One Cent Guides Best Buy Online B&M

I dont know if I want to order online, last time I ordered these here my Best Buy cleared all the extras out, meaning no other CAGs got any... other than that they are horrible about clearing out penny guides

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Sweet...it's about time they dropped some more guides. I know where I'll be heading on my lunch break...[/QUOTE]

This is probably the best approach . . . stealth.

Ordering for instore pickup may alert the staff. Just go instore today and look for them.

Also, why not leave copies behind for your fellow CAGers?

Heck, you could even try (mildly) to hide them and alert others to where you placed them.

[quote name='schultzed']This is probably the best approach . . . stealth.

Ordering for instore pickup may alert the staff. Just go instore today and look for them.

Also, why not leave copies behind for your fellow CAGers?

Heck, you could even try (mildly) to hide them and alert others to where you placed them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that is what happened the only time I got these with in store pick up, they were alerted and cleared out all the pennied guides EXCEPT NFL street 2, which I hadnt ordered online... I am just going to go there at lunch and be sure to leave behind lots of guides for my fellow CAGs

Hmm, I ordered instore pickup, last time and they really didn't care for some reason. So if someone orders instore pickup, will they honor that order and then remove all the 1cent guides for everyone else? Man that's sucks. I thought they made these 1cent because they are just trying to clear them out or something.

All the guides, save Warrior Within, were in stock locally. Picked up a copy of each of them, though I had to split it up between two stores. :evil:

I put Warrior Within for shipping, though, I'll see if I can talk to BB.com and see if they'll waive the shipping charge, since the site was saying "Available for pickup at most stores", like it always does when it screws up.

Thanks to the OP for the heads' up on the penny guides. I needed a guide for LoTR:TTA, and the rest, why not, they're a penny?

EDIT: Found that a store that didn't have the WW guide in-stock when I placed the order, suddenly had it in stock at a different store. Ended up making a new order, with one of the guides being at the BB closest to me, and the rest at a BB not so nearby, though somewhere I go often enough. Cancelled the old order. So, scored all the ones I wanted (all but the Pokemon guide) for in-store pickup.

CAGs that can't find a guide or two locally might want to check back a little later, since the WW guide wasn't in stock at any of my stores 20 minutes ago, and now, a few minutes ago, it had one of them.

[quote name='MadFlava']Hmm, I ordered instore pickup, last time and they really didn't care for some reason. So if someone orders instore pickup, will they honor that order and then remove all the 1cent guides for everyone else? Man that's sucks. I thought they made these 1cent because they are just trying to clear them out or something.[/QUOTE]

No they system sets it at a penny... but the guides are to be thrown away. They are not suppose to sell them for a penny.

So the key is to buy them without alerting anyone so they don't throw the rest of them out.

[quote name='Indiana']No they system sets it at a penny... but the guides are to be thrown away. They are not suppose to sell them for a penny.

So the key is to buy them without alerting anyone so they don't throw the rest of them out.[/QUOTE]

All the more reason to try and get 'em through BB.com, since they can't stop a sale of a guide that they've already said they have and have sold.

When I go in-store, I keep it very much on the down-low, though I've seen them post signs for the penny guides. Like this:

Can't do much to keep it on the down-low, when they put up the signs.

THanks...... I choose Instore pickup

Mortal Kombat: Deception (2 copies)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2 copies)
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (2 copies)
Pokémon FireRed / Pokémon LeafGreen (2 copies)
Men of Valor: Vietnam (2 copies)
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (2 copies)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 ( 2 copies)

Sadly, no Prince of Persia 2 :(

Cancelled out my first order, because the WW guide showed up in-store locally, and re-ordered the LOTR:TTA guide for in-store pickup at the same store.

Guess what. Between when I made the first order and the second order, they pulled the guide for the first order. When the second order hit, the guide isn't available.

When I called BB.com about this, the guy tells me that the system he's looking at is updated more quickly than the website and that it's not there. How shocking, a BB system that's more up to date than the website. :shock:

I told the guy I'd call the store when it opened and see if they can tell me what's going on. In the meantime, I found it at another BB, the same one I ordered the GR2 guide from.

I'm probably the only person who ordered it online. The shipping does kick the deal a bit, but $5 for a guide isn't too bad if it's a good game.

When I looked at In-Store-Pickup it stated that the guides were all backordered. Seemed a bit odd so I chose against it. Also, I never know if I'm going to run into a problem of the item not being at the store when I get there, and then missing out entirely, which has happened before.

[quote name='evo t rex']I'm probably the only person who ordered it online. The shipping does kick the deal a bit, but $5 for a guide isn't too bad if it's a good game.

When I looked at In-Store-Pickup it stated that the guides were all backordered. Seemed a bit odd so I chose against it. Also, I never know if I'm going to run into a problem of the item not being at the store when I get there, and then missing out entirely, which has happened before.[/QUOTE]

The past few times I've done in-store pickup for guides, they've been there for me. This time around, I'm not 100% sure of that, since I have one guide that's up in the air on one order that might not materialize.

Backordered for a penny guide in-store = they'll never get it again

Once they're listed as a penny, they're supposed to be destroyed locally or shipped back to a BB.com warehouse for sale.

Oh man, Best Buy better give me MGS3 for 1 cent later today. My BB sucks, they wouldnt let me buy 1 penny guides the last time that happened. But then again, I tried to buy like 3 copies of each guide, so that probably caused it...I'll just pick up 1 of each copy today

If I can't get MGS3, I hope someone is cool enough to reserve a copy for me :p

[quote name='Wario64']Oh man, Best Buy better give me MGS3 for 1 cent later today. My BB sucks, they wouldnt let me buy 1 penny guides the last time that happened. But then again, I tried to buy like 3 copies of each guide, so that probably caused it...I'll just pick up 1 of each copy today

If I can't get MGS3, I hope someone is cool enough to reserve a copy for me :p[/QUOTE]

Wario, I picked up a copy of it, before I remembered I had a copy of it already. It's yours if you want it. Might be a day or two before I get my hands on it, so I'll let you know when I have it in-hand.

I thought about doing the in store pickup, but remembered what happened the last time (Paper Mario). They said they were 'out of stock' but I went to the store anyway and there was a few just lying around available. I will make a stealth run tonight instead

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I thought about doing the in store pickup, but remembered what happened the last time (Paper Mario). They said they were 'out of stock' but I went to the store anyway and there was a few just lying around available. I will make a stealth run tonight instead[/QUOTE]

Wait, so the Paper Mario guide at BB is penny-ed out? I'll have to go pick up one or two then.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Wait, so the Paper Mario guide at BB is penny-ed out? I'll have to go pick up one or two then.[/QUOTE]

A while ago. Does your BB actually have it? That'd be surprising.

Thanks, OP. I'm gonna try to get MGS3, Deception, POP:WW, Third Age, Rogue Agent, and Ghost Recon 2. And by "try to get", I really mean call and beg Guessed to try to find extras. Hey, i'm offering him a quarter for all that :p

Well, my BB had one or two copies of everything I wanted except for POP:WW. I might try another store if I get the chance, but I'm very pleased with what I got this time anyway. Thanks much to the OP! :D

[quote name='guessed']A while ago. Does your BB actually have it? That'd be surprising.[/QUOTE]

The Paper Mario guide and the Xmen Legends guides were the only two pennied guides that I couldn't find at any store from the last drop. I doubt any store still has any but it's still worth a shot.

I forgot to say this earlier (and deemed it necessary to have its own post) but when you go for either your in-store pickup or just going to the B&M store to find some guides, remember to use either your credit card or the ever so great, $2 bill.:razz::twisted::twisted:

My best buy pulled them all for a 're-pricing'. Then I found a pokemon guide and he was like "i pulled them all, that is the unofficial one", but it wasnt. He asked me which ones I wanted and got 2 of each guide. I should have said... do you have $2.00 worth? I should have since they are probably going to trash them anyway.

i would also like a PoP: WW and MGS3 guide if anyone would be so nice as to locate one at their BB. mine is out. PM me if you can find any.

i'll pay extra for your troubles.

Managed to get a copy of MGS3, Mortal Kombat, LoR, Rogue Agent and PoP! I tried to buy 2 copies of each (to trade, or to give to people), but at the first one the guy rang it up and then started doing a price override back to the original $16.99! I told him that they were $0.01 online and he got flustered and said that he had to talk to his manager. I watched him talking to someone and he was waving the guide around all over the place. A couple minutes later he comes back and says that they'll sell me one at a penny, the rest would be full price. Since I was more than happy to get just one... =) You'd think that there would be some intermediate price drops on these things. I sure won't pay $17 for a guide, but I would pay $2, $5 or even $7-8 if the guide was good enough.

There were a ton of MGS3 guides at the store; It makes me sad that they'll be heading back to get pulped. =( I stopped by another store on the way in to work, but they had already pulled all of them.

In my visit to BB today, I can confirm that the Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls guide is down to a penny now too.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I forgot to say this earlier (and deemed it necessary to have its own post) but when you go for either your in-store pickup or just going to the B&M store to find some guides, remember to use either your credit card or the ever so great, $2 bill.:razz::twisted::twisted:[/QUOTE]

If you did it for in-store pickup, you have to use the credit card you used to make the purchase. Which I always do. :D What's the transaction fee on $0.06, anyway? :rofl:

If I bought one B&M, I'd sure as heck use a $2 bill. :D

And as an aside, all the $0.01 guides are OOS on BB.com. :cry:

[quote name='Nogib']In my visit to BB today, I can confirm that the Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls guide is down to a penny now too.[/QUOTE]

No sign of it on the website, which happened a bunch of times with the other $0.01 guides.

Add Fable Strategy Guide to the list.

Also DON"T call the store and ask. The employees will tell you some BS story about it being OOS, they buy it for themselves. The other BS story I heard is the limit of 1 or 3 per person.

The only way to have any chance of buying these is to go in-person.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The Paper Mario guide and the Xmen Legends guides were the only two pennied guides that I couldn't find at any store from the last drop. I doubt any store still has any but it's still worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was lucky enough to find one Paper Mario that go-round, but I never found an X-men, and I searched Best Buys in three states (I was on a road trip anyway, I didn't go through three states on a mission to find penny guides, although that was the trip during which I found the magic EB that had shelves overflowing with penny guides).

Finally, MGS 3 and Pokemon guides are pennied out! ^_^ I know my BB has those two, at least. I'll probably end up with some extra guides from this list to trade, so if anyone can't find any at their store, PM with a list of what guides you have for trade and we'll see if we can work anything out.

Thanks a ton OP! ^_^

It never fails. I go to BB and get some of the penny guides, but when I return to this site, there's always another one available that I saw. I did guess on Fable, but didn't on FF1&2. I price-checked Halo 2, FF:CC and Zelda:Four Swords. All full price.

I went to my local best buy and they had metal gear and DOA ultimate guides in stock and the website stated that none were in stock. If you can, you should double check too see if the guides that your looking are in your locall BB.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wario, I picked up a copy of it, before I remembered I had a copy of it already. It's yours if you want it. Might be a day or two before I get my hands on it, so I'll let you know when I have it in-hand.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for covering for me, but I just got back from Best Buy and I got a generous employee that let me get 2 copies of the MGS3 guide. Sweet...so I'm set. Thanks though!

bread's done
Back