Introverts out there?

LOL... you alright OP?

I'd consider myself an introvert too; but more so because I have bad anxiety and I don't like being around people I'm not overly familar with unless I'm busy with something (playing sports, watching sports, concerts, movies etc.) or drinking.

[quote name='panzerfaust']OP we love you tell us what's wrong.[/QUOTE]

my guess is that the person in his life may want to go out more and do more things but the op is comfortable staying at home and chilling. kinda wonder if someone posted a reply to piss him off or something.

OP's originally asked if others were introverts as well; he claimed that he was an introvert but not the "Grandma's basement type"--that he is married and has kids but doesn't like going out.

I never saw and dickish responses but who knows

[quote name='GBAstar']OP's originally asked if others were introverts as well; he claimed that he was an introvert but not the "Grandma's basement type"--that he is married and has kids but doesn't like going out.

I never saw and dickish responses but who knows[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, just wanting to vent. Nobody here said anything negative.

I don't know what my problem is :)

[quote name='GBAstar']OP's originally asked if others were introverts as well;[/QUOTE]

Posting on a website devoted to gaming, I'm going to hazard a guess that at least a few of us are introverts (myself included).

I would say I'm an introvert. For me though, it's not that I don't want to go out occasionally, but I hate going places by myself.

You guys are weird introverts, that sounds a little more like agoraphobia or something.

I go out all the time. I just never want to talk to anyone.

[quote name='JStryke']I would say I'm an introvert. For me though, it's not that I don't want to go out occasionally, but I hate going places by myself.[/QUOTE]

I talk to people and shake hands with strangers, but I dislike travelling to places by myself. I think it's because I always used to go places with friends or girlfriends, but they've all since gone about their own lives, and I find myself going to the same places alone and reminiscing about those times. And in general, it's always nice to have someone experience something with you, to have someone to relate to and feel connected with, even slightly. I always find myself feeling closer to people when I do stuff with them, and that connectedness contributes to my happiness.

The real kicker for us gamers isn't that we're all introverted; it's that we know virtual reality -- Halo, Skyrim, GTA, etc. -- is often more exciting than actual reality. We lose ourselves in worlds that can't exist, with things we'll never physically see or do or hear, and as hundreds of different entities. It's the freedom of being able to do anything and everything we can't feasibly do in today's society and getting away with it that makes us love games. It takes discipline to balance both a social life and gaming, so just do your best and try to be happy with the results.

And unless you're able to game with your girlfriend, be prepared to not game or lose her. When she texts you, good advice is to stop playing whatever you're playing immediately. She's going to want to talk or do some needy, clingy girlfriend thing. If you want to keep her, you have to put her first and be attentive to her. Otherwise you might end up making her upset, and she will most likely remember the exact date you ignored her to play a game. Then if some douche comes along who is more attentive than you, she'll leave you for that brief sense of feeling wanted, at least until that other guy does the same thing. I'm sorry, this is female law. Welcome to woman country, population her.

[quote name='Blade']And unless you're able to game with your girlfriend, be prepared to not game or lose her. When she texts you, good advice is to stop playing whatever you're playing immediately. She's going to want to talk or do some needy, clingy girlfriend thing. If you want to keep her, you have to put her first and be attentive to her. Otherwise you might end up making her upset, and she will most likely remember the exact date you ignored her to play a game. Then if some douche comes along who is more attentive than you, she'll leave you for that brief sense of feeling wanted, at least until that other guy does the same thing. I'm sorry, this is female law. Welcome to woman country, population her.[/QUOTE]

Do you want to talk about it? :lol:

[quote name='Blade']Then if some douche comes along who is more attentive than you, she'll leave you for that brief sense of feeling wanted, at least until that other guy does the same thing.[/QUOTE]

If you're ignoring your girlfriend to play a game, then you're the douche.

I dunno if I'm an introvert or just really fucking cheap. I hate going out because that's good money I am spending on bullshit. Overpriced drinks, entrance fees, overpriced foods, etc.. I love hanging out at home with friends getting messed up playing games, watching movies and so forth. It's not like I never go out but really not much to do out there.

I'm an introvert more by choice than social failing. I just enjoy my time with the pups and being in my house.

I was turned into an introvert with no life because I only ever manage to become friends with extroverts who choose not to have a life. I could come out of my shell more if my leisure activities were something other than playing Xbox all the damn time. You can't meet new people sitting in your bedroom with a headset on.

I kinda hinted to my friends that I'm done being their videogame adventures sidekick. And they just don't get the reason why. I'm painfully single and it irks me to have to listen to them complain about girlfriend problems. They don't get that girls get offended when they get an hour of their time and Master Chief gets half a day.

I'd LOVE to be that poor bastard at the mall trailing behind his girlfriend holding her bags. That'd be heaven for me. I'd have a smile on my face the whole time. Other guys would make the "whip" noise and I'd say "Sure beats playing Call Of Duty and picking out bellybutton lint between matches! Or sitting in the "man cave" drinking Coors Light while everybody else is out there at clubs and bars."

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I was turned into an introvert with no life because I only ever manage to become friends with extroverts who choose not to have a life. I could come out of my shell more if my leisure activities were something other than playing Xbox all the damn time. You can't meet new people sitting in your bedroom with a headset on.

I kinda hinted to my friends that I'm done being their videogame adventures sidekick. And they just don't get the reason why. I'm painfully single and it irks me to have to listen to them complain about girlfriend problems. They don't get that girls get offended when they get an hour of their time and Master Chief gets half a day.

I'd LOVE to be that poor bastard at the mall trailing behind his girlfriend holding her bags. That'd be heaven for me. I'd have a smile on my face the whole time. Other guys would make the "whip" noise and I'd say "Sure beats playing Call Of Duty and picking out bellybutton lint between matches! Or sitting in the "man cave" drinking Coors Light while everybody else is out there at clubs and bars."[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHA...the grass is always greener, my friend.:lol:

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'd LOVE to be that poor bastard at the mall trailing behind his girlfriend holding her bags. That'd be heaven for me. I'd have a smile on my face the whole time. Other guys would make the "whip" noise and I'd say "Sure beats playing Call Of Duty and picking out bellybutton lint between matches! Or sitting in the "man cave" drinking Coors Light while everybody else is out there at clubs and bars."[/QUOTE]

You don't get achievement points for that.

And seriously, that sounds like a high-maintainence GF.

I could go on and on but I'll try to keep it relatively short.

Very basically I don't like a lot of people and a lot of people don't like me. I dont like people because they're assholes/dumb/or I dont share a common interest with the ones I meet, and at the same time they don't like me probably because I'm so quiet (borrring?) and might come off as judgmental? I don't know.

Just one example on why I don't like most people: A lot of people I work with don't like a certain person basically just because my boss doesn't like them. I personally don't have any common interests with this person but I also don't think it's very cool that everyone talks shit about them just because of that. It's lame and small minded to me. Why do so many people talk so much shit about others??

Oh and one rant for my side while I'm here: Quit fucking telling me I'm too quiet! I KNOW! Why do people find that acceptable but god forbid I tell them they talk too much...if you really want to talk to someone like me then just talk.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I could go on and on but I'll try to keep it relatively short.

Very basically I don't like a lot of people and a lot of people don't like me. I dont like people because they're assholes/dumb/or I dont share a common interest with the ones I meet, and at the same time they don't like me probably because I'm so quiet (borrring?) and might come off as judgmental? I don't know.

Just one example on why I don't like most people: A lot of people I work with don't like a certain person basically just because my boss doesn't like them. I personally don't have any common interests with this person but I also don't think it's very cool that everyone talks shit about them just because of that. It's lame and small minded to me. Why do so many people talk so much shit about others??

Oh and one rant for my side while I'm here: Quit fucking telling me I'm too quiet! I KNOW! Why do people find that acceptable but god forbid I tell them they talk too much...if you really want to talk to someone like me then just talk.[/QUOTE]

people usually do that because theyre afraid if they dont then they will end up being talked about as well. its pretty sad that even as adults shit still plays like high school. dont sweat the quiet shit at least people dont always tell you you look angry lol.

Nothing wrong with being an introvert.

But there is something wrong with being that guy who holds the bags while the girlfriend shops. Don't be that guy.

It's possible to be an introvert, have a gf, and not be a lapdog at the same time.

The guy holding the girl's bags? She's not really into that guy. She just tolerates him or his money.

LOLZ...just because a guy is carrying a girl's bags doesn't mean she's high maintenance or a gold-digger. It could just mean that she's too lazy to hold her own shit. There are a lot more worse things someone could ask you to do to get some play. Holding bags is one of the easier ones.

I took a small set of questions that labeled me as 70% Extrovert and 30% Introvert. Usually I have about three or four sets of people asking me to do stuff. When I was a bit younger (16~19) I basically only had one group of friends and would complain when we all couldn't hang out. I would bitch about never having stuff to do since everyone was always preoccupied with other things.

Around 20 ~ 21 (I'm 22 now) I branched out a lot and it's some times not all that it's cracked up to be. A lot of times I just want to stay home and do my own things and I like to only go out once or twice a week. You really have to be careful some times. People are all the same about 90% of the time. They'll be your best friend in your presence and then talk a shit storm about you the minute you're gone.

I've learned to accept that just about all the people I know are only acquaintances and I have like 2 or 3 real friends. The moment you realize that though and don't expect anything out of people, it can be pretty fun.

you're so freakin argumentative (and that's coming from someone who's argumentative) that you don't bother reading anyone else's sentences do you? I'm gonna regret even responding to you.

A girl who doesn't carry her own bags isn't high maintenance? Unless she lost her arms in a war, that's high maintenance.

Like I said, if you're carrying her bags around like a servant, you're not the type of man she's really into. women don't swoon over guys who carry stuff around for them. they tolerate them OR their money.

also, if she's too lazy to carry her own shit, that's a problem. carry your own damn bags. there's nothing wrong with a guy who helps his girl carry stuff. that's just being gentlemanly. But if you ever see a dude carrying all the bags and the girl is not doing anything, she's worthless and so is he.

@crunchberry - what I'm trying to tell you is that being the "nice" guy is for losers. You know why your friends have girl problems and you don't? Because you're willing to spend half a day/ the whole day/ whatever with the girls doing whatever they want. Meanwhile, your friends are like "whatever, I'm gonna play so halo right now. Go pick me up some food and maybe we can hang out after I'm done." And the girls will grouse about it the whole time but they'll actually do it!

Now, I'm sure people will be like "I'm a nice guy and I get girls." Yeah yeah. I'm a nice guy too. I know what that's like. But women are insane. they are completely irrational. And depending on their age, they will do whatever is absolutely the worst for them. It's a cliche but it's so true.

And all that being said, to get back to the original topic, just be yourself. If you're an introvert, just accept it. Be more outgoing but you're never gonna be like the extroverts you know. You'll be happier just being yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious'].
@crunchberry - what I'm trying to tell you is that being the "nice" guy is for losers. You know why your friends have girl problems and you don't? Because you're willing to spend half a day/ the whole day/ whatever with the girls doing whatever they want. Meanwhile, your friends are like "whatever, I'm gonna play so halo right now. Go pick me up some food and maybe we can hang out after I'm done." And the girls will grouse about it the whole time but they'll actually do it!

Now, I'm sure people will be like "I'm a nice guy and I get girls." Yeah yeah. I'm a nice guy too. I know what that's like. But women are insane. they are completely irrational. And depending on their age, they will do whatever is absolutely the worst for them. It's a cliche but it's so true.[/QUOTE]

So fucked up but so damn true. At least around my age group. If girls see you as the type of guy that they can just walk all over, you're not going anywhere buddy. Find comfort in the friendzone cause that's where you'll be.

It's even more aggravating that they bitch and moan about all guys being assholes when just about every female has their idea of "prince charming" in the friend zone this whole time.

Now I'm not saying to be a complete asshole to girls cause that's kinda wrong but at the same time don't be that guy that is ALWAYS there. If you're too easily available, then you've ruined your chances lol.

In my experience I used to think of myself as a bit of introvert in college, especially at the start. And outside of the girlfriend, a select group of friends or going set events I probably do not get out too much, but I make sure to enjoy myself and I make sure I enjoy the company of the people I'm with when i do. IMO, you can still be a bit of an interovert and have good time sompleace, but I don't go out purely on the thought of me being "social". What's the point in going out someplace if you don't really like anyone there anyways?

What's funny to me though is the people I knew in college and such that used to be major "extroverts" and go out for a night on the town every night now all have 1 or 2 small kids. I, for perhaps better or worse do not have kids, so now it's ironic to me that I probably get out and do more social activities on a weekly basis, and in that sense I'm much more of an extrovert than them now comparatively speaking.

You're reading way too much into my post. Point is that I'm not going to hate on some dude for holding his girl's shit, whether it's all of it or some of it.

Also, not everything is about you. elessar made the high maintenance comment too.

edit: Oh and shit like that gets less important as you mature and get older for both parties. But until you hit about 28, you're gonna be jumping through hoops. Just enjoy the craziness while you can and at the end, you'll have an ass-load of funny ex stories.

I was an introvert with severe social anxiety until I was about 21. Then I A. Met my girlfriend (now fiance) and B. Got a job doing customer service at a call center, which essentially forced me to talk to other people, even if it was just over the phone. Honestly though, had my girlfriend not made the first move on me, who knows where I'd be, I was clueless about her interest in me until she all but spelled it out for me.

[quote name='dohdough']You're reading way too much into my post. Point is that I'm not going to hate on some dude for holding his girl's shit, whether it's all of it or some of it.

Also, not everything is about you. elessar made the high maintenance comment too.

edit: Oh and shit like that gets less important as you mature and get older for both parties. But until you hit about 28, you're gonna be jumping through hoops. Just enjoy the craziness while you can and at the end, you'll have an ass-load of funny ex stories.[/QUOTE]

no shit because if you hold her shit when you get home she will be sure to hold your shit ( possibly in her mouth). id never hold a chicks purse though fuck that.

[quote name='lokizz']no shit because if you hold her shit when you get home she will be sure to hold your shit ( possibly in her mouth). id never hold a chicks purse though fuck that.[/QUOTE]

Holding a chick's purse gets you OVER 9000!!!!!! Think about it...

[quote name='ShockandAww']I could go on and on but I'll try to keep it relatively short.

Oh and one rant for my side while I'm here: Quit fucking telling me I'm too quiet! I KNOW! Why do people find that acceptable but god forbid I tell them they talk too much...if you really want to talk to someone like me then just talk.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I think we were separated at birth. Seriously, I thought that was my post until I saw that wasn't my avatar. I get that shit too. "You don't talk to anybody." I talk to people as much as they talk to me, and always try to get to know somebody, at least a hell of a lot more than they bother to get to know me. I think outgoing people are too dumb to tell the difference between being shy and being stuck up.

It's like that where I work. People don't talk to this retarded kid who just tries to be nice to everybody. After about six months, he stopped coming out on break. They'd say "Why doesn't he come out on break anymore? Where does he go on break?" and it was like he used to but nobody would scoot over for him to sit down, nobody would talk to him. If he said anything, it would just get dead quiet. And they're too ignorant to see that their fakeness is even observable by a retarded kid.

I hate where I work. Everybody thinks they are better than everybody. People ten years younger than you who label you a "loser" because you never ask for days off, or never come back on Monday with crazy weekend stories. I've been there six years and even if I had fingers missing I could still count on one hand how many people there even know my last name.

You want to be an extrovert at work and an introvert during the rest of your life. It's a good philosophy to live by. You get ahead at work and you don't get into too much trouble or deal with many people's drama in your personal life.

[quote name='lokizz']no shit because if you hold her shit when you get home she will be sure to hold your shit ( possibly in her mouth). id never hold a chicks purse though fuck that.[/QUOTE]

If you share the same love for one another and she respects you then you won't have to hold her stuff to get your junk in her mouth.

[quote name='Spanky']If you share the same love for one another and she respects you then you won't have to hold her stuff to get your junk in her mouth.[/QUOTE]
lol what? You one of those metrosexuals or something?

[quote name='eldergamer']If I was an introvert, I wouldn't announce it in a public space like this.[/QUOTE]

Touché ✂

bread's done
Back