Twisted Metal (Playstation 3) $39.99 @Amazon

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']in when its $20.[/QUOTE]

Same. Hopefully people will still be online at that point.

[quote name='jj5206']I'm waiting for $30. I really want to play this game.[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for this game. It really brings you back to the playstation glory days of 1 and 2. Plus, the additions work out well for this series aswell.

[quote name='bshirk']Same. Hopefully people will still be online at that point.[/QUOTE]

all the people who are waiting to buy it when its $20 will be online...

I'm really excited to play this game, but the gamefly sales have been spoiling me and I won't really pay more than $15-$20 for a game anymore unless its one of the games that I get on a midnight release (which is basically just MW3 and BF3).

Let me know when it hits $20.

Too bad its not much fun and mostly uncontrolled mayham which is just confusing. Huge dissapointment Wait for it cheap. I paid 42 I think that was way too much.

Haha looks like there will be plenty of people online when this hits $20 (my price point as well!). Kinda surprised it hasn't gotten closer to that mark already. Thinking it might be even less for a sweet Black Friday sale.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Around 20 or so for me. Love the twisted metal series ![/QUOTE]

If you love Twisted Metal, you might want to stay away. It still baffles me that they made a game this terrible when they had 10 years.

If you want an example, the right thumbstick up, left, and right is look around and down is brake. Also, the AI is cheap rubberband AI reminiscent of SNES days. I bought it as part of a Sony Card promotion and wish I hadn't since I still have fond memories of the good games in the series.

I never played a TM game before so this was my first one. Never caught my attention back in the day. I'm highly impressed with it. The story so far is twisted, and I'm highly addicted to the game play. Just trying to survive in this game is a blast. ^You know you can change the controls right? I changed the controls to the analog sticks and it feels like second nature to me. Anyways I can imagine how crazy this game would get if you were online. Haven't tried that portion out yet.

I rented it and it was a lot of fun. I just can't bring myself to overpay for a game when I know it'll be $20 in the near future.

[quote name='YBX87']you need an online pass to play online right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, 10 bucks on PSN (was looking at Add Ons the other day)

Personally, I wish this game's trophies weren't so ridiculous...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this game was amazing. Especially split-screen but I warn you of its frustratingly hard singleplayer (on twisted). It's worth every penny at 40 though. ONE of the few games I paid 60 for this year.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I'm seeing allot of references to tm 1 and 2, but how does it compare to Black?[/QUOTE]

If you liked Black, you'll love this one.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Honestly, why isn't this $20 yet? This one is taking forever to drop.[/QUOTE]

i agree. i bought it new if only cause i wanted that black code. but i sold it back hoping it would drop in price soon and damnit it hasnt.

the game isnt too bad but online was sort of laggy and bad originally dont know if its fixed. and single player can be a pain in the but as the AI fights you and you only. i was hoping it would be like black where they fight each other also.

also the story of black where there are cut scenes for each character is cooler than the 3 people who get to play in the story.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I'm seeing allot of references to tm 1 and 2, but how does it compare to Black?[/QUOTE]

Better than black imo, if you liked black you'll like this one, The gameplay just reminds me more of tm2.

This is my Game of The Year. Loved every second of it, great story mode which is very very challenging on Twisted. Fantastic online with ample game modes and mayhem! Worth every penny at 60 IMO

I'd like to buy this, but like everyone else, I'll wait for 20 or less. Any game that includes a online pass system can honestly f*ck off. If you are that worried about used sales, make the game digital only, sell it for 20-30$ at launch, and reap the 100% profit of selling through your own closed ecosystem. I'm tired of sony, e.a, and other publishers trying to find creative ways to screw consumers out of even more money than they are. On top of that they then have the nerve to cram restrictive DRM down our throats, treating paying customers like criminals. Online passes are bullshit, and a bad omen for the direction the game industry is headed in. It honestly seems like the AAA videogame business model is only sustainable for the few who can actually afford to develop, market, and recoup a loss from a failed game.

bread's done
Back