[DEAD] Newegg Summer Sale

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Newegg is currently have a summer sale, and has a ton of games listed.
All of the following come with free shipping and are eligible for Shoprunner.
Sale is officially over.

Playstation 3
Resistance 2 $12.99
Killzone 2 $12.99
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99 SOLD OUT
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.99
Resonance of Fate $14.99
Virtua Tennis 4 $14.99
Yakuza Dead Souls $29.99 SOLD OUT
MotorStorm $12.99
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $9.99
Binary Domain $29.99
LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year Edition $12.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames $8.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $12.99
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $24.99
X-Men: Destiny $24.99

PS3™ Accessories
CTA Vertical Induction charger for PS3 controllers with AC Adapter $19.99
SONY New Owner's Kit (DualShock3, HDMI Cable, USB Cable) $39.99
CTA Bowling Ball For PlayStation Move $7.99
CTA PlayStation Move Sniper Rifle $7.99

Nintendo® Wii Games
A Boy and His Blob $12.99 SOLD OUT
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword $29.99 SOLD OUT
Just Dance $19.99
Just Dance 2 $19.99

XBOX 360® Games
Resonance of Fate $14.99
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.99
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $7.99
Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
Dance Central $17.99
PowerUP Heroes $14.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
Kinectimals $14.99
Binary Domain $29.99
Limbo/Trials HD/Splosion Man Triple Pack $9.99
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99 Thanks KanYozakura

XBOX 360® Accessories
CTA Digital Bowling Ball For Xbox 360 Kinect $7.99
CTA Digital XBOX 360 Triple Induction Charge Station $19.99

Nintendo® 3DS Games & Accessories
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D $24.99
CTA Digital Bowling Ball for Wii $7.99
Rayman 3D $9.99 SOLD OUT
Michael Jackson: The Experience $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Few decent prices in there, I'd say the XBLA Triple Pack is the best deal. LOL at $25 for Xmen Destiny, I've passed it up at $10 (used) already.

Damn, good deal on Dead Souls. I may pick it up. Thanks OP.

EDIT: I went ahead and picked it up earlier tonight. (Glad I did, because now it's Sold Out) Thanks again OP! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I had seen Enslaved around this price several times and never bit... finally decided I would a couple months back and I was just waiting for it to drop below $10 again. To top it off, I think this price is a buck under the lowest I had seen, and there's no $25 minimum order for free shipping and no tax for me AND they take PayPal, which I generally always have small amounts of "free money" sitting in, three reasons why Newegg s becoming much preferable to Amazon for me.

[quote name='Gotenks']I might get the New Owner's Kit. I've been wanting a second controller for a while.[/QUOTE]

I bought one in Dec off Amazon for 34. This is the lowest ive seen it since then. I have $5 on the GC i may use and grab another.

Yeah PS3 section pretty much wins it for me!

Dead Souls and Binary Domain seem like decent deals.

If I had the money I'd get:
El Shaddai (Seems pretty)
Resonance of Fate (Seems hard)
Virtua Tennis 4 (Not sure about this one)
Yakuza Dead Souls (DLC is free at the moment)
Air Conflict (Seems good for $10)
Binary Domain (Found the demo fun)

Thanks OP. Can anyone tell me if the induction charger for 360 would be a good deal? I have it in my cart ready to bite. It comes with three batteries.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Thanks OP. Can anyone tell me if the induction charger for 360 would be a good deal? I have it in my cart ready to bite. It comes with three batteries.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]Invest in some Sanyo Enerloop batteries and a good charger/discharger. You'll be a lot happier than using some third party battery pack.

Having to replace my xbox, getting the $249 250 gig bundle and added the Yakuza Dead Souls PS3 game. These sales are killing me...lol.

[quote name='shrike4242']Invest in some Sanyo Enerloop batteries and a good charger/discharger. You'll be a lot happier than using some third party battery pack.[/QUOTE]
I second this. Plus the great part is instead of some battery pack you get real batteries so you can buy more and use them on anything that takes batteries.

Although boo for no PC games. Kinda funny seeing Newegg is a PC Component site.

[quote name='shrike4242']Invest in some Sanyo Enerloop batteries and a good charger/discharger. You'll be a lot happier than using some third party battery pack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I did have some in my cart on Amazon, but I'm cheap and not sure I want to spend $50 on a charger. Would you recommend anything else or perhaps getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337960821&sr=1-2

I was hoping to come out cheap. I got this info from another thread you were commenting on about batteries and I really appreciate your knowledge. :applause:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I second this. Plus the great part is instead of some battery pack you get real batteries so you can buy more and use them on anything that takes batteries.

Although boo for no PC games. Kinda funny seeing Newegg is a PC Component site.[/QUOTE]

True. There is the added functionality. I'm all about function. lol :lol:

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Thanks. I did have some in my cart on Amazon, but I'm cheap and not sure I want to spend $50 on a charger. Would you recommend anything else or perhaps getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337960821&sr=1-2

I was hoping to come out cheap. I got this info from another thread you were commenting on about batteries and I really appreciate your knowledge. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thats the charger I use and it works fine.

Think I'll finally get Resonance of Fate, though trying to decide which system I should get it for (maybe I'll get it for 360 since I haven't really gotten much for it lately).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I second this. Plus the great part is instead of some battery pack you get real batteries so you can buy more and use them on anything that takes batteries.

Although boo for no PC games. Kinda funny seeing Newegg is a PC Component site.[/QUOTE]

They're also having a separate sale for the Memorial Day weekend. Sadly no PC games still but there are PC components you may be interested in. Link

I just bought Binary Domain from Newegg the other day for $38. Luckily I asked them for a price match and they agreed to refund me the $8 difference. I recommend anyone else in the same situation to do the same.

thanks op... I finally bought ac brotherhood. I want yakuza dead souls also, but 30 is still too much for me

Meh...all deals have been spotted for other retailers rather frequently. Lots of goodies, but nothing to write home about

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Thanks. I did have some in my cart on Amazon, but I'm cheap and not sure I want to spend $50 on a charger. Would you recommend anything else or perhaps getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337960821&sr=1-2

I was hoping to come out cheap. I got this info from another thread you were commenting on about batteries and I really appreciate your knowledge. :applause:[/QUOTE]That would work for starters, yes.

Long-term, if you get more Enerloops, I'd recommend getting a smart charger like a LaCross BC-700 or BC-1000.

Every single remote, game controller or other device I have that takes AAs or AAAs, which is quite a bit, has Enerloops in it.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Thank you for the input, sir (or should I say lord?)[/QUOTE]

Haha np! I've used that charger with the same set of batteries for about 5 years now. I bought them at Circuit City.

If Dead Souls was $20 I'd pounce.

BTW why are people on half.com (which by definition should mean half price) Selling the game for almost SEVENTY DOLLARS used? And over $70 new.

EqPH0.png

is call of Jarez: the Cartel worth 13 bucks? I heard bad things about it, but i have hte other games, and for that price its tempting

[quote name='Zonic505']Think I'll finally get Resonance of Fate, though trying to decide which system I should get it for (maybe I'll get it for 360 since I haven't really gotten much for it lately).[/QUOTE]

360 version looks a bit better. PS3 has some aliasing and lighting issues. So probably 360 version. Its the version I got.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-resonance-of-fate/

not a major difference though

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I think that the cheapest AC Brotherhood has been, I'm thinking of buying it since its the only Ass Creed game that I don't own on PS3[/QUOTE]
Why would you go from AC2 to Revelations? I dont see how it made sense to skip Brotherhood

Brotherhood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revelations

Brotherhood is a fantastic entry into the series that really developed the story of Desmond. Revelations didn't add much to the story and came up with lame new gimmicky gimmicks that were boring.

[quote name='Havok83']Why would you go from AC2 to Revelations? I dont see how it made sense to skip Brotherhood[/QUOTE]

I have only played first played the fist Assassin's Creed on Steam. I bought AC II when it went on sale on PSN, it's on my backlog and then I bought Revelations a few days ago, which came with AC1 on the the same Blu-ray disc. I also bought ACII and Brotherhood from the Ubisoft weekend on Steam the other week, I'm double dipping on every game on this series and I've yet to play any of them lol

[quote name='shrike4242']That would work for starters, yes.

Long-term, if you get more Enerloops, I'd recommend getting a smart charger like a LaCross BC-700 or BC-1000.

Every single remote, game controller or other device I have that takes AAs or AAAs, which is quite a bit, has Enerloops in it.[/QUOTE]

Will do. I ordered it from Amazon for $15. Thank you very much, my good CAG.;)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Brotherhood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revelations

Brotherhood is a fantastic entry into the series that really developed the story of Desmond. Revelations didn't add much to the story and came up with lame new gimmicky gimmicks that were boring.[/QUOTE]

I've gone back to Brotherhood to try to get 100% after finishing Revelations and I have to say the amount of content in AC:B feels really extensive and higher quality in comparison. I vastly prefer the multi-player in Revelations, however, and the gimmicks are nearly optional and can provide a little bit of flexibility (if you really let yourself roll with the bomb making, it can be a fun way to solve problems).

I think Revelations really tried to focus on epic set pieces / events (similar to Uncharted 2/3) and not necessarily on the story. It'll be interesting to see if AC3 goes further in that direction or not. I'm still waiting for my modern day/futuristic skyscraper scaling assassin's creed sequel.

I'm gonna assume Skyward Sword doesn't have the CD; the page has a blurb for it but specifically states for the "initial production run of the game", so there's no guarantee that it will be here. Though, it's Newegg, and they may actually still have some of those lying around. Looking at that and...well, if they did a gift card deal on the 3DS like everyone else, I might pick up Ocarina.

bread's done
Back