Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS3, Xbox 360 for $30 + free shipping Amazon

ckc4043

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS3, Xbox 360 for $30 + free shipping

Hotness: Posted 2 hr 57 min ago
Amazon offers the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PlayStation 3 (pictured) or Xbox 360 for $29.99 with free shipping. That's tied with our February mention and the lowest total price we could find for either platform by at least $7. It includes Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, each running in 720p.

Go go go

Took long enough! Got the PS3 version. I also bought MGS3 and MGS3 Subsistence years ago. Such a good game. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ckc4043']What is black friday?[/QUOTE]

The friday after Thanksgiving. Most stores in the US have very deep discounts on various items that day. Shops open up at 12am, 5am, etc.

Thanks for the post OP, but I'm gonna hold off for now. Backlog is too big, so I'll wait for $20, or until I get caught up.

Really only want it for Peacewalker. Played 2 and 3 way too many times and still own them on PS2. Is Peacewalker good? Or worth $30 if I have no interest in 2/3?

My friend bought this for me from GS. Damn, I guess he paid 40 or something since I got it like last week. I've only played 3 so far and it looks damn good remastered. If you're a metal gear fan, get this. I don't think it'll get to 20 or so for a little while.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Really only want it for Peacewalker. Played 2 and 3 way too many times and still own them on PS2. Is Peacewalker good? Or worth $30 if I have no interest in 2/3?[/QUOTE]
I'd say no. It's a very good fun game and the cutscenes are beautifully drawn, and it plays almost exactly like MGS4 (only things missing is no crawling, no moving along walls, among other little intricacies like rolling on the ground).

There's plenty of play value, however; considering the PSP version is dirt cheap now and that this has been out for like what, 6 months now? It's not worth it just for PW considering the price it'll undoubtedly reach soon and the price the stand-alone PSP version has been (considering you only want it for PW). I'd wait for $20.

Peace Walker and MGS 3 each are worth getting the collection alone. They are brilliant games.

And yes $10 is possible. I have a huge backlog, and $10 on Black Friday is not out of the question, so I can wait it out. But this collection will probably hit $20 next month if you want to wait that long.

This is a fantastic collection and dont overlook Peace Walker. That is the true sequel to Snake Eater fantastic game with great boss battles, story, characters and cool comic book like cut scenes. It's a real entry into the MGS universe you're missing alot by not playing it. I'd call it MGS 3.5 tbh.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Really only want it for Peacewalker. Played 2 and 3 way too many times and still own them on PS2. Is Peacewalker good? Or worth $30 if I have no interest in 2/3?[/QUOTE]

Yes without a doubt.

You could also sell 2 and 3 get maybe $10 each for those on Ebay because you'll have them in HD.

This is tempting, but I must resist until $20 or less since I have all three games separately. MGS II: Substance on Xbox, MGS III: Subsistence on PS2, and Peace Walker on PSP.

I would consider getting the PS3 version and then the Vita version for the transfarring portion.

I don't know, might even consider getting, the Xbox 360 version just to see what it is like to play MGS III and Peace Walker with an Xbox controller.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is tempting, but I must resist until $20 or less since I have all three games separately. MGS II: Substance on Xbox, MGS III: Subsistence on PS2, and Peace Walker on PSP.

I would consider getting the PS3 version and then the Vita version for the transfarring portion.[/QUOTE]How the hell did so many people miss the $30 BB sale + b2g1 some time ago even with tax still better deal. Plus, wasn't this also a BF deal as well. Didn't AMZ match the sale price back then too.
Great games but this has been avail for $20-$30 straight up or thru deals.

used copies can still be had for under $25 w/@gamer coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

I like the transferring idea with vita but what sony needs to do is get the games out at the same time & get older games in the franchise avail too. All there 1st party titles need collections.

I want this collection pretty bad, but I've waited this long for a price cut.... I can wait a bit longer. $15 and I'll bite.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I'd say no. It's a very good fun game and the cutscenes are beautifully drawn, and it plays almost exactly like MGS4 (only things missing is no crawling, no moving along walls, among other little intricacies like rolling on the ground).

There's plenty of play value, however; considering the PSP version is dirt cheap now and that this has been out for like what, 6 months now? It's not worth it just for PW considering the price it'll undoubtedly reach soon and the price the stand-alone PSP version has been (considering you only want it for PW). I'd wait for $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know the PSP version is pretty cheap now, but my PSP is broken :( I could probably download it on my Vita, but of it's on the store Sony probably priced it at $20. Hmmm, I mean I would eventually play 2 and 3 again, probably just not anytime soon. Maybe I'll wait for $20 on this. Thanks.

Yes! TY OP, Been waiting for this. Dunno WTF this was released @ the $50 price line.

Must have for MGS fans. If you're not a fan, I highly suggest you give it a try. Excellent series.

I'll bet 10 gagillion dollars this will never be for $10 (new). $20 is lowest it'll go imo or maybe $17.99 newegg one day.

The NY tax wasn't that bad. I got another item for $13 with my MGS order, and the tax for the item and the game totaled $3.85. And free shipping too.

[quote name='captpluto9465']The NY tax wasn't that bad. I got another item for $13 with my MGS order, and the tax for the item and the game totaled $3.85. And free shipping too.[/QUOTE]

I just have my own limit on how much I want to spend. Instead of saving $10 (29.99 compared to 39.99 MSRP), with the tax included I'd only save just over $7 above regular price (without tax).

I still might get this though. I bought the MGS HD Limited Edition last year, and decided to keep it sealed. So I still haven't played the games in HD! :cry:

bread's done
Back