- - - - -

[DEAD] Newegg Summer Sale

#121 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

especially if the fear code was used.... was the game disc scratched? perhaps the outer wrap got ripped in the warehouse so they just resealed it. possibly never "used" before.

edit: lolololololol

#122 Bosamba   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

WARNING! some of the games are shady as hell. I got FEAR 2 and it is NOT new. There is no xbox seal on the side and its an obvious reseal. Hell theres even a big gap on the side where the plastic didn't wrap all around. My copy of the Darkness II looks a bit odd too. Theres a strange yellow sticker under the outer plastic that my Best Buy copy doesn't have. I'll take some pics, but not too sure about that one

FEAR 2 is most definitely a used game though. What the hell, i've never had problems with Newegg before. Are they selling refurbished/used crap as new now? Should I even open this or just call/email them right away? I need to return Darkness anyway because it was on sale for 12 bucks at BB

I'm very sorry to hear that but F.E.A.R. 2 wasn't a part of this sale, so I'm guessing you paid $17.99 for it for the Xbox 360?

And just like CAGs are weary of 3rd Party sellers on Amazon, this too is sold by a 3rd party seller called iNetVideo. If the game you received is indeed a reseal, it wasn't Newegg that tried to scam you but iNetVideo. I'd contact Newegg and iNetVideo, and I'm sure Newegg will rectify the situation. They don't want to risk bad word-of-mouth about their business I'm sure.

In the future, just be aware while on Amazon or Newegg who exactly the seller is. If it's being sold direct by the two you should be fine. If it's a 3rd party seller, be prepared for anything as their quality assurance can vary.

#123 darkmatter00   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

darkmatter00

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Picked up AC: Brotherhood for PS3. Thanks for the heads up on it being back in stock.

#124 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

Finally picked up El Shaddai for 360. Good price.

#125 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

any idea why enslaved is listed at 7.99 but when you add to cart comes up as 9.99?

#126 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

UPDATE

just got done with chat support and the guy all but stated enslaved was a bait and switch

#127 technicalstylez   Colors User CAGiversary!   3553 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

technicalstylez

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

lol.

#128 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

yeah i know its hilarious im bitching about $2 but the principle of them using a bait and switch on it is more than enough to justify a good kitn

#129 phishhead220   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

phishhead220

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Grabbed Ocarina of Time for 3ds

#130 Bosamba   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

any idea why enslaved is listed at 7.99 but when you add to cart comes up as 9.99?

That's because this deal is dead, it should have ended at 5/31 but they were slow to change the prices back.

#131 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Id like to know the same for the brotherhood game, but for the 360. Are there platinum hits of Brotherhood out there? I dont want a platinum version but dont know how to tell

I got the black label version today from Newegg.

#132 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I'm very sorry to hear that but F.E.A.R. 2 wasn't a part of this sale, so I'm guessing you paid $17.99 for it for the Xbox 360?

And just like CAGs are weary of 3rd Party sellers on Amazon, this too is sold by a 3rd party seller called iNetVideo. If the game you received is indeed a reseal, it wasn't Newegg that tried to scam you but iNetVideo. I'd contact Newegg and iNetVideo, and I'm sure Newegg will rectify the situation. They don't want to risk bad word-of-mouth about their business I'm sure.

In the future, just be aware while on Amazon or Newegg who exactly the seller is. If it's being sold direct by the two you should be fine. If it's a 3rd party seller, be prepared for anything as their quality assurance can vary.

I didn't notice it was a 3rd party. I always watch out on Amazon for that, but wasn't aware that Newegg does that now too. I dont think they did years ago back when i bought stuff from them before

especially if the fear code was used.... was the game disc scratched? perhaps the outer wrap got ripped in the warehouse so they just resealed it. possibly never "used" before.

edit: lolololololol

fear code? what do you mean? Was this suposed to come with some DLC? I dont know if it was scratched because I didn't open this. Its such an obvious reseal its laughable. Here are the pics i took today, im going to email them tomorow... should i just email neweggs general customer service addy?

Here are some pics of it.
https://home.comcast...k/fearused1.jpg
https://home.comcast...k/fearused2.jpg
https://home.comcast...k/fearused3.jpg
https://home.comcast...k/fearused4.jpg

what a joke. I took a pic of a REAL sealed game for comparison
https://home.comcast.../newexample.jpg

anyway, id hope that this is a no hassle return/refund. What a scam. The 3rd pic in particular shows how the damn thing isn't even sealed on the edge. Its wide open

By the way my copy of Darkness II is weird looking. Im sending it back since i bought it cheaper at bb, but it has an odd sticker on it

Spoiler

on the bottom left of the pic there (top left of the case). What the hell is that?? The copies i saw in stores dont have it. Its under the wrapping. Is there some extra code under there? Is it suposed to be there? If its some extra bonus i may keep this version and send back the BB one

#133 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

what the heck.. anyone done a return through newegg? Im trying to return Darkness II since i found it cheaper, but i cant seem to do it through the automated process.. do they just flat out not take refund/returns?? Thats a horrible policy if thats the case. I expected to just have to eat return shipping on it

#134 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3001 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

what the heck.. anyone done a return through newegg? Im trying to return Darkness II since i found it cheaper, but i cant seem to do it through the automated process.. do they just flat out not take refund/returns?? Thats a horrible policy if thats the case. I expected to just have to eat return shipping on it

Don't know which platform or what the policy was when you ordered, but currently for the console versions it is:
Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
Return for refund within: non-refundable
Return for replacement within: 30 days

Seems pretty clear.

#135 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

that does seem to be the case.. well thats really lame. I assumed as long as it wasn't open it shouldnt be a problem. Now i have an extra overpriced copy of this game.. yay. I guess i can try contacting them via email or something and requesting a return. Pretty damn stupid policy. Pretty much any online retailer lets you return stuff unopened

I cant for the life of me find a way to contact 3rd party sellers either. I need to take care of that used copy that was listed as new. The link on the returns page for report a problem just takes you to the general search page on the help section. Yeesh, Newegg used to be pretty decent, looks like theyve gone to hell

#136 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4938 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

I hate when stores reseal and sell as new. There should be consequences from doing it. Also, a lot of stores say they just opened it "for display purposes" but you look at the game disc and it has clearly been played multiple times.

That is no different from ordering a box of fine chocolates and it arriving with some of them missing from the box.

New is new and opening and/or playing is not new. They are the biggest hypocrites too, because if you open a game, most game stores won't give you a full refund(only exchange for same game) back because it has been used. So they can sell you games opened as new, but won't take it back themselves.

#137 Foxconn Worker   Banned Banned   100 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Foxconn Worker

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

coj the cartel is pretty badass add me guys

#138 srac84  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

they take returns if the game is unopened.. just talk to them in chat