Red Dead Redemption GOTY

krashhole

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Just got my copy in from Amazon and neither my 360s or my sons 360s will load disc 2 which has the multiplayer and undead nightmare. Disc 1 loads and plays fine. Does anyone else have the GOTY edition? Or has anyone heard of this problem?

Maybe the disc is just defective. There is not a scratch on it. I was really looking forward to playing this weekend. This is why I kinda hate ordering online sometimes in case something like this happens.

I have GOTY edition for 360. Both discs work fine on mine. You must have received a defective disc 2.

[quote name='62t']You can still play it this weekend since the main game and multilayer is on disc 1[/QUOTE]You can access MP from Disc 1, but you have to switch to Disc 2.

[quote name='Calipso']I have GOTY edition for 360. Both discs work fine on mine. You must have received a defective disc 2.[/QUOTE]Yeah. Disc 2 is bad for sure. I load up disc 1, select MP, it asks for disc 2, disc 2 loads up but none of the content will load. I even tried installing it, but soon as it gets to 41%, it says clean disc.

[quote name='krashhole']Called Amazon and they are going to send out a replacement. Won't be here until Tuesday though.[/QUOTE]

Can't get mad at Amazon when they come through like this.

For future problems, try installing/playing while signed out of XBL (obviously not applicable when trying to play online). I remember having trouble trying to install The Darkness 2 and finally got it to work when I signed out (firmware issue).

Question to those who have owned bout the original RDR and the GOTY, are the disc the same just now packaged together?

The original RDR had the campaign and MP on 1 disc. The GOTY has the campaign on disc 1, and the MP and all the DLC is on disc 2.

[quote name='krashhole']The original RDR had the campaign and MP on 1 disc. The GOTY has the campaign on disc 1, and the MP and all the DLC is on disc 2.[/QUOTE]
Thank you

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Can't get mad at Amazon when they come through like this.

For future problems, try installing/playing while signed out of XBL (obviously not applicable when trying to play online). I remember having trouble trying to install The Darkness 2 and finally got it to work when I signed out (firmware issue).[/QUOTE]Yeah, Amazon has always came through for me. And yeah, I thought about firmware issues as well, but disc 2 still wouldn't install either way.

bread's done
Back