- - - - -

Free Shipping at Half.com

#181 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4363 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

I got more books in today's mail. All in great shape. One seller even threw in a bonus book from the series I ordered a few books of. I got a full refund, including shipping, from the seller who sent me a water damaged book. Contacted the seller who didn't send me a brand new game as advertised, but haven't heard back yet. If I don't hear back by the end of tomorrow I'll probably open a case.

#182 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Huh.

I ordered a bunch of books and a game from different sellers. The total order (after free shipping code) was 11.xx.

Today I got an e-mail that the game was canceled and I was refunded. The funny part is according to the site, they refunded my credit card 6 dollars--the price of the game with shipping--instead of the 2.xx I actually paid for it after the free shipping code.

So...free money, I guess.

Yeah, a couple of the items were canceled on my second order. One refunded me the price of the book plus shipping, and the other refunded me the price of the game plus 2 times the shipping cost. I don't know what that was about, but they basically payed me $2 to take 2 games and 3 books on that order.

I'll take it as compensation for half of my items being nowhere near the described condition.

#183 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4215 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

got my 4 games. Neo contra, Red Ninja and Bloodrayne all came as listed. Looking Like New in fantastic condition.

Nightcaster however came with the case smashed to hell. THe disk itself looks pretty decent though. Im not sure if this happened in shipping or if it was shipped that way. It was only 2.00. Not really worth an exchange. Wonder if i should just dump negative feedback and let it be at that, or try contacting the seller. Sounds like i came out better than a lot of you
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#184 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

i miss this deal already.

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#185 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nah, you guys will be fine. There were rumors on SD that some people either got cancellations/banned, but I think it was a load of bs.

I used 3 accounts (all registered before 2008 though) and all orders came through just fine, I even used the same CC on all 3 and received no word from Half.com/eBay, I seriously doubt those rumors were ever true.

Now if you made multiple accounts simply for to this, then I'm not so sure what they could possibly do. I haven't read up on their policies, but if you've just made 1 or 2 accounts, I don't see why they'd bother you.

half does sometimes

#186 Clownzilla   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Got my two PSP games in and they were both FAILS! My LocoRoco game ended up being a demo disc and my Tekken Dark Resurection ended up being SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo in a Tekken case. The good news is that I got refunds from both and they both ended up hving 3K+ feedback so they were most likley honest mistakes. I just wish they paid more attention to what they shipped out because now the free shipping is over:(
Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

#187 blinknot4   IDGAFOS CAGiversary!   2406 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

I miss this deal too.

The code DAD10 saves 10% off of a $50+ order. Not the best at all - but gives the illusion (sorta) of free shipping if you buy 2 newer/higher priced games (MW3, ME3, etc)...

PSN / XBL / Wii U: Champloo4

471350.png

#188 eXiON   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Wonder if i should just dump negative feedback and let it be at that, or try contacting the seller. Sounds like i came out better than a lot of you

Negative feedback for $2? If the guy was trying to screw you over by listing it "Like New" or whatever, then just let him know the case came smashed. If he's a good seller he'll try to make things right.

I never leave negatives (infact, I've only left 1 in the 5 years on eBay) unless the seller doesn't contact me or tries working out the issue with me.

#189 emperordahc  

emperordahc

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Still waiting on one game and two music CDs. So far, everything's been great.

Got a sticker-infested N64 rental game for $0.75, and after a couple minutes w/ Goo Gone, you'd swear it was new.
cagSig.png828689.png

#190 fueledbytrueman   Throw some D's on it CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

fueledbytrueman

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Glad so many people got good deals with this. I used it to round out my Genesis Sonic collection. First time playing through Sonic 3 and Knuckles!

#191 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5648 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Huh.

I ordered a bunch of books and a game from different sellers. The total order (after free shipping code) was 11.xx.

Today I got an e-mail that the game was canceled and I was refunded. The funny part is according to the site, they refunded my credit card 6 dollars--the price of the game with shipping--instead of the 2.xx I actually paid for it after the free shipping code.

So...free money, I guess.

Had the same thing happen to me. Havent looked at the bank account closely enough to see if the refund caused me to loose the free shipping on the other items though.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#192 eXiON   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just got my other batch of games, the two PS1 games I got came in absolutely prestine conditions. The only problem I have is that I got the wrong game for PS2. Got Budokai Tenkaichi instead of Budokai 2. Kinda wanted to endulge in some good ol' nostalgic moments.

Had the same thing happen to me. Havent looked at the bank account closely enough to see if the refund caused me to loose the free shipping on the other items though.

You won't, how would it affect the rest if they have already been paid? I had two people refund me for games they didn't have anymore. I received the extra $3.50 shipping for each that I didn't even pay for. So basically got $7 free.

#193 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4363 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

Has everyone received all of their stuff by now?

From all of my orders so far (I might be repeating some of this), I had to send one game back when the video game re-seller sent me something clearly used they tried to pass off as new. Still waiting for it to reach them before they'll issue me my refund. Got 1 book + shipping refunded for the seller not having it. Had another 2 books + shipping refunded when I emailed the sellers to let them know the books didn't match up to the condition they said it would.

Today I received a ton of books in the mail, and 1 was supposed to be a hardcover and they sent me a paperback advance copy with "not for resale" on it, and another was supposed to be "Very Good" but the book was warped into a U shape, which was just impressive for a hardcover of that size. So I emailed about those and I assume I'll get refunded.

The rest of the books from the massive order today were in just okay shape, but matched up with what's considered "Good." There were several mass market paperbacks that were pretty beat up. Had it not been for getting most of these books for $0.75 I'd be annoyed paying nearly $5 for the condition they arrived in had I had to pay for shipping. Most of them had $1 Goodwill price tags on them and the seller wasn't Goodwill. I figure $1 for the book according to the price tag, maybe $2 in actual shipping (if its shipped individually), and the Half fee is maybe a quarter or something, so the seller is maybe making $0.25 profit per book when it comes to these beat up mass market paperbacks. Probably a little more if they're bought all at once by someone like me. I guess you really have to be a high volume seller to make that worth your while.

I'm still waiting on 6 more items. 4 of which I've received emails saying they've shipped, but no DC numbers. 2 more are wild cards I may or may not ever get.

#194 AFRO insomniac   Old School CAGiversary!   4734 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

I have a couple items I'm still waiting for as well.

The beautiful thing is that there is really nothing to lose.

If I never get the items and get a refund it's all good because they will refund the extra shipping costs (which I didn't even pay) as well. I can apply the extra refund to another order or I can just keep the bonus refund.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#195 kamakazi5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

kamakazi5

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

I'm still waiting on about 9 items but all except for one of the others were in the condition they described. I also had two items refunded with one of the sellers actually still sending me the game due to forgetting to ship it.

#196 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10100 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

code is dead???

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#197 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

code is dead???

Yes, unfortunately.

I got my Gears of War 1 Limited Collector's Edition in Like New condition the other day. Talk about a steal.

#198 ryosnk   I'm a super patriot. CAGiversary!   3927 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm still waiting on two items out of ten.

The other day I got a box from amazon which I was surprise since I haven't ordered anything from them since April. I didnt want to open the box but I was maybe my wife bought me something. I open it up and it was a kettlebell workout book and it was sent to me by a the person I bought the book from half.com. I paid $9 for it on half and they paid $27 to send me a brand new book (the receipt was included), now that is customer service and satisfaction.

#199 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4363 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm still waiting on two items out of ten.

The other day I got a box from amazon which I was surprise since I haven't ordered anything from them since April. I didnt want to open the box but I was maybe my wife bought me something. I open it up and it was a kettlebell workout book and it was sent to me by a the person I bought the book from half.com. I paid $9 for it on half and they paid $27 to send me a brand new book (the receipt was included), now that is customer service and satisfaction.

That's crazy... but like the person who said they got their item directly from Walmart.com, do you suspect it might have been a case of a stolen credit card?

#200 ryosnk   I'm a super patriot. CAGiversary!   3927 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

That's crazy... but like the person who said they got their item directly from Walmart.com, do you suspect it might have been a case of a stolen credit card?

I hope not and I called Amazon to double check and the seller used their credit card and they have alot of positives on both half and amazon.

#201 super_dawn   i ♥ DQ CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

super_dawn

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Over the past week, I got all my books, games, and cds I ordered. Everything looked like the condition it was listed in. Now to go give positive feedback to all of them. This code was so awesome!

I do have to say....I sold about 9 games this past month (maybe cause of the free shipping) and only one person posted feedback. It really irks me cause I go out of my way to make sure everything is perfect in the transaction. And I don't sell a lot so I need that feedback in order to hopefully sell more.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#202 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4363 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Over the past week, I got all my books, games, and cds I ordered. Everything looked like the condition it was listed in. Now to go give positive feedback to all of them. This code was so awesome!

I do have to say....I sold about 9 games this past month (maybe cause of the free shipping) and only one person posted feedback. It really irks me cause I go out of my way to make sure everything is perfect in the transaction. And I don't sell a lot so I need that feedback in order to hopefully sell more.

Part of the problem may be that new accounts have a 5 day waiting period after activating them for feedback purposes. And to activate new accounts for feedback, eBay has to call you with a PIN number. People who created several new accounts for this deal may not bother with all of that.

#203 blinknot4   IDGAFOS CAGiversary!   2406 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

Send them a friendly reminder message - seriously. I have done this.

Just a simple "Feedback please! Thanks!" would suffice.

471350.png

#204 sadboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Send them a friendly reminder message - seriously. I have done this.

Just a simple "Feedback please! Thanks!" would suffice.

In my opinion, an approach that I think works well for most sellers I've dealt with is for them to follow up with an e-mail to ensure everything is satisfactory. And then to say something in the line of, "If you're happy with your purchase, please leave positive feedback."

Some word it better than others, but the general gist is to extend the reminder while also ensuring the buyer is happy. If they're not, then at least they have the opportunity to talk to the buyer about it.

#205 oasisboy   Banned Banned   3135 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

oasisboy

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I got all my items from 4 accounts but 1 dude sent me the wrong item and now it turned into a mess where the seller is saying that he will report me to ebay because "I threatened him". A claim was promptly filed with half.com and a copy of his email was included because this seller is going crazy. All of this for a $4 CD... I know. What a douche.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#206 sadboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

I got all my items from 4 accounts but 1 dude sent me the wrong item and now it turned into a mess where the seller is saying that he will report me to ebay because "I threatened him". A claim was promptly filed with half.com and a copy of his email was included because this seller is going crazy. All of this for a $4 CD... I know. What a douche.

Is it a good CD?

#207 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20101 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

It's too bad this is over... since then, I've found 5 games I want but shipping kills any type of deal.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#208 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4363 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

What did you say to him that he construed as a threat?

#209 blinknot4   IDGAFOS CAGiversary!   2406 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

What did you say to him that he construed as a threat?

Probably something non-confrontational, like "I'm gonna fukken stab you and burn your bushes and piss on your patio if I don't get my stuff, jerk!"

Just kidding, oasisboy!

471350.png