Free Shipping at Half.com

fueledbytrueman

CAGiversary!
Free shipping at half.com (up to $25 worth) with code FREESHIP. Must have a $10 minimum purchase.

Not sure how long this will last. I used it to get a bunch of old Genesis & 64 games, though you may find some good deals on newer gen games too.

[quote name='animemaniac14']only up to $25 worth? LAME. but i guess OP is right it would be good for some older console games[/QUOTE]

Sorry if it's not clear. It's up to $25 worth of free shipping, not free shipping on up to $25 worth of merchandise. It's like $3.50 per item to ship, so you can get up to like 7 items or so to ship free no matter how high each item costs (as long as you hit the $10 min.).

Any idea how long this is good for? There are a TON of 75cent (minimum listable amount) Books, CDs & DVDs that usually end up costing $3-$4 each. If you find about 11 items that are in the $1 range, you can score the entire $25 off.

EDIT: Never noticed before that Game of Thrones on DVD is so cheap: $16 brand new.

ALSO: Heroes Season 1: 75cents :) (season 2: $2) (still not buying it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent 30 minutes filling my cart. Then I got an error and it emptied my entire cart and the items in there are not available any more. Lame. Then it did it again.

Same thing happened to me, was adding stuff to my cart and now I get "The page you are trying to access has encountered problems. Please try again later."

And now, "FREESHIP: This coupon has been used." and I haven't even made an order yet. wtf? Seriously, how can a site this big be this broken?

Wow, what a POS lol. I was about to checkout again after re-adding all my stuff to my cart and I get "
s.gif
You currently have no items in your cart". Seems if only ONE thing goes out of stock it screws your cart up, either that or their site is screwing up big time right now.

I don't think it's even one thing going out of stock. The stuff I'm adding is not exactly popular (old n64 sports games). Half.com locks items that you add to your cart for 1 hour. If you don't go through checkout in an hour, it goes back in inventory. Well, my stuff is now locked up and even I can't get to it.

http://product.half.ebay.com/NBA-Showtime-NBA-on-NBC-Nintendo-64-1999/2010&tg=info

It had 6 items for sale 30 minutes ago. Now there are none. I've got them all locked up.

Huh, looks like I actually made it through checkout just fine. Ordered a GBA game to get me over $10 and a bunch of Discworld books. As a tip, if you order multiple items from the same merchant the shipping cost of each additional item is reduced so you can stretch your free shipping value farther.

[quote name='V3rtigo']And now, "FREESHIP: This coupon has been used." and I haven't even made an order yet. wtf? Seriously, how can a site this big be this broken?[/QUOTE]

Can it only be used once per account?

[quote name='V3rtigo']I don't think it's even one thing going out of stock. The stuff I'm adding is not exactly popular (old n64 sports games). Half.com locks items that you add to your cart for 1 hour. If you don't go through checkout in an hour, it goes back in inventory. Well, my stuff is now locked up and even I can't get to it.

http://product.half.ebay.com/NBA-Showtime-NBA-on-NBC-Nintendo-64-1999/2010&tg=info

It had 6 items for sale 30 minutes ago. Now there are none. I've got them all locked up.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, didn't know that, no wonder none of the items I had in my cart show up anymore. Figured people snatched them.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Can it only be used once per account?[/QUOTE]
I'm not even logged in, I cleared my cookies/cache & it still says "Code Used" for me.

Has anyone else tried it and been able to checkout just fine?

Edit: Well I just tried with Chrome, went Incognito and was able to apply the code just fine. Too bad everything I had in my cart is now in limbo.

Code worked for me. Got Mega Man X Collection (PS2), Super Black Bass, College Slam, Mario Paint (SNES), Gyruss, MagMax, and TMNT (NES) for 17.49 shipped.

Thanks op!

Knocked off a good chunk of my old wishlist! Easily maxed out the $25 shipping limit!

Forsaken 64 (N64) $0.75
Forsaken (PS1) $0.99
Link's Crossbow Training (Wii) $2.45
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Wii) $2.60
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am (PS2) $3.49
Dragon's Lair 3D (Xbox) $4
Anchorman (DVD) $3.95

Thanks, OP!

^ Problem is once it does the "no items in cart" crash during checkout, the system also thinks you've already used the code. I can redo my cart & add the code, but once I sign in it says "code already used".

Guess I'll try and install chrome now.

I didn't have to install chrome but I did email customer service. Never heard back from them but my missing items just magically appeared on the cart page, but not in the cart. Theyre now in the bottom section for stuff you have viewed recently. I was finally able to check out with the code.

Yep was about to post about this too, I sat here waiting to see when they would pop back up, and sure enough they did! so thanks again for the tip, just finished checking out! Did it as fast as I could this time lol.

Code worked this time, ended up buying several games older PS3 games, and a few oldschool PS1 games that I still have fond memories of. This made it a little easier to pull the trigger for.
Thanks OP! Oh, and sorry I called you a POS, Mr. eBay..

... NOT! :D

This is an awesome deal for those items that are $3-5 where shipping would normally "kill the deal".

Picked up some books and Xbox 1 games (Max Payne 1 & 2 for example) for about $28 shipped total.

Alrighty, I don't think there's a need to install Chrome (though I did anyway) or E-mail them. When a cart failure happens, you just have to wait an hour for everything to reset, including code (non-)usage.

Picked up:

Gears of War 2 $5
Gunstringer Download Code $4 (more still available)
Child of Eden Download Code $3 (more still available)
Beowulf (360) (75 cents!)
The Batman Season 5 DVD $4
Unwrapped vol. 1 DVD $7
Baby: secret of the lost legend Blu-ray $1
Legend of the Guardians (owls) Blu-ray $2

$26.67 after $23.22 shipping discount. I could have kept going, but I was nearing the discount limit.

I was upset when Unwrapped went into limbo. It was my #1 want on the cheap and I thought someone else bought it while I was having issues. 1 hour later it popped back as available.

Very fun shopping, thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say so, yeah. There's been times where I'll check everywhere else (Amazon, eBay) and the game I'm looking for costs more.

For example, I just bought Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition for $50, when on eBay it usually sells for $60+.

Then I bought several PS3 games, for $6-9. Usually the deal killer like N3UROPOD said, being the shipping charges.

...Now that I think about it, fuck. Should have purchased that Deluxe Edition with the SPRINGTEN code instead. Ah well.

Anyways here's what I bought,

Crisis Core + UMD Pre-Order Case (Supposedly) - $6
Naughty Bear (For the Lolz) - $6
Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition - $50
Final Fantasy XII CE (Never bought cause it was my least favorite of the series) - $8
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $9
Metal Gear Solid (Black Label) - $8
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Ultimate Edition) - $9.25

Total: $96.24

[quote name='Kerig']
I was upset when Unwrapped went into limbo. It was my #1 want on the cheap and I thought someone else bought it while I was having issues. 1 hour later it popped back as available.

Very fun shopping, thanks OP![/QUOTE]Nah you don't need Chrome, I only mentioned it cause I mainly use Firefox. So I wanted to use a different browser only to check if it was possibly my FF that had the issues and not the page.

There were a lot of cheap 360 games but I just knew if I got them I'd probably never play them :(

I did pick up Gears of War Limited Collector's Edition and Majin amd the Forsaken Kingdom for a total of $15 shipped! I've been wanting both for a while. Thanks OP!

[quote name='BoromirsFan']is half.com good for getting stuff cheap or is it crap? I honestly never heard of it till now![/QUOTE]

Same as ebay. Much better for sellers though. Make sure you look at the sellers rating and number of transactions and the description.

Not all sellers respect half's quality convention (i.e. I got Gears of War a few years ago marked very good in a case that was chewed by a dog). I have been buying and selling with them for years and have had very few issues.

I placed an order for my girl friend. All she cares is that cartridge is not broken and game functions so if it comes through "Acceptable" then she will be happy.

I got some good ones:

Nes:

Castlevania 2
Little Nemo
Pro Wrestling

GBA:

Super Dodgeball Advance

GC:

Beach Spikers

GEN:

Aladdin
Lion King
Sonic Spinball

10.74 shipped. Works for me.

Ordered the following for about $36 shipped....

Chameleon Twist (N64)
Sonic Advance 2 (GBA)
Otogi (Xbox)
Hey You Pikachu! (N64)
Sword of Mana (GBA)
Mega Man Network Transmission (GCN)
Mega Man Xtreme (GB)

Can't find most of this stuff around me, and always held off due to the shipping, so great deal.

Only once per account? Darn...I would have tried to add some things on top of that then, but that's small potatoes compared to the savings.

Thank you deeply. I got DoA: Ultimate for $4.50 and some CDs and got about $15 of shipping costs removed. :D

Pick up the following games for $11.50. Thanks op for the info.

Eternal champions - sega cd
Rambo 3 - SMS
Enduro racer - SMS
Ghostbuster - SMS
World grand prix -SMS
Tomcat alley - sega cd
Cobra command - sega cd

Thanks OP, been eying some older games but the shipping always killed it.

Heretic II (PC, 1998) (1998)
Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.2 (PC, 2000) (2000)
Zhadnost: The People's Party (3DO, 1995) (1995)
King's Quest VIII: Mask of Eternity (PC, 1998) (1998)

Thanks OP. Textbooks are incredibly cheap. Ordered a couple of them for my next semester along with some DVDs for $20 (After shipping discount of $23) :D

WOW excellent find OP! I was able to get 2 CD's, 5 books, and 1 game that I had wanted. Total came to $10.55 with $24.22 shipping taken off!

fuck fuck fuck fuck I need to stop buying stuff.

Why did I remember that I collect strategy guides? I just put in another order for 13 brand new guides for $36 shipped and then another order for 8 previous-gen guides for $11. I bought the 13 brand new guides from this seller -->

http://shops.half.ebay.com/sonicthehedgehog06_W0QQsortZ8506QQsoZ1QQ_trksidZp2919QQmZbooks

I kept recognizing his name. :p I sent him a message to see if he would put all the guides in a flat rate box instead of using media mail. You know this guy works at Gamestop or Best Buy when you look at his storefront.

The previous-gen guides were mostly .75 cents. :p

Yeah I got a couple things from this sale at basically yard sale or less prices, shipping always kills the good game deals half.com has.

I got:

Rush 2: Extreme racing USA
Toy Story 2
Pokemon Snap
Wave Racer 64
NHL 99
Rugrats in Paris

All N64 for under $20 after saving 19 with the coupon. Thanks for posting OP :D

I got a couple of Smashing Pumpkins CDs including Mellon Collie, a couple of Underworld CDs, a couple of Placebo CDs, Rock Band 1 and 2 and DJ Hero (brand new) for $13.87. Wow!

Really shouldn't have but I got:

Syphon Filter 1, 2 & 3
Ace Combat 4
GunValkyrie
Metal Slug 3
Justice League Unlimited - S2

All supposedly complete for less than $11. Thanks OP! Too bad it didn't accept my ebay gift card though.

fuck, I think I'm done for now. I'm placed an order for more books and dvds. I'm becoming an expert at filling my cart with just barely $10 worth of merchandise with just barely $25 worth of shipping. Worked out to $11 for 8 books and 2 DVDs.

bread's done
Back