The Hunger Games Pre-order Thread [8/18/12]

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Hunger Games will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 18th. That's a Saturday, which follow's Liongate's Twilight release strategy. I figured it'd be good to have a thread details all of the various Retailer exclusive editions and pre-order bonuses being made.

Amazon

Just the regular 2-disc edition so far, no bonuses detailed

51ZNsLOdCxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Barnes and Noble

Bonus: Pre-order The Hunger Games now and receive a free 30”x40” cloth poster of Katniss as your gift with purchase. Gift available while supplies last, and quantities are limited.

176399308.JPG

Bestbuy.com and Bestbuy.ca (Canada)

This exclusive edition includes 2 DVD, 2 Blu-ray discs, and digital copy of The Hunger Games. It also comes with an acrylic Hunger Games keepsake that will be numbered, available exclusively at Best Buy in the US (also at Bestbuy.ca in Canada).

m2198992.jpg

Free Keychain w/ Pre-order of the DVD or BD (BB exclusive doesn't qualify apparently)

M2198991_1.jpg

Costco

Costco-DVD.jpg

Includes:

Parachute Compartment Necklace
Bag Clip with District 12 Seal
District 12 Nylon bag

Futureshop (Canada)

Exclusive District 12 Steelbook

M2198993_2.jpg

Exclusive Mockingjay Steelbook

m2198996_1.jpg

Regular edition Bonus: District 12 Keychain

FYE (In-store Only)

Reserve the Movie and get a free Tote bag. While Supplies Last

4kbhpx.jpg

Target

Exclusive Deluxe Edition with Bonus disc featuring forty-five minutes of exclusive content, and a video diary with stories from the Cornucopia and tribute biographies.

Walmart

Exclusive Mockingjay Pendant (see spoiler below) and Vudu Digital content: (The Stunts of the Hunger Game, Capitol Couture: The Styles of Panem)

0003139815563_300X300.jpg
0003139815563_AV1_300X300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']I'm going for either the Target or Wal Mart edition, but leaning more toward Target.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I'll keep checking back here over the next couple months. Thanks OP. I've never read the books but I enjoyed the film very much. Walking out of the theater I realized this is probably a day 1 purchase for me (which I'll regret during the inevitable black friday sales ;)).

No prob. I love the first book (haven't read the other 2 yet) and thought the movie was a very good adaptation of it. Right now Target definitely has the most appealing set to me in terms of looks and extra content, but if Best Buy gets that Steelbook too then I might have to get that.

I'm interested in seeing what the BB canada one is too, it looks like a pretty big box.

I like the Mockingjay FS steelbook much more than the district 12 one.

but I really like the Target deluxe edition, it looks really nice

If Futureshop gets 2 steelbooks, and we don't even get one I'll be pissed. Anyway, I like the District 12 one because it's just more unique. I'm hoping the emblem on the front is all embossed too. I feel like the Mockingjay logo is too big on the other, and titling at the bottom doesn't flow well with it. If they kept the mockingjay that size, I'd rather they remove the title at the bottom.

I'll pick up the Target Edition and the Walmart Edition, but if BestBuy gets those steelbooks in the US, I'll pick both of those up too. :)

My oh my, this franchise is going to be just as expensive as Twilight is for me. haha

[quote name='slidecage']wow this came out on DVD Very fast .. wasnt expecting it till xmas[/QUOTE]

Not really. This came out in March. Most movies come to home video in about 4-5 months.

Has there ever been a reason the movie studios have said why Canada/Europe get all the Steelbook tin movies while America is shut out for the most part? This issue isn't there with games outside of the Assassin's Creed series so what gives?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Has there ever been a reason the movie studios have said why Canada/Europe get all the Steelbook tin movies while America is shut out for the most part? This issue isn't there with games outside of the Assassin's Creed series so what gives?[/QUOTE]
American consumers, for the most part, care about cost and the American corporate culture is all about cutting costs to the bone, whenever possible. EU, Canada and other markets are more inured to higher prices on consumer goods due to long histories of much higher taxes, so a culture of consuming limited/collector items has persisted longer.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']So, no deals then?[/QUOTE]

They get released in august, you seriously thought you'd see deals already?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']So, no deals then?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we have to "deal" with your shitty post in this thread. Psssssssssf.

Wife wants the walmart version out of all of those for some reason.

Not really trying to derail the thread, but why do people go bonkers for steel books? I just dont get it.

Serious question.

I never have really understood how people can pay the prices they do for them. I'll get them if they are free or at little cost, or in a collector's edition, but there is no way I'd pay 15 bucks or more for one.

[quote name='kilik64']Not really trying to derail the thread, but why do people go bonkers for steel books? I just dont get it.

Serious question.[/QUOTE]

I don't go bonkers for them because the price is pretty high but they're cool. It just looks so much better than the others. I want to start a nice blu ray library with some steel books. It looks nice.

[quote name='Stele']American consumers, for the most part, care about cost and the American corporate culture is all about cutting costs to the bone, whenever possible. EU, Canada and other markets are more inured to higher prices on consumer goods due to long histories of much higher taxes, so a culture of consuming limited/collector items has persisted longer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but one more question: why is this not the case w/games? You don't see different cases per region outside of the AC games in Europe.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thanks but one more question: why is this not the case w/games? You don't see different cases per region outside of the AC games in Europe.[/QUOTE]

I would say a lot more Europe/Australia games are getting LE stuff. Look at Sonic Generation and Yakuza 4 in Europe for example.

Some new pics of the Bestbuy.ca exclusive. The description says:

This exclusive edition includes 2 DVD, 2 Blu-ray discs, and digital copy of The Hunger Games. It also comes with a limited edition Hunger Games collectible that will be numbered, available exclusively at Best Buy.

m2198992.jpg

Here's what the 30x40" cloth poster looks like from Barnes and Noble:

176399308.JPG

Those are fantastic! Really hope Best Buy pulls through again and gets these in too. Steelbooks usually entice me to get the movies on release rather than waiting for them to drop under $15 like I usually do.

I hope BestBuy gets an edition like they have up in Canada or even those two versions of the Steelbooks, that would get me to buy two from BestBuy.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They get released in august, you seriously thought you'd see deals already?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I wanted to, being a cheap-ass and all. Some kind of price talk anyway.

I'm not enthused by packaging or keychains. Just deals.

Unless you're a girl, it seems like it would be weird to go for the cloth poster...or if you're an adult, to really care about the keychains or the giant collector's edition cube.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Unless you're a girl, it seems like it would be weird to go for the cloth poster...or if you're an adult, to really care about the keychains or the giant collector's edition cube.[/QUOTE]

I'm going for the poster because Jennifer Lawrence is kinda cute. So Barnes and Noble for me. All the rest of the stuff is just going to collect dust or take up space, so I'll take the poster and the movie.

I preordered at Movestop for standard blu ray with their trade 2 deal. But I might change that and get the Target exclusive version.

[quote name='thefinal87']I'm going for the poster because Jennifer Lawrence is kinda cute. So Barnes and Noble for me. All the rest of the stuff is just going to collect dust or take up space, so I'll take the poster and the movie.[/QUOTE]

Completely true, but it isn't like she is going to be in the room with you when you buy the poster. :rofl:

[quote name='xbox_mole']Looks like the US BestBuy Blu-Ray Special edition has been pulled from the site, but they haven't cancelled my order....[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it will be back up with all the info and details pretty soon. That's my guess, they're just updating it

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Completely true, but it isn't like she is going to be in the room with you when you buy the poster. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately :cry:

[quote name='shadowkast']The best buy preorder pendant is in store. On the endcap as usual with most preorders.[/QUOTE]

Is it a pendant in store or the keychain like online?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Is it a pendant in store or the keychain like online?[/QUOTE]
I wanna say it was like a necklace (pendant on a leather string) but now you have me second guessing myself....

If I remember I'll double check while I'm there today

I think I'm gonna buy the Target Deluxe DVD version when it comes out.

Don't have much use for any of the other freebies announced so far and I just don't buy Blu-Ray movies.

bread's done
Back