Cave Story 3D $29.99 @ Amazon

Dang..ive been waiting for $20 tag like most 3ds games released at its time. One inch closer I suppose :/ #silverlining

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Dang..ive been waiting for $20 tag like most 3ds games released at its time. One inch closer I suppose :/ #silverlining[/QUOTE]

I'm completely with you. It's a short game, so I find it really hard paying more than $20. But still....if no one lowers it soon, I may have to bite.

[quote name='Snowball21']I'm completely with you. It's a short game, so I find it really hard paying more than $20. But still....if no one lowers it soon, I may have to bite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's also hard when it's a visual makeover of the same exact game that can be downloaded for

[quote name='Teeheehee']Keep in mind they're planning to release a 3DS eShop version of Cave Story +, especially if you don't care about whatever the 3DS cart version adds to Cave Story (I only know of the polygon levels and characters):

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/30/cave-story-hits-the-3ds-eshop-soon-separate-from-cave-story-3d/[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, thanks for this. That article was from April 30th and said "in a month or so" meaning, obviously, idealy itll be in the next update.

Which makes me wonder: those pubs/devs who made 3d must be pretty pissed. Also, id think sincethis new version is coming soon, itll threaten CS 3d, and therefore, this should be way cheaper than $30 - they need to off these asap, imo!

And to clarify: is this akin to a "3d classic" i.e. kirby & excite bike, in which its merely the original CS+ with 3d/sharper colors? The only difference really would be that cs3d has polygonal characters, while cs+ is sprite-based...right?

I've played Cave Story freeware, on the Wii, and Cave Story+ so I'm waiting for the $15-20 range. Great game but I can't justify paying over 20 to play it for the fourth time. Especially since I don't think I like the visuals for this as much.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']

And to clarify: is this akin to a "3d classic" i.e. kirby & excite bike, in which its merely the original CS+ with 3d/sharper colors? The only difference really would be that cs3d has polygonal characters, while cs+ is sprite-based...right?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's a complete graphical remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOmfb2zNlY

Haven't tried it yet, waiting for the price to go down even further.

I bought it for this price close to launch. Totally regret it. This version really is the worst, as the spirit of the game is gone, the music is sad, and the visuals are completely muddled. I plan on buying Cave Story + to replace my copy.

[quote name='Kenshindono']well if that other version is coming out then this should definitely drop some more I would think. I too am waiting for

[quote name='Dranakin']I bought it for this price close to launch. Totally regret it. This version really is the worst, as the spirit of the game is gone, the music is sad, and the visuals are completely muddled. I plan on buying Cave Story + to replace my copy.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking after looking at the screen shots of the new version.

bread's done
Back