You helped me pick what to play, now the results are in!

McCHitman

CAGiversary!
Over the span of a few different websites, I put a list of games that I wanted to play through, but had a hard time choosing which to play next. So I came to the "trusty" internet and with the exception of one person, you guys unanimously chose what game I should finish next... taking into account negative comments about certain games, I have compiled a top , 12, expressing the views of certain voters in the process.

Drum roll please:applause:...

#10- A 3 way tie between Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil the GC Remake , and Resident Evil 4. All with 8 votes a piece, some conflicting arguments as to which was the better game and on which system, lent them the #8 spot.

#9- Again with 8 votes, Sonic CD. There seems to be a lot of Sonic hate on the web, but apparently that doesn't carry over to what some believe is the best Sonic game ever made. Whether it's a nostalgia thing or they actually love the game? I can't say, but it got enough votes to make the list.

#8- The last game with 8 votes, is Dead Space. A classic among survival horror fans, and just in general fans of good games. Dead Space seem to make the list based upon how scary it was, outing Resident Evil as the king of Survival Horror, and a game that should only be played at Night in the darkness. With a game's main character sharing the same name as me, I would hope for it to be higher, but at least it made it.

#7- Super Meat Boy! :wall:Coming in with 9 votes, is the classic by Team Meat, that pits you're patience against your hand eye coordination. Which one will win out? Will your head meet the wall out of anger? Or possibly your controller meet your tv? In a game the shines in it's platforming, it also has nods to gaming of old. Sign me up!

#6- A classic game for a cult classic group, with 10 votes, comes skating in, Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast. With a unique art style for the time, fantastic music, and even the ability to create and share custom graffiti tags, Jet Grind took trying to master a grind and made it masterful. How do I get rid of these nasty roaches? Easy, just burn your house down.

#5- Coming in at the traditional, halfway point, with 10 votes and a Game of the Year Award from various outlets:applause: is the epic open world Adventure, Skyrim. A game that could possibly take me till I'm 30 to complete, but will never get old. Skyrim melds a world that I'm usually uninterested in and brings it to me like pizza. Vast, beautiful, deep, and at times creepy, Skyrim is a game that will remain with me for a lifetime. FUS RO DAH!

#4- Rocking the boat for the top 3 with 11 votes, and a lot of hate, is the memorable, and Overrated???? Final Fantasy 7. Is it the best in the series because it's that good? Or is it the best because it was a ton of peoples very first exposure to a JRPG and Final Fantasy? No one will ever know, but it ranks up there with the best of all time for some reason. And you voted it up there for me, so something is good about the game. Cutting edge, although random, CGI at the time, huge over world, and Chocobo Racing, FF7 brings elements that suck your time, and a story to boot. I just hope that cute, lovable flower pettler, Aeris lives to tell the tell.:cool:

#3- Apparently this is a sleeper hit, that more people played than I thought. Coming in with 11 votes:shock:, is the N64 game of demolition, Blast Corps. So you drive, and smash stuff, and apparently "Gotta keep movin"...Sounds like a childs dream to me. I didn't know anybody else had even played this game, but I guess it has loving fans. I can't wait to get behind a power sliding Dump truck again and see what all the fuss is about.

#2- #2, 2nd place needs no introduction, because he probably got drunk, farted and pee'd all over the rest of the competition. With 14 votes, comes Conkers Bad Fur Day. At the time a rare (haha get it?) mature title for the N64, that involved singing poop with corn for teeth, and a big breasted flower. Why wouldn't you want to play this game? Why this game hasn't got a reboot is beyond me, because people are just as immature now if not more, as they ever were. I can't wait to jump head first into one of the breast...BEST titles that saw the light of day on the N64.

You chose from 60+ games. You voted with your opinions and criticisms...The #1 game, that I will finish next is....

#1- Bioshock
Running away with the competition, with a whopping 22 votes, comes 2007's game of the year. A game with Big Daddy's, Little Sisters, and some crazy injections. Bioshock swept the hearts away from a ton of people, and it shows based upon the love it got in this poll. The story of Rapture is apparently gripping and frightening at the same time. Before release I played the demo of this game, and didn't like it. I rented it when it came out and didn't like it. I bought it and still couldn't get into it. But after the overwhelming response from fans of the game, I can't ignore it now. I must play through it at once!!!

I would like to thank everyone who participated in my janky poll, especially since I could have just grabbed a game and played it. You provided me with a nice bit of entertainment for a week. Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
for DC I enjoyed Jet Grind Radio.. but whatever you do.. do NOT waste your time with Fighting Force. The PS game was fun; the dreamcast is NOT. Awful awful awful game.

You have a lot of quality games on that list! It's tough just to pick one so I'll name a couple that I really enjoyed: Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Harvest Moon 64, Power Stone, and Zone of the Enders. Looking over your list I could probably say that I liked a large percentage of them so no matter what you end up playing you should enjoy it.

EDIT: Since you did kind of want a poll style thing going, I'd probably say Harvest Moon 64, I really really enjoy those games, although some people don't like them, but if you do enjoy it there is a LOT of content in that game.

[quote name='MoCiWe']You have a lot of quality games on that list! It's tough just to pick one so I'll name a couple that I really enjoyed: Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Harvest Moon 64, Power Stone, and Zone of the Enders. Looking over your list I could probably say that I liked a large percentage of them so no matter what you end up playing you should enjoy it.

EDIT: Since you did kind of want a poll style thing going, I'd probably say Harvest Moon 64, I really really enjoy those games, although some people don't like them, but if you do enjoy it there is a LOT of content in that game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's one of those things where I've started each game, but never finished. Now I have a goal to finish them. I really appreciate the positive input. I'm either going to let this go a week or 2 then decide what to play. I have it posted on gamefaqs and also on another board.

One game stands out to me on that list so i will just list that...
1.Zone of the Enders... (there is a new one kinda announced too)

i vote for resident evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus or dead space; those games are usually about an average of 15 hours each if you take ur time and play it thoroughly (basically without rushing it)
Those three have a pretty good mix of adventure and action if ur looking for a fix, and some added horror for RE4 and DS

What are you in the mood for. As a person with enough games to put any gamestore to shame (lol), I always narrow it down by what genre I'm in the mood for. You have quite a few different genres here. Do any of them sound more appealing at the moment?

[quote name='Zaku77']What are you in the mood for. As a person with enough games to put any gamestore to shame (lol), I always narrow it down by what genre I'm in the mood for. You have quite a few different genres here. Do any of them sound more appealing at the moment?[/QUOTE]

Lol, Anything is appealing on this list. I originally was just going to have my mom and G/F pick for me, but thought it more interesting for the internet to do it. But the ones that are Italicized , would have been the ones that I flipped for.

no ps3 love? play dead space 1st during night time turn off your lights and enjoy the terror then play bioshock its fantastic

[quote name='rpg']no ps3 love? play dead space 1st during night time turn off your lights and enjoy the terror then play bioshock its fantastic[/QUOTE]

Haha, no I don't have a PS3. I can't warrant the purchase.

Good deal, I only play creepy games in the dark. I refused to play the Condemned games in the day time. Speaking of, they need to make another one of those!

Thanks for the vote!

Bioshock or Fallout: New Vegas

I would recommend Max Payne 1 + 2 and Deus Ex if they were the PC versions. And Jet Grind Radio is getting a re-release on XBLA and PSN, so it's hard to recommend playing the Dreamcast version (Unless Sega changes the soundtrack like they did for Crazy Taxy, in which case the Dreamcast version would be superior.). And I would recommend Resident Evil 4, except every other version of the game is superior to the PS2 version.

The poll is over, you have chosen your winner. First post is updated with a complete rundown of the top 10....er 12. Thank you to all that provided feedback. It is much appreciated.

bread's done
Back