but I see if still goes for quite a bit more than they are offering.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'm sure cash trade will still be 20% less than base store credit amount with the promo not applying. PUR Pro is the ONLY thing that stacks on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

It says right under the offer that it isn't valid on cash trades.

I wish they had an offer for the PSP Slim.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. Gamestop offers a cash option for trades and has for several years now. It's 20% less than the normal trade-in value though. But the PUR 10% usually applies to it and negates half of the reduction in value.;)[/QUOTE]

I thought on specials and such that you couldn't get the cash. They have to do original trade value. Never tried it though.

Every time I've traded in 360 consoles (3 times), they have checked for the warranty sticker behind the faceplate. That being said, i'm kicking myself for trading in my system last night before I got the email, shortchanged myself about $15.

[quote name='USB Cable']If I trade in a 250 gig 360 with everything but the hard drive would it still count for this? o_O[/QUOTE]They don't count the HD in that price, so you're golden.

[quote name='USB Cable']If I trade in a 250 gig 360 with everything but the hard drive would it still count for this? o_O[/QUOTE]

If you want to trade it in, it will be extra $ not included in the trade-in price. I'm not sure how much they give though. I remember someone say it was a very low value, so it probably isn't even worth trading in. Also, if you have one of those wi-fi adapter pieces used for the fat 360s, it was worth $18 when I traded in mine a few months ago.

bread's done
Back