Future Shop E3 Deal

Didn't alot of people here go through a big fucking hassle last year just to get those games for $20 off?

[quote name='VetraX']Didn't alot of people here go through a big fucking hassle last year just to get those games for $20 off?[/QUOTE]
Not me, my only issue was that they screwed up my SSX order and canceled it. I eventually got them to credit me $20 once it came out and they billed me for $60. I think some people were having hassles getting preorder bonuses with their E3 games or something like that. I think there were probs getting a Steelbook of one game if you had preordered during the E3 deal.

$20 off was honored in the E3 sale just that, few games had prices higher during E3 sale than actual retail price when the games were released. Batman AC was one that stood out, as a lot people pre-ordered it. And people wanted the $20 off from the release price. Deus EX had the free upgrade to Augmented Edition for those who pre-order it, a moderator from the FS online forum confirm that all E3 pre-order will get the upgrade, but it turn out that moderator was wrong.

I got a bunch of Vita games with their Trade 1 using $20 games. I don't even want Resistance Burning Skies, but I had a $10 coupon so might as well. FS is actually pretty good with their trade deal. Anyways, despite the sharp drop in prices for new games, I'm still interested in what they have to offer for E3. I'm still waiting on Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Sly 4, Darksiders 2 and the Last Guardian.

That's right, I remember the Batman and Augmented being issues.

I still have Tomb Raider, Sly 4, Darksiders 2, and some others from last E3. I'm focusing more on PC games now so I might cancel some of these PS3 preorders.

Super duper special e3 deal...you will have to buy one more title and pay $20 more though from last year but, it's super special we swear! Especially when you don't get any pre-order bonuses and we don't let you return titles if you decide you don't want them at a later date... YAY

It still works out to $15 off each game which isn't THAT bad. If you plan on getting 4 games anyways, you might as well jump on the deal.

GTAV
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Black Ops 2 (Yeah, yeah.)

E3 just has announce one more, as the Saints Row 3 expansion is only going to be $39.99 anyways, I believe.

Perhaps Halo 4 if the campaign looks good.

I had no problem getting the games I ordered last year... I would say this about this years deal though.

It's pretty good if you're planning to get 4 games on launch day. But considering that we've seen $40 price points on new games as early as a few weeks after launch, you may want to reconsider if you don't absolutely need it day one. I know (and I'm sure many other people are in my situation) due to my backlog and life, playing games day one just doesn't happen anymore.

Of course I say this and watch me get all caught up in the E3 buzz and pre-order 8 games...

[quote name='PapaLau']
Of course I say this and watch me get all caught up in the E3 buzz and pre-order 8 games...[/QUOTE]

LOL..Yeah. Although remember last year people were hyped about Operation Raccoon City and Kingdom's of Amalur. If you order during the sale you know you won't get any other pre-order bonuses and may not be able to return games if you change your mind depending how they structure the check out. To pre-order a year in advance you have to sweeten the deal or at least make it equivalent to last year. Although this may be worth it if the rumour of $49.99 Wii U games holds up.

[quote name='Rastafari']Super duper special e3 deal...you will have to buy one more title and pay $20 more though from last year but, it's super special we swear! Especially when you don't get any pre-order bonuses and we don't let you return titles if you decide you don't want them at a later date... YAY[/QUOTE]

I managed to return a couple of the games just fine. I was worried I might have to incur some fee for going under the requisite number of games for that order. As for e preorder stuff, most of the FS-exclusives are inside the case. For the other stuff, I don't really mind losing out if it means $20 less for a game day 1.

Honestly didn't have a problem with those pre-orders last year. Only problem was maybe Mass Effect 3 coming in a day late, but that was it.

I had minimal problems with the deal last year. I had to get the price adjusted for Batman: Arkham City and a couple of titles showed up a day or two after release (most recently, Max Payne 3).

I'm sure that Future Shop will say that they lost money on last year's E3 sale saying that $40 is less than their cost. However, $40 is the sweet spot for me. I'll take a chance on something for $40. Otherwise, I'll wait until after it releases and wait for the price to drop to $40.

We'll see what happens next week, but I'm hoping that Best Buy comes out with something better.

I'm just going to go with Bestbuy on this. $10 off and 800 reward zone points is decent.

Since game prices drop pretty fast now I think I'll just order games that i want on day 1 like Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. Save all the single player stuff until the eventual drop to $40.

Most of the big name games come within 30 days of Black Friday so you shouldn't have a problem getting price adjustments.

[quote name='retro.elite']PS vita games buy 2 get 1 free, 9 to choose from. I haven't touch my vita in a long time.[/QUOTE]

where does it say Vita games are buy 2 get 1 free?

The fine print says "Offer valid June 1-24," so I imagine you'd have to wait until Gravity Rush is actually released to use it in the promo.

[quote name='Lockescythe']they show grav daze but its not part of the promotion. Spesh since its not even out yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Ordered 8 games on Best Buy this morning, better deal in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy last year also had the better pre-E3 deal.
But once E3 rolled around FS improved their offer to match BB, since they don't have a reward program. I'll wait and see if FS sticks to what they have now.

I think I'm going to go with the BB deal, I hope we can use the reward points earned toward paying for the later releases. That would effectively make the deal the same as last year's $20 off.

I like the BB deal as well. $10 off AND an additional $10 in reward zone points? Done. Unless FS vastly improves theirs I'll stick with BB/

[quote name='bi-gE']I think I'm going to go with the BB deal, I hope we can use the reward points earned toward paying for the later releases. That would effectively make the deal the same as last year's $20 off.[/QUOTE]
You can't redeem points online so I don't think this will work unless you're preordering in-store.

actually I just read the fine print for the FS deal and if you were planning on trying this in store, bad news, you can't. It's an online only E3 deal

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']dannng so which 4 games? looks like best bets? that wed not regret ahha for the ps3?[/QUOTE] The only games that I can see keeping above $40 within a few months after its release are Halo 4 and GTA5. Or are you talking about the quality of the games? If I'm going with my heart, I'd pick Assassin's Creed 3, Metal Gear Rising, Forza Horizon, NFS Most Wanted, the Last of Us, the Last Guardian (assuming it even comes out), Dead Space 3, Dance Central 3, Steel Battalion and XCOM Enemy Unknown.

[quote name='Mr.']The only games that I can see keeping above $40 within a few months after its release are Halo 4 and GTA5. Or are you talking about the quality of the games? If I'm going with my heart, I'd pick Assassin's Creed 3, Metal Gear Rising, Forza Horizon, NFS Most Wanted, the Last of Us, the Last Guardian (assuming it even comes out), Dead Space 3, Dance Central 3, Steel Battalion and XCOM Enemy Unknown.[/QUOTE]
yeah just games youd feel be worth the money who cares about if itll retain trade in value thats good too be most important that its worth the 45 we spend hah
just heads ups guys FS is showing RE6 anthology i guess it will have the older re series.

The Anthology (PS3) includes the Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and Resident Evil 4 HD
The Archive (360) offers Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, and the Resident Evil Degeneration film

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']yeah just games youd feel be worth the money who cares about if itll retain trade in value thats good too be most important that its worth the 45 we spend hah
just heads ups guys FS is showing RE6 anthology i guess it will have the older re series.

The Anthology (PS3) includes the Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and Resident Evil 4 HD
The Archive (360) offers Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, and the Resident Evil Degeneration film[/QUOTE]

Another heads up the Anthology is only $59.99 at FS as opposed to $89.99 everywhere else, plus Watch Dogs doesn't show 800 points at BB. I preorder RE6 Anthology, Last of Us, Watch Dogs, and Beyond Two Souls for a total of $180 (approx before tax). At Best Buy I would have effectively paid $210 (before tax but with RZ points) (RE6 Anthology $79.99, Last of Us $39.99, Beyond $39.99, Watch Dogs $49.99).

Depends which games you're looking for though, I still have preorders for GTA5, RE6 (I'll cancel or return), Kingdom Hearts 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion at BB. Geez I think I have a problem :D.

[quote name='squirrelmaster']Another heads up the Anthology is only $59.99 at FS as opposed to $89.99 everywhere else, plus Watch Dogs doesn't show 800 points at BB. I preorder RE6 Anthology, Last of Us, Watch Dogs, and Beyond Two Souls for a total of $180 (approx before tax). At Best Buy I would have effectively paid $210 (before tax but with RZ points) (RE6 Anthology $79.99, Last of Us $39.99, Beyond $39.99, Watch Dogs $49.99).

Depends which games you're looking for though, I still have preorders for GTA5, RE6 (I'll cancel or return), Kingdom Hearts 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion at BB. Geez I think I have a problem :D.[/QUOTE]

lol nice picks i hope we dont go wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back